PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Mama and babies pics & story**CUTENESS ALERT**new pics #18

freckledimple
09-15-2009, 10:32 PM
This thread needs a cuteness warning and should be moved into Cat general- everybody should see these black cuties:)

Sooo, here goes as requested;)

This may be a semi-long post, but I'll try to keep it as short as possible:) There will be A LOT of pictures to follow:D

An underweight pregnant queen showed up in our garage in June. We caught her, housed and fed her. She settled right in and ate everything in sight:eek: On June 23, Pretty Mama gave birth to 5 babies: Job(b), Runt(b), Rex(g), Uber(g), Piggy(g). Despite all of our best effots, Job went up to the Rainbow Bridge at 2 weeks old:( Runt opened his eyes a whole week before his sisters:cool: He's been a bundle of dynamite from day one. He had to make up for being the smallest and hairless:rolleyes:

freckledimple
09-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Around the time Job died, Pretty Mama developed mastitis:rolleyes: She didn't want to nurse the babies, so we took over. They all took to the bottle quite well:D After about a week, Pretty Mama was ready to take back over:cool: We continued to supplement everybody with KMR, but they soon only wanted mama:D Runt finally started to grow some hair, and ALL of the babies started getting their teeth:eek:

Runt is the little alien in the middle of it all:p

freckledimple
09-15-2009, 11:16 PM
All too soon, they were wobbling around their box, and learning how to use their legs and voices:)

Runt's the cute little stud-muffin up first;)

freckledimple
09-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Then one day, they all figured out how to tumble out of the box:) There was no stopping them after that:eek:

freckledimple
09-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Runt showcase:love::D:love:

freckledimple
09-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Piggy showcase:love::D:love:

freckledimple
09-15-2009, 11:58 PM
more kitten cuteness:love::cool::love::D:love:
All of the sisters looked after little Runt;)

freckledimple
09-16-2009, 12:13 AM
We REALLY wanted to keep all of them, but knew it wasn't feasible:( So, after much deliberation, we decided just to keep two. There was no way we were going to part with our little Runt, and Piggy made it clear she wanted to stay on as well. We took Pretty Mama, Rex, and Uber to our local shelter(it's a good one) so someone else can share in the joy we have experienced with our furry family:love::):love:

freckledimple
09-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Sorry, I just had to add a few more pics:D:D:D

katladyd
09-16-2009, 01:59 AM
I hope the others found good homes. I adopted a shelter cat this year, but so many are pts.:(

smokey the elder
09-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Such gratuitous black kitteh cuteness! Good job with them...they seem very well socialized!

Laura's Babies
09-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Ohhhhhh! A pile of blackies! I LOVE BLACKIES!!! The Mama looks exactly like my Samantha. They are all just so cute.

Like I always say, "If God made anyhing and sweetier than kittens, he kept it in Heaven!"

Barbara
09-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Thankyou for cheering me up.
I can see how they all needed their lovely collars because how can you tell them apart when they are out and about :D
I couldn't part from that Runt- he has the most adorable little face ever.

catmandu
09-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Awww!
So that what Ebony Beau Tubster:love:, Tubster Panther:love: and Tubby 2 Angel:love: looked like when they were starting out as Kittens , although its hard to imagine them ever being that tiny!
:love::love:
We are so sorry to hear about Job, we know you did the best than you could.
Jobs in the Eternal Baby Animal Angel Army now who cater the weekly Fly In Movie Parties for All The Animal Angels and thier Guardians.:love:
And we are praying the someone comes to your shelter and falls in love wirth those Three Elegant Ebonies!
Come what will they are in good hands and are far better off than being feral Cats.
You did a very good job.
And we love that Runt!!
:love::love::love:

lvpets2002
09-16-2009, 03:20 PM
:love: My My they are sure growing.. I have never seen a all black litter like that before.. Are you going to keep all of them?? They are such Cutie Pies..

catfamily
09-16-2009, 03:47 PM
i'm so happy i opened this thread up,because it made my day!!!
you guys are terrific cat people and i want to thank you for helping that poor mamma off the street to help her deliver her youngins.
and to bottle feed all of them while mamma was sick,makes you guys even more special.
i love black cats so much.every one i ever had wanted to be my special cat.they really seem to take to humans so much.
thank you again for all you did for these gorgeous cats.

cassiesmom
09-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Awwww, awwww, AWWWW! I hope Pretty Mama and her two girls are quickly adopted to loving, caring home/s!

freckledimple
10-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Well, it's been awhile since I've posted some pictures. We've been settling my grandparents' estate. Here are a few to tide ya'll over until I can take better ones:) Runt is sooo much bigger than Piggy now.:eek:

Barbara
10-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Is Runt the one with the blue collar? Can I steal him please ;)

happylabs
10-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Sooo cute! Loved all the pics. A real day brightener for me today. Brings back memories of when I had kittens at my house. Kittens really do liven things up don't they?!?

Pinot's Mom
10-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Awww, so nice to see Runt & Piggy doing well! Any word on the rest of the family?

momoffuzzyfaces
10-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Cuteness Alert INDEED!!! :D :love:

How adorable!!! I've never seen so many ebony kitties at one time. Even my Chester is grinning!!! :D

lvpets2002
10-06-2009, 04:12 PM
:love: Awee how so Adorable & am so glad all are doing well..

cassiesmom
10-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh my goodness, cuteness alert indeed! I hope I'm in line for a lot of good luck today because these beautiful kitties have crossed my path!

freckledimple
03-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Hi, all:) Looooong time no post. Clearing a house of over 50 years of aquisition takes awhile:eek: Through all the cleaning and packing, Runt and Piggy have continued to thrive and grow; especially Runt. If you want a bigger cat, always name them a small name:p Runt went in to get his pockets picked, but it became one pocket and a tummy tuck:( One of his testicles was recessed. He's still pouting:rolleyes: Piggy is staying petite; again with the name thing. Give them a big name and they usually stay small;)

Here are a few picture to catch ya'll up on their growth:D
mid-October Runt, Piggy, Lyle
early-November Piggy, Runt
mid-December Lyle, Runt, Piggy
Runt, Piggy
Piggy, Runt

Catty1
03-10-2010, 05:23 PM
LOVE those pictures! Lyle looks so happy to be a big brother...he is a huge handsome hunk of tabby cat!

I may have missed this - but what became of the mama cat?

Thanks for sharing...they are gorgeous and thriving!:)

freckledimple
03-10-2010, 05:43 PM
More pics:D

January Runt, River
Late January Piggy
Late December Lyle, Piggy, Moe
Runt, Piggy
Early March Moe, Runt

freckledimple
03-10-2010, 06:03 PM
LOVE those pictures! Lyle looks so happy to be a big brother...he is a huge handsome hunk of tabby cat!

I may have missed this - but what became of the mama cat?

Thanks for sharing...they are gorgeous and thriving!:)

Lyle ADORES being a big brother:love::love::love: He takes care of his babies;)

...and you didn't miss anything. We surrendered Pretty Mama, Rex and Uber to our local shelter, and they were adopted through an affilliated shelter out of town. We wished we could have kept them, but it wasn't meant to be:(

Catty1
03-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Hey, they got a good home. That's all that matters. Too bad you can't swap pics with the new owners!:D

smokey the elder
03-11-2010, 07:07 AM
:DThe kitties have taken cat-piling lessons from the Found Cats!

katladyd
03-11-2010, 12:14 PM
:DThe kitties have taken cat-piling lessons from the Found Cats!

That's exactly what I was thinking! :D
All these kitties are so pretty, thanks for the pics!

CultureJunky
03-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Runt is just the cutest little thing ever! I so would've kept him too, what a little star!:love: