PDA

View Full Version : Oh that girl of mine!

catnapper
09-16-2009, 09:20 PM
I had someone over this afternoon to do some dog training. She has a 5 month old cattle dog who needs major help - mostly socialization. The lady is currently going through the same problem I had this past year: the puppy terrorizes her cats.

While we worked on basic commands, a sleepy-eyed Trixie came downstairs. She sat on the bottom step and went through a whole wake-up procedure: yawning and stretching with great flair. All this wasn't ignored by the puppy, who was going NUTS to meet Trix. And she KNEW it. She sauntered over the the puppy. Sat *this* close to the puppy, knowing full well how long his leash would reach.

She spent a full half hour tip-toe-ing around the room and teasing the poor puppy. Eventually, the puppy gave up on her and ignored her. Mom's jaw dropped and asked if she could take Trixie home with her.... and I said she's all MINE! :D

Barbara
09-17-2009, 10:03 AM
I am afraid that is the same thing the cats here did with my mom's doxie Amber. Just getting closer and closer and then when Amber wanted to play- off they were. Filou one time did get close enough to barely touch noses. Amber rather was scared by the kitties and their erratic behavior.