PDA

View Full Version : TP + Kitten = OMG NO!!

king2005
09-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Sooo ya. Cam had a LOT of fun in the bathroom last night. She shredded a WHOLE roll of toilet paper!!! It was EVERYWHERE!!! Correction, it is still everywhere :p :rolleyes:

happylabs
09-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Sooo ya. Cam had a LOT of fun in the bathroom last night. She shredded a WHOLE roll of toilet paper!!! It was EVERYWHERE!!! Correction, it is still everywhere :p :rolleyes:

Oh yes...the joys of kitten-hood.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Pics!!! Pics!!! Pics!!! ;):)

Laura's Babies
09-17-2009, 08:55 AM
LOL! So, she found a way to entertain herself? They are good at doing that. I am soooo glad Giz hasn't done that..

king2005
09-17-2009, 08:55 AM
I'll take pics when I get home :D

Pinot's Mom
09-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Pinot, thank goodness, has confined this habit only to the bathroom on the lower level (the floor where her food and box are); we just keep that door closed. Good luck! ;)

aTailOf2Kitties
09-17-2009, 09:46 AM
both of my boys shred TP on occasion, when I don't remember to leave the door shut. Yup, it gets everywhere!:eek:

catmandu
09-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Cam knew that you needed to have a good laugh , and a smile on your face.
You certainly got a lot of laughter quite reasonably!!
You better stock up in case Cams not done!!!
:love::love::love:

king2005
09-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Cam knew that you needed to have a good laugh , and a smile on your face.
You certainly got a lot of laughter quite reasonably!!
You better stock up in case Cams not done!!!
:love::love::love:

I'm going to start keeping the TP under the sink so she can't shred it again LOL
Crazy little bugger!

I'm just glad she doesn't try to shred everything in sight! That was one of my biggest worries, as I have a leather couch. I trim her claws weekly so I think that's helping. & everytime she tries to climb something I shout NO & she actually listens & stops right away, but she Meows at me first LOL I can't believe how well she is acting though. I've lived with cats in the past or visited friends with cats & it was horrible! They were clawing everything in sight, bit, scratched, hissed, & were just unpleasant creatures 75% of the time. Thats why I'm trying to raise Cam like dog. She has rules she must obey & gets scolded when shes naughty (if I catch her in the act), so far it's going well... She not jumping up on things as shes not allowed. Just like Digi's not allowed. If I invite her onto my chair for a belly rub & a pat then it's ok, but shes not welcomed to hop up without permission.. just like Digi

I think thats also why Digi is so accepting of Cam. They have the same rules.. Well cam is allowed in the kitchen as thats where her wet food is, otherwise Digi will eat it on her & when I trie to feed it to her in the bathroom, she'll run out & will go to Digi's food & Digi gets pertty ugly (shes all talk & no action). So Cam has to eat in the kitchen. She eats her food just on the other side of the gate & both are happy. :)

katladyd
09-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Oh my, I am so sorry you have had such negative experiences with cats. My boys, and I am sure most of the kitties on this site, don't scratch or hiss or do anything naughty! One of mine (he's Siamese, they do what they want) does claw the furniture once in awhile, but not on an everyday basis. He stops when you tell him to and then gives you head bumpies (he's a true sweetheart). Most cats are sweet, loyal, playful, little creatures and it sounds like little Cam is going to be one of those. As for the TP? Been there, done that.:D

aTailOf2Kitties
09-17-2009, 02:15 PM
dear little Cam does have a scratching post right? Cats just gotta scratch something (it's instinct) but the TP was probably just a fun toy she decided to "kill".

Taz_Zoee
09-17-2009, 02:49 PM
It's so funny you posted this today. Paizly does not shred the toilet paper (thankfully!). But this morning while I was getting ready she came into the bathroom and reached up and batted the roll a few times. I thought...oh no, I hope she doesn't start that. But it wasn't exciting enough for her so she went away.

kitten645
09-17-2009, 08:32 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e198/missmeow645/funny-pictures-cats-shred-toilet-pa.jpg

Thought of you all!

blue
09-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Erp used to be a major TP killer/shredder. Very glad she grew out of that.

krazyaboutkatz
09-18-2009, 01:21 AM
I remember those days.:rolleyes: Storm wasn't a kitten when I adopted him but that didn't stop him. He played with TP for several months and then just decided to stop. I think he was lonely in the beginning so then I got him Pepper for a companion.

When Pearl was still being fostered at K & L's house. Lisa took a cute picture of her almost caught in the act of TP shredding. Luckily she never tried this in my home. I'll attach the picture below. Sunny used to play with napkins or paper towels so now the napkins are kept on top of the refrigerator and paper towels have to be hung from the wall. Pearl and RB Starr used to also attack my mail but they finally out grew this.

GILL
09-21-2009, 12:30 PM
None of ours has gone for the, But the chest pad on the Nautic-track looks like someone went at it with a machinegun. The 2x4s that will divide the rooms on the second floor have been well sculpted. TP is alot easyer to replace then 2x4s.

Catty1
09-21-2009, 04:12 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/funny-pictures-cats-count-your-toilet-paper.jpg

pomtzu
09-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Cats aren't the only culprits. Puppies like it too. When my RB Lhasa Tai was just a little one, she was constantly into the TP. We actually ended up moving the holders out of her reach in both bathrooms, because she wasn't growing out of it. :eek: :D

kuhio98
09-21-2009, 05:47 PM
With Halo it was paper towels. She would hug the roll and kick the crap out of it with her hind feet. Then, like others have said, one day she just quit.

king2005
09-28-2009, 09:21 AM
I can't even wipe myself with TP without Cam attacking the TP!!
TMI I know, but after/while I wipe the little bugger actually tries to attack THAT piece of TP!!! NOT a place I wanna get clawed thank you very much!! I watch her like a hawk when I'm doing my business as she is stalking the TP! She looks like she's not paying attention & then she lundges!! :D :D :D