PDA

View Full Version : The best sports moment in a long time!

RICHARD
09-16-2009, 04:32 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090916&content_id=7000336&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I saw this last night and laughed, the father was the best.

What a great moment.:D

Pam
09-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Wasn't that just the greatest? :) Hubby and I watched it and got a big laugh. I also wondered about the folks below who never imagined that a ball caught by a fan would ever be thrown back! LOOK OUT BELOW! LOL! :eek::D

lizbud
09-16-2009, 06:10 PM
I saw that too. Wasn't that a great Daddy moment.:D Lucky little girl.:)

RICHARD
09-16-2009, 08:34 PM
I was a little tired of watching drunk HOFers, Rude tennis players and Buffalo Bills fans who are stupid beyond belief.

Pam
09-17-2009, 06:44 AM
I just got to watch their interview on The Today Show. :) Jayson Werth sent along an autographed ball for them and they all got Phillies shirts. Really cool! :cool:

Moesha
09-17-2009, 07:00 AM
Thanks for letting me know what the "surprise" was. I am getting ready to leave for work and The Today Show is just starting here. Plus, I usually watch Good Morning America. ;) That was a very nice thing to do for them.

Husky_mom
09-17-2009, 08:31 AM
that is awesome.. just saw it this morning.. and was telling hubby that if I had seen that I would give the ball back... that was a great dad moment... and great it got caught on film...

he was like "Omg what did you do?.. ok no prob.. you´re just a baby.. my baby"... the girl´s mother should be very proud...

Daisy and Delilah
09-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Wasn't that just precious? What else do you do with a ball at a game?? You throw it back.....

I saw them this morning on the Today show too. It's a great story.:)

MoonandBean
09-17-2009, 10:36 AM
So heartwarming. I love the moms reaction too! Great parents!

smokey the elder
09-17-2009, 12:50 PM
That was adorable. I saw it on the Internet, local news and national news last night! Refreshing after all of the bad behavior lately. I'm glad they got stuff from the Phillies...what a nice treat.

RICHARD
09-17-2009, 03:33 PM
I need to chime in on this one.

The throwing back of balls may have started in Chicago at Wrigley.

The visiting team homers were tossed back onto the field from the ranks of the Bleacher Bums. The Homer's homers are kept.

I do not know what the 'protocol' for foul balls is, but the practice has spread to other ballparks and it changes from city to city.

lvpets2002
09-17-2009, 04:13 PM
:love: That little girl was the Cutest.. Dad did a great hugg cover up job.. They had them on the Today Show this morning & gave the family jerseys & a keepsake ball.. I have watched it now 6 times.. Good to see such Loving moments..

Pam
09-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Our local paper had an article about them and it gave their address. Honestly, don't they think there has been enough papparrazzi (sp?) in their lives lately without giving out that info? :rolleyes: Actually, these folks live about a mile from me. I could walk there if I was feeling energetic. :p How cool is that?