PDA

View Full Version : It's Fall! Thursday 334!

RICHARD
09-16-2009, 04:50 PM
IT's almost fall (boy, that was a fast summer?)

I think one more wienie roast and a few beers to say so long to the summer and get ready for all things "Fall".

I am looking forward to cooler weather, Sorry all you people back East!
I love this time of year.:eek:

Pull up a chair and enjoy.

DONE!

Karen
09-16-2009, 05:14 PM
I ran an errand today with Paul's mom, and it took us West, just 20 miles or so West from here on the Turnpike, and things were beginning to turn here and there, so autumn has truly begun. The swamp maples always turn first, and there was one, set amongst otherwise solidly green trees, that was lovely flaming orange and gold.

Cider, please!

KYS
09-16-2009, 05:26 PM
BBQ Wienie roast, count me in!!
The cooler weather was sure nice while it lasted.
I heard on the news the S. F. Valley will hit the 3 digit mark this Satuarday.
:(
I am looking forward to Fall weather.

Pinot's Mom
09-16-2009, 05:30 PM
I love Fall!! We'll be pop up camping in the Asheville, NC area in two weeks - favorite time of year (I think, but I can make a case for any time of year except high summer;)). You missed a sausage roast on our deck last weekend Richard! OK, off topic...

I'd like...one last hot dog w/mustard and, just for you, I'll chase it with a brew. You don't hear that out of me very often, but to celebrate the last weenie roast, I'll go with the flow!:D

RICHARD
09-16-2009, 06:29 PM
I love Fall!! We'll be pop up camping in the Asheville, NC area in two weeks - favorite time of year (I think, but I can make a case for any time of year except high summer;)). You missed a sausage roast on our deck last weekend Richard! OK, off topic...

I'd like...one last hot dog w/mustard and, just for you, I'll chase it with a brew. You don't hear that out of me very often, but to celebrate the last weenie roast, I'll go with the flow!:D

I am not talking to you or Karen...;) I would love to go camping or driving out
in the country to see all the 'sights'. The pictures or nothing short of spectacular and awe inspiring!:D

One dog and a brew.....
DONE!

KYS,

I am planning on getting a deodorant franchise out here!:eek: It has not been that bad, but I will be glad for the change!

One weinie?

DONE!

Karen,

Do the leaves falling off my mulberry bush count?:rolleyes:

One Cider?

DONE!

cassiesmom
09-16-2009, 08:21 PM
I heard on the news the S. F. Valley will hit the 3 digit mark this Saturday.

Oh, good ... open for business ... could I have iced tea, please? I'm packing my bags to go find those triple-digit temps in the S. F. Valley ... not ready for summer to be over yet! the leaves are supposed to start turning around my brother's birthday in mid-October, not mine (Labor Day weekend)!

RICHARD
09-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Oh, good ... open for business ... could I have iced tea, please? I'm packing my bags to go find those triple-digit temps in the S. F. Valley ... not ready for summer to be over yet! the leaves are supposed to start turning around my brother's birthday in mid-October, not mine (Labor Day weekend)!

A large iced tea and a heat wave?

DONE!

Killearn Kitties
09-17-2009, 03:39 AM
I am looking forward to cooler weather,
Oh stop gloating. I'll take one of those beers please, and get back to work in the garden. We are now on our ninth dry day in a row!!!!! Ever tried to do a whole summer's work in a week?

DJFyrewolf36
09-17-2009, 07:17 AM
Cool and rainy up here, didn't waste much time getting to the rainy part of fall but thankfully it isnt nearly as chilly as normally is this time of year. Its 5 am now...and I haven't been to bed yet...anyone have a cure for insomnia? :rolleyes:

RICHARD
09-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Cool and rainy up here, didn't waste much time getting to the rainy part of fall but thankfully it isnt nearly as chilly as normally is this time of year. Its 5 am now...and I haven't been to bed yet...anyone have a cure for insomnia? :rolleyes:

When you drop into bed turn off the tube, radio and be as quiet as possible.:eek: Either that or read the phone book?:rolleyes:;)

KK,

I think it's the 'gloat' in the garden that keep pooping and knocking over my flowers!:rolleyes::eek::confused:

One beer?

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Fall is my favorite season. I got a new fall wreath for the front door, so of course, the temp is in the 80s today. :rolleyes:

I'll take a cider too, please!

RICHARD
09-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Fall is my favorite season. I got a new fall wreath for the front door, so of course, the temp is in the 80s today. :rolleyes:

I'll take a cider too, please!

One cider? DONE!

I had to laugh, the crossword clue yesterday was "Apple Cider Gal" three letters and I didn't know it....

The answer was IDA....no excuse for not remembering next time!:D

davidpizzica
09-17-2009, 05:12 PM
RICHARD, the leaves are starting to turn up here in Cabot. The temps are in the 70s and sunny, although we can use some rain. I'm trying to check in when I can at Thursdays. RICHARD, I'll have a hot dog with everything and if Orc is running the ceement mixer, I'll have a big slushie!

Pinot's Mom
09-18-2009, 01:26 PM
David, I think the barkeep left or he's still not speaking to Easterners. You've been waiting a long time and I feel bad.:rolleyes:

Here's your Hot Dog and Slushie!!;)

RICHARD
09-18-2009, 01:36 PM
RICHARD, the leaves are starting to turn up here in Cabot. The temps are in the 70s and sunny, although we can use some rain. I'm trying to check in when I can at Thursdays. RICHARD, I'll have a hot dog with everything and if Orc is running the ceement mixer, I'll have a big slushie!

One dog and a sluishie?

I think we can do that....Oh, I wanted to wait to say anything about your Pirates and the Dodgers. :eek:

DONE!

PM,

I am here. I have some non computer things to do around the house!!

Thanks!

Cinder & Smoke
09-18-2009, 01:51 PM
if Orc is running the ceement mixer, I'll have a big slushie!

You might want to Second Source that slusshie ...

I noticed the Orc :eek: had mixed a batch, then Crawled Into the Mixer :p
to cool off. I also heard a *BuRRRRp* and see he's chewing on a straw.

I'll gofur a couple loaded dawgs, but with a Beer - inna BOTTLE, pleeze.

:D

smokey the elder
09-18-2009, 02:02 PM
I'll have a chili dog and a Mike's hard lemonade please. It got warm today!

RICHARD
09-18-2009, 02:05 PM
C&S,

Comeon! Everyone know an ORC is a 'mythological' being!

Two everything dogs and a bottle of beer - from the wall.:D

DONE!

STE,

Ummmmmm, Chili dogs......

And a hard lemonade!

DONE!

slick
09-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Hey Richard. Are you around - or flat???? :D:D

OK, it's Friday and I'm parched. Please may I have a couple of those chili dogs and a beer for each hand???? Yeah, just load on the chili. I sleep alone :rolleyes::D

RICHARD
09-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Hey Richard. Are you around - or flat???? :D:D

OK, it's Friday and I'm parched. Please may I have a couple of those chili dogs and a beer for each hand???? Yeah, just load on the chili. I sleep alone :rolleyes::D

Two dogs and two beers?

Done a rooney!:D

DJFyrewolf36
09-18-2009, 10:40 PM
*sigh* I'm sad tonight...I need a shoulder to cry on. :(

Pinot's Mom
09-19-2009, 01:36 PM
What's the problem? Orc - bring a strong slushie over!

RICHARD
09-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Hey DJ,

Hope it's nothing serious.

Come sit on the couch and heres a drink!

DONE!:D

Karen
09-19-2009, 10:12 PM
*sigh* I'm sad tonight...I need a shoulder to cry on. :(

We Petersons (maiden name) come equipped with terrycloth shoulders, good for crying on. Sending you a big hug!

DJFyrewolf36
09-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Thanks guys! I have severe foot in mouth syndrome when my blood sugar gets low. Also Im in therapy for depression and what happened with Nina...so sometimes my brain engages after my mouth. Its something Im working very hard at fixing because I don't like taking out my agression on my friends. So...me and the hubby got into an argument (stupid) and I sent some emo text messages to my friend. She got huffy with me and said she couldnt handle my cr@p and I haven't heard from her since. Shes notoriously hard to get ahold of on the phone and I haven't really been trying to get ahold of her because I work Sat-Tues anyhow. I did send her a text saying I was sorry and that I realized I probibly shouldn't have vented at her.
Ive apologized...there isn't much else I can do. My friend is dear to me...quite like family actually and it just makes me sad that we aren't getting along. She has some issues going on too (family drama) so I get why she is being kind of stand offish and feeling overloaded. I just wish I could convince her that Im sincere in my apology for adding to her stress. :(
I need a drink lol. Thanks for letting me vent.

gini
09-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Sunday morning - let's hope this is the start of a better, happier week for everyone.

Hmmm, I don't think I have ever heard an ORC burp. Do I want to?

I brought breakfast - I know it is a little late - but it is all spread out on the bar with plates and stuff. Help yourself.

I'm reading a really good book that I want to finish - so I will just curl up over on the sofa and finish it. I'll make a batch of slushies -mild ones - it is early.

davidpizzica
09-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Good idea, Gini! I wouldn't trust the slushie batch Orc made, and an Orc burp is not the sound I'd like to hear!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Good idea, Gini! I wouldn't trust the slushie batch Orc made, and an Orc burp is not the sound I'd like to hear!

All things considered though, I'd rather hear an Orc burp than what comes out the other end! :D :love:

I'd love a cherry vanilla coke please?

RICHARD
09-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh boy!

Time for a later snack...

DJ,
You have done what you can, it's up to the other person to work with you.

All the best...

DONE!

Gini,
thanks and sorry about your game yesterday!:eek:

David,

DO you want me to toss him out?

:D

Hi MOFF,

a CVC?

DONE!

DJFyrewolf36
09-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Well...good news my friend is talking to me...bad news is is she is atributing things to me that I just don't feel. I understand her reasoning but at the same time I have a really snarky reply at the tip of my tounge that I know wouldn't help the situation.

People are way too friggen complecated lol.

Orc, bring one of those slushies my way!

Pinot's Mom
09-21-2009, 08:03 AM
Top o'the morning everyone! Bagels and cappucinos?:D Happy Monday!

RICHARD
09-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Top o'the morning everyone! Bagels and cappucinos?:D Happy Monday!

And Happy Autumnal Equinox to you all!

I have been jonesing for some fried eggs and bacon.....

DJ,
Just sit still and let life happen. Sometimes it's all you can do!

gini
09-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Hey - it is lunch time isn't it? Richard whatcha got cookin'?

How about a philly steak sandwich - or maybe a really good burger with cheese - no pastrami - not my favorite - or a good monte cristo - yes, that with some jam and fresh fruit.

Yum!!

And an Arnold Palmer to wash it all down.

Thanks!!

Killearn Kitties
09-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Hmmmm, I have no idea what any of that is Gini. Do I want to be adventurous and try it all?

RICHARD
09-21-2009, 02:31 PM
http://southernfood.about.com/od/turkeysandwiches/r/bl30107j.htm

An Arnold Palmer is a beverage consisting of half iced tea (either sweetened or unsweetened) and half lemonade named for golfer Arnold Palmer.

http://video.about.com/americanfood/Make-a-Philly-Cheesesteak.htm

Killearn Kitties
09-21-2009, 02:36 PM
In that case, I may just stick to the original theme which was geared for the cooler weather. Our summer of 10 days has well and truly gone. No more gardening for me. Coffee and a Baileys sounds good tonight!

Randi
09-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Neither have I, but Karen I'll come and sit next to you - and we can try it out. If it's really awful, we can always do a full English breakfast. :)

RICHARD
09-21-2009, 03:07 PM
If it's really awful, we can always do a full English breakfast. :)

Awful?

Oh, My nationalistic pride has been damaged.;):eek::D

Some food sounds terrible but is really good!! A good cheese steak-and people will argue about where they can be found-is fantastic or a home made french dip sandwich is really good!

French Dip sandwich recipe.

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 (10.5 ounce) can beef consomme
1 cup water
1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
8 slices provolone cheese
4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
Add to Recipe Box

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Open the hoagie rolls and lay out on a baking sheet.

Heat beef consomme and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat to make a rich beef broth.

Place the roast beef in the broth and warm for 3 minutes. Arrange the meat on the hoagie rolls and top each roll with 2 slices of provolone.

Bake the sandwiches in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese just begins to melt. Serve the sandwiches with small bowls of the warm broth for dipping.

* a hoagie roll like a small french bread loaf.

Killearn Kitties
09-21-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm so tempted to ask where you find an "add to recipe box" :D but I think I will just confine myself to asking for one of those sandwiches. They sound wonderful!

RICHARD
09-22-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm so tempted to ask where you find an "add to recipe box" :D but I think I will just confine myself to asking for one of those sandwiches. They sound wonderful!

LOL, I try to edit a 'cut and paste' post beforehand.:eek::p;)

I am getting old!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-22-2009, 03:37 PM
It's been rainy and chilly here the last two days. I need some comfort food but can't decide what! Any suggestions?:D

Pinot's Mom
09-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Wish I had been able to respond to this yesterday as what I'm about to say would have made more sense at dinnertime than breakfast....
Comfort food - homemade meatloaf and real mashed potatoes! Nothin' better!

Now, as it's b'fast time, coffee with a touch (just a touch, mind you) of irish creme, and something I haven't had since Scotland a few years ago...a bacon roll!:) G'mornin' y'all!

RICHARD
09-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Wish I had been able to respond to this yesterday as what I'm about to say would have made more sense at dinnertime than breakfast....

Now, as it's b'fast time, coffee with a touch (just a touch, mind you) of irish creme, and something I haven't had since Scotland a few years ago...a bacon roll!:) G'mornin' y'all!

OK,

Bacon roll?

I'll have to look into this!

DONE!:D

Pinot's Mom
09-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Richard, the bacon roll is deceptively simple and somehow amazingly good; it's all over the UK in slightly varying forms. The one I had from a little shop was just a wonderful roll (biscuit?), but not a very thick roll, split, buttered and grilled; take several "rashers" of bacon (which is NOT American bacon, it's somewhere between Canadian style and American style), a little mayo or additional butter (really!), and lettuce if you'd like (I thought that sounded too healthy, I passed), and that's it. It's just their street food for a quick sandwich anytime, but I remember it WELL! :D I think they're also called bacon 'butties'.

RICHARD
09-23-2009, 10:21 AM
i think they're also called bacon 'butties'.

done!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-23-2009, 12:50 PM

Yes! That would have been perfect!!! I made do with a hot beef sandwich though. Don't know if the rest of the country has them or if it's a Kansas thing.
A slice of bread (cut diagonally) topped with thin sliced cooked beef. Top that with mashed potatoes and brown gravy! YUMMY!!! :D

davidpizzica
09-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Yes! That would have been perfect!!! I made do with a hot beef sandwich though. Don't know if the rest of the country has them or if it's a Kansas thing.
A slice of bread (cut diagonally) topped with thin sliced cooked beef. Top that with mashed potatoes and brown gravy! YUMMY!!! :D

MOFF, I'll join you in one!

Killearn Kitties
09-23-2009, 03:38 PM
:eek: Does EVERYBODY not eat bacon rolls???
And if not, why not? It is the best way to eat bacon.

RICHARD
09-23-2009, 06:25 PM

Are we gonna start fighting about this?:D I live on the West Coast.

We eat our bacon with chocolate ice cream.:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-23-2009, 06:36 PM

I've never even heard of a bacon roll! what is it? :confused::love:

Pinot's Mom
09-23-2009, 07:40 PM

I KNOW! I have craved them since I was in the UK! Sadly, no, we do not eat bacon rolls. :( I thought it would be just wrong if I tried to make them myself, as the bacon is not the same. Karen, I'll just have to come back there!

MOFF:I've never even heard of a bacon roll! what is it?

See post #44. They're wonderful!:D

DJFyrewolf36
09-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Are we gonna start fighting about this?:D I live on the West Coast.

We eat our bacon with chocolate ice cream.:eek:

Or with chocolate cake, yum yummy!!