PDA

View Full Version : Jay Leno

Grace
09-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Did anyone watch his new show last night - the entire hour?

I tried, I really tried. About the 20-25 minute mark, my eyes started to glaze over.

happylabs
09-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Yes. I watched about the same amount as you did. It just wasn't the same for some reason. I like Jerry Seinfeld, wasn't interested in seeing Kanye West at all. :rolleyes:

CountryWolf07
09-15-2009, 06:27 PM
I watched it... thought it was funny. I just have always liked Jay Leno. :)

Cinder & Smoke
09-15-2009, 06:54 PM
I tried, I really tried.

About the 20-25 minute mark, my eyes started to glaze over.

>deep sigh< :rolleyes:

WAAAAAY too much Leno; not nearly enough of anything else! :(
It was BAD.

I had to *click* over to a Star Trek antique at about 10:40 when
what's-his-name came on ...
I returned at about 10:54 and he was ALL *gone*. :p

But Leno returned, too - with some rather weak "Headlines" ...
I really can't believe they've been hyping that show? for a year.

Threre's alway PBS or walkin the Mutts. ;)

cassiesmom
09-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Chicago Tribune TV critic Maureen Ryan described it as "inoffensively average" and "middle of the road" and Leno as "vanilla". I hope it works out for Jay.

lizbud
09-15-2009, 07:13 PM
I've never been a Leno fan. I stick with Letterman, he always makes me
laugh.:) He was funny as a weatherman on a local tv station & still funny
(to me) on his NY show.:)

smokey the elder
09-16-2009, 12:01 PM
It's just a dodge by the network to cheap out by not putting a scripted show there, IMO. *Sigh* and they wonder why cable is eating their lunch.

Freckles
09-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Leno works perfectly for me. I don't watch it.
I'm looking forward to all the "new season" shows starting the next couple of weeks. Much easier to plan and record the important ones. :)

Marigold2
09-16-2009, 09:23 PM
I only watched the part with Jerry, after that it did not hold any interest for me.

Grace
09-16-2009, 09:41 PM
I haven't watched it since Monday - mainly because there has been baseball on both nights :)

I may give it a try again - in November, after the World Series :D

But, really, is this show going to make it 5 nights a week - in prime time?
Seems simply too repetitive for me.

Pam
09-17-2009, 06:32 AM
I haven't watched it since Monday - mainly because there has been baseball on both nights :)

Lucky for me, Grace, the Phillies have been finishing up right around 10:00, but you'd better believe that if we went to extra innings I would not be tuning in Jay. :p

I watched for a half hour on Monday and a half hour last night basically because I didn't care to see the second half of his guests (Kanye West on Monday and Miley Cyrus last night). It is the same show to me as The Tonight Show was with a little different set. I always liked to watch him but could never stay awake. I am looking forward to seeing Jay more often but, again, how long I watch depends on who is on. :)

Grace
01-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Poor Jay and poor Conan. Wonder what will happen after the Olympics?

NBC on Sunday confirmed that its experiment in running a five nights per week talk show in primetime will end next month. The final episode of “The Jay Leno Show” will be Thursday, February 11th, before NBC begins its coverage of the Winter Olympics on February 12th.

Still to be determined is what the NBC lineup will look like after the Olympics. Leno has apparently agreed to go back to his old start time of 11:35 pm ET/PT, following late local news. If NBC programmers get their wishes, the new late night Leno show will be a half hour, followed by Conan O’Brien at five minutes past midnight. However, as noted by RBR-TVBR, contracts come into play and O’Brien apparently has the right to walk rather than accept the rescheduling. NBC Universal Television Entertainment Chairman Jeff Gaspin told critics in Los Angeles Sunday that talks with O’Brien were ongoing. The word on the street is that he’d already been talking to Fox about jumping there to do a late night show.

The rest of the NBC late night lineup would have Jimmy Fallon following O’Brien at 1:05 am. That would leave Carson Daly without his current slot at 1:35 am, but Gaspin insisted that Daly would stay with NBC in some capacity. Of course, if O’Brien jumps ship, it would likely be a Leno-Fallon-Daly lineup.

Entire article (http://www.rbr.com/tv-cable/19859.html)

Catty1
01-10-2010, 04:56 PM
The network is yanking his 10 pm show. No confirmation on what happens next...

Grace
01-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Jeff Gaspin, Chairman, NBC Universal Television Entertainment, said the network was going “back to basics” and would fill the 10 p.m. hour with new dramas — including a new version of “Law & Order” set in LA.

blue
01-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Jeff Gaspin, Chairman, NBC Universal Television Entertainment, said the network was going “back to basics” and would fill the 10 p.m. hour with new dramas — including a new version of “Law & Order” set in LA.

If I had a TV that would be good news.

smokey the elder
01-11-2010, 10:38 AM
It would be nice if NBC could come up with something other than Law and Order spinoffs.

RICHARD
01-11-2010, 12:21 PM
NBC announced that they are hiring James Cameron to do a live action 3D, Imax show with Johnny Carson and Ed Mcmahon to replace JL.

THey will star as dead humans who go to earth and try to save the planet from Law and Order spinoffs in prime time.

The name of the new series is called Dead Air!;)

RICHARD
01-13-2010, 09:49 AM
When Johnny left the Tonight Show ended.

I heard about all the complaining that these two 'jokers' are doing, I hope they are employed for a good while, I'd hate to see them have to file to get unemployment.

Half the country is hurting and we have to pay attention to an effing sissy complain about what time his shift/show starts? AND HE DOESN"T EVEN DO THE SHOW LIVE!!!

Pay me 40 milion dollars to leave and I'll kiss your rear everyday, for a month.

The check has to clear, first!;)

lvpets2002
01-13-2010, 11:14 AM
:p Amen & I could not have said it better.. Thanks Richard..
When Johnny left the Tonight Show ended.

I heard about all the complaining that these two 'jokers' are doing, I hope they are employed for a good while, I'd hate to see them have to file to get unemployment.

Half the country is hurting and we have to pay attention to an effing sissy complain about what time his shift/show starts? AND HE DOESN"T EVEN DO THE SHOW LIVE!!!

Pay me 40 milion dollars to leave and I'll kiss your rear everyday, for a month.

The check has to clear, first!;)

RICHARD
01-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Conehead O'brien will not participate in the 'destruction of the Tonight Show'?

That horse is long dead, no need to whip it anymore. The TS died when Carson left.

Now Conehead stands to make 40 million dollars for the rest of his contract.

But NBC may insist that he stay off TV for 4 years in order to get the money.

So, CO makes 40 million, he shuts down the show and everyones goes on unemployment.

He scores the big money and goes on vacation.

I wish life was that easy.

caseysmom
01-15-2010, 01:59 AM
I am so sick of Conan's whining....could never stand his show anyway...go away already...

redbird
01-16-2010, 01:49 PM

I love Jay and altho his 10pm show is not that great, I still watch his monologue. I am hoping he will again be hosting The Tonight Show cuz I miss him at that time, I watched loyally every night. NBC made a huge mistake moving his time slot, they are now paying royally for that mistake.

redbird
01-16-2010, 01:58 PM

I've never been a Leno fan. I stick with Letterman, he always makes me
laugh.:) He was funny as a weatherman on a local tv station & still funny
(to me) on his NY show.:)

I never liked Letterman, he is a pig and sourpuss. Seems like he's going senile too. He really needs to retire and make room for something new and fresh, he is really starting to smell.:D

caseysmom
01-16-2010, 02:01 PM
I like Jay the best of any of them, I really liked the time slot I don't stay up late enough on work nights for the other times. Besides there was usually nothong else on.

redbird
01-16-2010, 02:07 PM
I like Jay the best of any of them, I really liked the time slot I don't stay up late enough on work nights for the other times. Besides there was usually nothong else on.

I am retired so was always able to watch The Tonight Show and have missed Jay since he was moved. Hope to get him back soon.