PDA

View Full Version : Wachovia account holders

pomtzu
09-21-2009, 07:55 AM
If any of you have any kind of account with Wachovia Bank, be on the lookout for a phony phishing email that appears to be from them. I had one this a.m. - wanting me to click on a provided link to "unlock" the account. The grammar was pathetic - dead giveaway - but I wouldn't have used the link anyway.

I don't even have an account with them anymore - that is who my car loan was with - and that was paid off several months ago. I suppose my personal info is still on file with them tho.

smokey the elder
09-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Wachovia no longer exists. They were bought by Wells Fargo, I think

pomtzu
09-21-2009, 03:06 PM
I believe that they still operate under Wachovia tho. Their website is still up and I reported the phishing to their abuse dept, and got an acknowledgment from them on it.

Puckstop31
09-21-2009, 03:33 PM
I have a "side" account with Wachovia. They are, for now, still operating under the Wachovia brand but that is supposed to change soon. And FWIW, my mortgage is owned by Well Fargo now and I have been happy with their service.

As for the email... Financial institutions will NEVER do these kind of things via email. NEVER.

pomtzu
09-21-2009, 03:39 PM
As for the email... Financial institutions will NEVER do these kind of things via email. NEVER.

And that exactly why I reported it to them...........

Their website does say "Wachovia - A Wells Fargo Company"