PDA

View Full Version : A Tasha Tidbit

Freedom
09-21-2009, 12:06 PM
I took the fluffs to Slater Park Sunday evening. There is a place by the pond with an oak stand, about 15 oak trees. Don't know if it being dusk had anything to do with this, but acorns were dropping, about one every 30 seconds. PLOP! An acorn dropped, hit the ground and bounced, then settled.

Tasha was astounded! I don't think she ever figured out they were dropping from "the sky." She would dash over to one, sniff, maybe roll it. PLOP! Another one dropped and bounced, and off she ran to check that one out. We were in that small area for at least 10 minutes. The other 3 were bored, wondering why we kept zig zagging around that little area. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

Tasha seemed to think they were bouncing up off the ground, like a frog I imagine (although now I think of it, she hasn't met a frog yet either!). Well, when they dropped, they DID bounce once, lol.

And of course, irony, Murphy's Law, whatever, one acorn struck a target -- MARLIN! The Drama Queen King. That funny sound you heard about 7:15 that evening was Darlin' Marlin having a panic attack. It did not on his head, on his pudgy body, but he clearly felt it and did NOT approve. Goodness, between the 2 of them I had a very enjoyable time!

Karen
09-21-2009, 12:13 PM
What fun a dog can bring - some people just don't know what they are missing!

cassiesmom
09-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Oh, Miss Tasha! ((((HUG)))) I bet you were sooo cute! I'd love to see a group of oak trees like that; I imagine they get ver y lovely in the autumn.

And Marlin Darlin! That mean oak tree dropping an acorn on you!