PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, I have a reputation

catnapper
09-23-2009, 10:00 PM
I was in the house this afternoon while hubby was keeping Callie and Cameron entertained outside. I heard hubby calling for me, and I came outside to find hubby talking to two young guys. They lost their cat two days ago. Its a brown tabby (no - I didn't steal it!)

I DID see a cat's eyes shine last night as we pulled into the driveway, and I DID attempt to find the cat.

ANYWAY, the guys said that people told them to come ask me because I'm the "lady who rescues animals" :)

At least, its not "the crazy cat lady" :p

katladyd
09-23-2009, 11:53 PM
There are worse things to be.:D

catmandu
09-24-2009, 06:39 AM
I had a renter from next door ask if I had thier Cat who was missing.
He was a black and white and they thought Scrappy 2 was him. I explained that Scrappy 2 was a much older spayed female and that I had the Vet papers to prove it.
The thing is that you can talk until you are blue in the face and some people wont believe you.
And I asked why they would let thier cat loose and told them that this was not a safe neighborhood for Cats.
They werent impressed , and I was glad when they made a midnight move to duck out of paying rent, and went elsewhere.
:cool::cool::cool:
I think thier Cat did find a home on the next block.
:love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
09-24-2009, 07:52 AM
What they do with me is whenever there is a stray kitten found, the kids bring it to me saying "Mama said you'd know what to do with this kitten so bring it to you!". :rolleyes: I've also had neighbors that have come told me they need to rehome their cat, asking if I could help them find a home for it..

I guess it's nice that they think of you when a cat is involved but we don't always have any answers for them.

In the case of a lost cat, there is a lot of advice we could offer and well as let them know we would watch for them and get a number to call if you spot their baby.

Freedom
09-24-2009, 08:31 AM
I think that is lovely, the "go to "person when you are missing a pet!

I get all the neighborhood strays brought to me, seems no one else has a clue how to find the original owner. :rolleyes: Thanks, PT, I learned almost all of it from here! :p

catmandu
09-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Actually my Mail Lady siad that they were missing a Cat , a Tabby and White Cat!
I told her that there was a Cat like that feeding here, but I would not take it in as it may be carrying fleas or worse FIP!!
She let them know, and I havent heard anthing since!!
:love::love::)
I hope that Tommy Tabby went home!!!
:love::love::love: