PDA

View Full Version : PT meeting in Boston with the Mayor! UPDATE - 2 pics #4 and 3 more pics!

Catty1
09-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Mom and I went on a cruise that started in Montreal and ended in Boston. We got home late Sunday night, and I spent three nights at mom's place as she was having cataract surgery and someone was supposed to be with her and drive.

SO - I don't even have my photos downloaded yet!

Suffice to say for now that another friend and her boyfriend were there - Angelo is Italian (duh!) and from New York. Between Karen and him, I was laughing so hard I was crying. The drive back to the hotel was no better! :D Angelo said at one point, "She's dyin' back heah!" I WAS.

It was especially great to see Mom laughing so hard she almost couldn't breathe either!

All I asked Karen was how she and Paul met. The whole response, a megillah, as told by Karen, even had Angelo almost on the floor. At one point, he almost pleaded, "Please don't tell me this gets better!" Karen said, "It gets better!"

And almost NONE of this had to do with Paul. It was the story that was great.

We all got to see pics of Miss Hoppy on the cell phone - and everyone ooh'd and ahh'd!

THANK YOU KAREN for the ride there and back...and I will post more of a story when I go through all 200 of my pics! :D

beeniesmom
09-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Sounds like a great time. :)

Karen
09-23-2009, 09:34 PM
You're welcome, can ya tell I'm from a long line of storytellers? ;) We had a great time, and Paul enjoyed the Ma Po To Fu I brought home, it was all gone in a matter of minutes! :) He said you can tell the restaurant is new - it was perfectly spicy enough for him - which means most people won't like it!

Catty1
09-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Two pics!

Clockwise: Karen, me, Laura, Angelo, Mom!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/Chinese-Restaurant2.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Candace_1956/Chinese_Restaurant1.jpg

Freedom
09-24-2009, 08:33 AM
I am so pleased you got together! Karen is a fantastic story teller, it is an old tradition, and quite a talent.

lvpets2002
09-24-2009, 11:14 AM
:love: Sounds like it was a very nice time & that you all for sure enjoyed each other..

Catty1
09-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Helene, I swear I laughed more and harder in that one night than I have in the past year!!! :D

lvpets2002
09-24-2009, 11:27 AM
:) Darn & I missed it.. I just love being around good funny people & laughing all night..
Helene, I swear I laughed more and harder in that one night than I have in the past year!!! :D

Catty1
09-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Karen and Angelo are setting up their Texas tour as we speak! :D:p

Laura is also indispensable, as she has her own 'take' on things! :D

Anikaca77
09-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Looks like you guys all had a great time :)

That's wonderful.

Melissa

Catty1
10-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Three more pics...any of you in or near Boston have to go to this restaurant! YUM! (I got my lobster fix at last!)

I took these without flash and they are quite yellow - my Picture Viewer editor didn't allow for a lot of colour change. But hey - we glow! Even Mayor Karen glows! :D

anna_66
10-11-2009, 08:26 PM
So nice that you all were able to get together. Love the pictures!