PDA

View Full Version : filtered water

allmycats
09-21-2009, 04:40 PM
one of my cats had crystals in her urine some time back and the vet said tap water is not good, it has too much calcium, that can cause crystals and bladder problems. I only give my cats filtered water now, too bad because 3 of them used to love to drink form the faucet:(

lvpets2002
09-21-2009, 04:43 PM
:love: Now my cats get bottled cold water..

aTailOf2Kitties
09-21-2009, 05:50 PM
if your cats like drinking moving water from the faucet, they'd probably enjoy one of the pet fountains filled with the filtered water. My cats drank a lot of water when I had the fountain going. I just got tired of having to fill it up all the time a I can't seem to find any larger ones here locally.

Catty1
09-21-2009, 06:15 PM
I use Brita water for my kitties. Many years ago, I had a roommate...she had two cats, I had one. I had a huge room as a bedroom, so kept Dave in there (the cat). I would let him out occasionally though, and he would make a beeline for the other cats' water dish. I told Dave he had water already...my roommate then said that she used filtered water. She said cats like it - it tastes more like rainwater cause there isn't any 'people additives' in it.

There are generic pitchers and filters now...some pitchers that are in great shape can be found in second hand stores. I just wash them with hot water, soap and some bleach, and rinse well. They work great.

allmycats
09-21-2009, 06:22 PM
if your cats like drinking moving water from the faucet, they'd probably enjoy one of the pet fountains filled with the filtered water. My cats drank a lot of water when I had the fountain going. I just got tired of having to fill it up all the time a I can't seem to find any larger ones here locally.

:rolleyes:I tried that, spent $50, it was a no go!:(

catmandu
09-22-2009, 09:47 AM
I use Brita as well , its the best I can do for My Dear Thirtsy Found Ctas, especially my Three Seniors!!:love::love::love:

Freedom
09-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Our tap water has lots of chlorine in it. My very first cat ever, Amber (RB Mr. Amber Cat) refused to drink it. So I would get spring water for him and I . . . used the tap water! :rolleyes: After a bit, I realized that was nuts, so I bought a Brita. I use that for everything now.

Chestnut and Crystal still enjoy it from the tap.

Gin
09-22-2009, 03:58 PM
I've always given the cats filtered water; I assumed that since I hated the taste of our tap water, probably the cats did as well. They love their filtered water and it's good to know it's better for them. (But Sassy still drinks from the faucet occasionally!)

moosmom
09-22-2009, 05:43 PM
I invested in a Drinkwell Fountain with a 6 cup reservoir. They love it and it automatically filters the water.

phesina
09-22-2009, 07:27 PM
I've used a Brita pitcher for years now, for me and the cats!