PDA

View Full Version : Asking for PT thoughts and prayers, please. UPDATE #15, 09/17/09

LionHart
09-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Spunk-a-man is a beautiful old feral cat that we have had the pleasure of knowing, loving and feeding for several years. He's one of the really smart ones who's able to avoid trapping. He's never really trusted people enough for us to be able to pick him up, but he comes on a regular basis and talks and talks and talks....loudly!

Spunk-a-man is not well. Earlier in the week we were able to sneak some meds in canned food and he seemed to do some better. He is in trouble tonight. He's not eating. We've tried everything we know to feed him but nothing seems to be what he wants. He's thin, his bottom is a mess.... Please pray for God's grace for Spunk-a-man and that he will let us take him to the vet tomorrow.

We love you Spunk-a-man.

Karen
09-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Poor old dude. I hope you are able to catch and vet him. He'll be in our prayers.

allmycats
09-15-2009, 08:08 PM
wishing you and spunk a man the best. how are you going to catch him? do you have one of those traps, the (humane) , spring -tripped kind?

cassiesmom
09-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Spunk ... please ... let a loving hoomin care for you, okay? Paws and fingers crossed.

jennielynn1970
09-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Awe... poor old guy!! I'll be sending tons of thoughts and prayers to your Spunk a Munk dude that he gets to the vet and gets some "feeling better" meds too.

Feel better soon, Mr. Spunk!

freckledimple
09-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Prayers and purrs for Spunk-a-man:love: We have an old(13yrs) orange and white tom named Scooter, who sounds like Spunk. They may not let us pet them, but they wormed their way into our hearts:)

Laura's Babies
09-15-2009, 09:17 PM
He is such a handsome boy!! Prayers for him and good vibes coming his way in the hopes that he can get over this.

katladyd
09-15-2009, 10:18 PM
C'mon Spunk, these are good people and you can trust them! Let them take you to the vet so you can get well. They mean you no harm, really!:love:

ChrisH
09-16-2009, 04:24 AM
Prayers on the way.

Anikaca77
09-16-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm praying hard that you were able to get him to take him to the vets. They can be so tricky when it comes to the trap. We have a feral guy or at least we assume it's a boy and I feed him daily now again, he goes away in the summer time and then comes back when it gets cold and can't find food I guess.

Good luck with your boy and I hope everything works out well.

Prays,
Melissa

catmandu
09-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Porr Old Spunk-a-man.:love:
We hope that you can get him to come in, and have a soft place to sleep , and dishes full of food for him to eat.:love:
He reminds me of My Gray Old Cat Smokey who I adopted at 17, and it was assumed that he was at deaths door.:(
But he suprised us and lived with us nearly 6 years.:love:
He was so graeteful for the smallest favor and just loved lying on cshion, nice soft cushions.:)
We are praying that Spunk-a-man:cool: will come in too and let you spoil him in his remaining years.:love:

phesina
09-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Prayers and a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9182729) for dear Spunk-a-man!

lvpets2002
09-16-2009, 03:11 PM
:(:love: Poor Old Spunk-a-man.. Come on let the homans help you get well so you can eat again & be healthy.. Please trust them.. Prayers being sent..

Pinot's Mom
09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Were you able to get Spunk to the vet today? Paws crossed and prayers from MD.

LionHart
09-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and kind words. Spunk-a-man is resting in peace now...:( :love:

It was strange....yesterday morning when we went to get him he was acting as if he wanted to go, like he was pleading with us to put him out of his misery. He didn't fight it. He let us put a towel on him and pick him up. Once in the carrier he just sat down, didn't say a word. It was like he knew where he was going and why and thankful for it.

The vet said he was very weak, very thin and it was the best thing to be done. Just by looking at him the vet felt he was positive for FeLV.

Again, thank you for your kind words.:love:

He seemed to be at peace even before he got to the vets. :love:

phesina
09-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Ohh... that is so beautiful and touching. I am so glad to read this, so relieved to know there is such goodness in the world.

God bless you for caring for him and making his last moments peaceful, and God be with you and keep you, Spunk-a-man.

Rest in peace, dearest beloved boy.

katladyd
09-17-2009, 10:53 PM
RIP Baby Spunk-A-Man. You will be missed.:(

Pinot's Mom
09-18-2009, 07:36 AM
Godspeed to the Bridge, dear Spunk, rest softly and peacefully.

Thank you for taking care of him when he needed it most.:love:

Laura's Babies
09-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Awe! Such a handsome boy, I am sad to hear he is no longer with us but it sounds like he was ready to go. God Bless you for caring and helping him have a peaceful and loving crossing.

pomtzu
09-18-2009, 10:08 AM
RIP Spunk.

Be afraid no more.....:love:

LionHart
09-19-2009, 09:36 PM
As I look back, in the end I guess Spunk a Man did trust us. That's a comfort. Again, thank you all. :love:

mrspunkysmom
09-19-2009, 10:51 PM
So sorry to hear about Spunk a man and bless you for helping him cross. The critters seem to know we want to help them.

momcat
09-20-2009, 03:43 PM
This is indeed very sad news. Spunk was a beautiful kitty. Thank you and bless you for all you did to help this kitty in need. Because of you, Spunk knew love in his final days.

RIP and play hard at the bridge, Spunk :love: :love: :love: :love: