PDA

View Full Version : Hubby having a renal scan today...

carole
09-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers today, my hubby Steve is having a renal scan at 1pm today, i will go with him of course, naturally I am a little concerned as to what they will find,Hubby has had nephritis as a child and a kidney stone over 17 and half years ago, so hoping it is either nothing much or a stone,nothing more sinister, one never knows, he has been very fatigued lately and having some pain and just not feeling too well at all, so hope we can get to the bottom of it all once and for all.

Thanks for listening.

Catty1
09-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Prayers for Steve and for you. Sometimes it is something small that can cause "big" symptoms. I hope that whatever they find is very very treatable.:love:

caseysmom
09-21-2009, 06:32 PM
You and your husband will be in my thoughts.

phesina
09-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Prayers for Steve, and for you too, Carole.

That's good that he is having this checked out.

carole
09-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Thank you for thinking of us, all went well, the scan showed that everything is in order, it sure gives you peace of mind, considering he had nephritis as a child ,his kidneys have no severe damage it appears, so that was a good thing to know.
Still we have to find out what the problem is though ,but the good thing it cannot be anything too serious, a stone would not necessarily show up on the scan unless it was large, so maybe that is the problem,just have to wait and see what the Doctor says to do from here on.

Anikaca77
09-24-2009, 12:02 PM
I hope they find out what's wrong soon but I'm glad to hear the test didn't show anything seriously wrong.

Prays that you find a quick answer and everything goes well.

Melissa

Karen
09-24-2009, 12:35 PM
I am glad the scan was good, that's a relief! Now to figure out the "rest of the story - I am sure they took blood, etc, and hope they will figure it out soon!

davidpizzica
09-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Oh, Sis I'm glad that the scan didn't show anything serious. Pittsburgh prayers and thoughts go out to your husband and you that it's a minor problem. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you, Carole and your family.

carole
09-24-2009, 10:17 PM
He did not have many other tests done ,not bloods, just one and it came back normal, so that is a good sign, still puzzling though as he certainly has not been feeling that well, let us hope we can find out what is the problem, knowing him he will be satisfied with the results and leave it now,whereas i think we should investigate further to find out what is causing how he feels. Thanks everyone for listening and your kind responses, a worry shared is a worry halfed lol.:)