PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

witchiewoman
10-04-2002, 04:16 PM
Hi,
I am new here and I wanted to introduce myself and my babies. I have an African Gray (congo) her name is Bonnie, a Ring Neck (Sammy), 2 keets named Sky & Blue, and 2 Kats Ozzy, my big guy, and Eclipse my petite black Kat. We live in Rhode Island, and our home sounds like a very happy Jungle! LOL
They all get along very well, and they are always near me when I am home, the Gray follows me all around the way a puppy would, we are all very close.
I work a lot of hours, I do tech support at a local ISP. and when I get home, the kats are at the door to greet me, and the birds all say hello and blow kisses to me, what a feeling.
Well, that is it. I really just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you know a little about me and my babies! The name Witchiewoman is because I am Pagan (in case you were wondering)
Blessed Be
)0(

felinefriend
10-04-2002, 09:47 PM
Hello and Welcome to a Fun (and addictive) Pet Chat corner that I can't get enough of! I've only been posting a couple months but feel like I've "met" so many wonderful animal babies, and their loving families, and many other people who share the same deep love and respect for all precious Beings as I do! Your "Jungle" sounds very happy indeed, and I'm glad you have these children to comfort you. It's also great your birds and cats can live together harmonously--wow! Wonder how my 3 kitties would do with some feathered friends... Just wanted to say Welcome, from FelineFriend (p.s.--I'm not Pagan, I'm Christian, but I know we do share one thing, the love for the Creation of our wonderful "Babies," and the knowledge that the world is a much more Loving place because of them!) :)

Vermontcat
10-04-2002, 10:21 PM
It's nice to see you over here on the cat board! I know a little about your birds already and I'd love to hear more about your cats. How old are your cats? Do they interact well with your birds even though they are outnumbered by them? Which of your pets is the bossiest with the others? My guess is maybe Bonnie or Ozzie? I noticed one of your birds has the same name as my cat.:)

kohala
10-05-2002, 04:00 PM
Greetings to you and your blessed beings from sunny San Diego! I am the proud apprentice to Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat along with my soulmate, Dadcat. True devotees of the wisdom other beings on this planet have to give. His preference is equine beings, which I hope to share when I get to a place where I can know some. Hope to see your cats pictures soon!

witchiewoman
10-07-2002, 05:59 AM
Good Morning Felinefriend, Vermontcat and Kohala,
Ozzie is 7 and Eclipse is 3, I was feeding a stray cat who became pregnant, well, when she had the babies she disappeared for a while. One day we were supposed to be getting a big storm, and for some reason I had to leave work and go home, i had no idea why, something was calling me. 15 minutes after I got in the house I heard a very loud bang on my front door, here was the stray with a teeny tiny kitten in her mouth, she took me all 6 of her babies, the eyes were not even open, so i took them all in and helped her care for them, Ozzy was so good with all this, he sat as close as the mom with allow him. I kept the black kitten, and found good homes for the others, including the mom! Ozzy came from a rescue league, he kept pulling my hair, and crying in my face, so he NEEDED to come home with me. been my best friend from day one!
Bonnie is the boss, she is the Gray, I have had her 18 years, she rules the house for sure. Sammy is a Ringneck, my X boyfriend gave her to me telling me how eveil she was, no, she was full of fear. I took her home and have been working with her since March, I feel someone treated her badly, so i took her and she will stay with me for the rest of her life. she now (finally) loves to be pet, and she is starting to talk, Bonie taught her how to say hello, and love you so far, and the both meow like their cats, of course! I am quite proud of winning her over, she was so scitzie and so afraid, her little heart, I could actually hear it click, and see it beating so fast. I also could see total fear in her eyes. I felt so bad for her, she is now so relaxed, better for her health to feel comfortable.
Kohala, please forgive me, but I have never heard of Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat, could you tell me something about this please?
Sorry this is so long, I wanted to make sure to answer your questions, and i do LOVE to talk about my babies (as we all do) LOL
Blessed Be
)0(

kohala
10-07-2002, 11:27 PM
Here is the link to Grasshopper's day of glory! http://catoftheday.com/archive/2002/August/14.html

She is Grasshopper because she is, Shadowcat because she does that, and Magicat because she heals! ;)

Nothing mystical, other than being my beloved Tuxedo cat, which is mystical in itself!

witchiewoman
10-08-2002, 06:54 AM
16 Years Old??? My stars, that is such a beautiful kitty, and Grasshopper does not look anywhere near 16. She really is adorable, and yes Mystical also, all animals are mystical and magickal!
Is she playfull? Have you had her 16 years?
Thank you for sharing her with me, and please give Grasshopper a kiss for me and tell her I said Congratulations! :) :) :)
I have no pics that i can post on the PC, but i will be getting some very soon, then you can see my babies also.
I love all of the babies I have seen on here.
Blessed Be
)0(

wolflady
10-08-2002, 12:25 PM
Welcome welcome witchiewoman!! You have entered the realm of the most addictive site on the web! No doubt you will enjoy it and will meet so many wonderful pets and their people here! I got so addicted, that I got in trouble at work for being on :eek: ! LOL LOL
Your family of pets sounds wonderful and so do you! :D Welcome and enjoy!
**hugs**

yumyum6970
10-08-2002, 12:48 PM
Welcome to pettalk...you must take some pics of your kitties and let us see them ! : )

NoahsMommy
10-08-2002, 01:16 PM
Welcome! All of your sweeties sound wonderful! Do the cats and birds get along OK?

jenluckenbach
10-08-2002, 01:42 PM
Welcome witchiewoman
my cats and mice and of course me too, give you a hearty welcome. Yes, how do the cats and birds get along?
Can't wait to see pictures.

witchiewoman
10-08-2002, 01:55 PM
Hi wolfladyYumyum6970 and Noahsmommy,
All of you make me feel so welcome, thank you so much!
Being animal people we are different, i notice it all the time, we are warmer and friendlier. Well, that is my opinion! LOL
The kitties and birds get along very well, Bonnie is the boss of all, she is the oldest (i have had her 15 years) aprox. She is my shadow!
I had her when I was married, i also had a Gulf coastal box turtle, yorkie, wolf/shepard, cat and rabbit, and they were a trip to watch at play time, I had so much fun just wtching them jumping and having a good time, and we all used to go in the front yard and play also, they all loved it. Bonnie used to sit on the turtle's shell and Wildflower would not care, just walk around in the yard. Great memories!

shais_mom
10-08-2002, 01:58 PM
Welcome! To the Best site on the net!!

witchiewoman
10-08-2002, 03:15 PM
Thank you and I totally agree!!! I love this place so much, we all have such a big thing in common!!!
I will be around here all the time!
Blessed Be
)0(

witchiewoman
10-08-2002, 03:29 PM
jenluckenbach,
I am so sorry, I didnt see your post! You have cats AND mice? Wow, what a combination, do they get along well? Your cats must always be licking their little lips, and clicking their teeth LOL, must be so cute, do you ever let the mice run around in the ball they have for a hamster? Cats would LOVE that!
What colour are the mice, and what are the names?
Blessed Be
)0(

krazyaboutkatz
10-09-2002, 12:15 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk witchiewoman. I've also become addicted to this place. I have 3 male cats which you can see in my signature and avatar. I can't wait to see pictures of your cats. :)

Miss Meow
10-09-2002, 01:40 AM
Hi Witchiewoman and welcome! Your cats sound wonderful; it's great to be met at home by a purring tribe, isn't it? Look forward to seeing pics of your cats.

witchiewoman
10-09-2002, 06:07 AM
Good Morning!
It is so nice coming to work in the morning and seeing all of your replys, and welcomes!
This is the season to close the windows, and the cats really don't like it. They sit in them all day on and off, and they love to feel the air. I take them on the porch with me daily now that they get nothing from the windows! I take them out every full moon, and in the snow, and rain. We sit, and they really listen and stay with me, they know from experience if the leave the porch, in the house they go! As soon as I plug in the electric blanket they go under the covers, when i get in bed they cuddle close to me, I can't even imagine life without them, empty, cold and so lonely! I live alone so they are my world, and I am theirs.
When my daughters come over they run and hide from my grandsons, they come out much later but only to see what they are doing, then they go back in my room!
Blessed Be
)0(

Felicia's Mom
10-13-2002, 09:35 PM
Hi and welcome to Pet Talk.:) I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

witchiewoman
10-14-2002, 06:49 AM
Felicia's Mom
Good Morning, Thank you, I am enjoying this site very much.

10-14-2002, 06:59 AM
to Witchiewoman :

http://digilander.libero.it/meowmeowmeow/welcome_cat.gif

Uabassoon
10-14-2002, 07:19 AM
Hiya Witchiewoman! Welcome to pet talk. I have two cats, Tibby and Corkscrew and joint custody of a dog (she's doesn't live with me but I still visit her and take her to the park). There's a picture of each of my kitties in my signature.

witchiewoman
10-14-2002, 10:11 AM
Hello Lut , Uabassoon,
Your kit Kats are beautiful, i love cats! I m so happy I found this site! Everon is so friendly and nice to me! I also love checking out all your babies. I have pics on the way, I will try to post them sometime next week, that is when i will get them.
BB
)0(