PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of My Wonderful Grandmother who passed away on July 3, 2009

Anikaca77
09-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi Everyone-

I hope everyone had a Great Weekend! My Grandmother Patricia Barta passed away on July 3, 2009 from Alzheimer's disease. I wanted to tell everyone sooner about this but it's been very hard to deal with. Her husband is still alive and he's doing as well as can be expected.

It's very hard for my mom right now and with the holidays I think it's only going to get tougher.

So I decided to do something in Memory of my Grandmother who was a very special lady and very sweet and kind.

This is the first year I'm going to participate in a Walk to End Alzheimer's disease. I'm walking on Oct. 3, 2009 at the Spikes Stadium at University Park, PA!

Below is a link to my webpage. All DONATIONS are TAX Deductable!

Please SUPPORT ME as I walk to END ALZHEIMER'S! I know things are tight and even if you just want to say a pray for my Grandfather I'd appreciate it :)

http://memorywalk09.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=298623&supid=256622258

Here is a poem my Grandmother wrote, I typed this poem and put a picture of my Grandmother in a frame and we had it displayed at the funeral home and it was very touching to have it there and also very hard to read at the same time.

Grandma has gone to the other side
Where peace and harmony abide
No-one can miss her more than I
You see she was my helpful guide
I think of all those many things
As I hear those church bells ring
I’ll miss her dearly but I know for sure
She’ll be there to greet me on the other side
There beside her God will be standing
Oh the joy of knowing I’ll see that landing
Accepting God while you’re here on earth
Will give us a place in heavens birth
I pray God will forgive my fallings
As I want to be ready when he comes calling
Accepting God is a must
Eternal life is God’s gift to us

By Patricia Ann Barta
(Patricia wrote this when Grandma Walter died)

I've also attached a picture of my Grandmother with my Mom back in 08. My Grandmother looks so happy here and so does my Mom. Everyone on here is like family to me and I just want to thank you for all the times you have been there for me when I needed someone.

Thank you again for your time & support,
Melissa

Anikaca77
09-16-2009, 11:58 AM
I was thinking of going to door to door asking for donations and I checked into the rules around town here and you have to get a license in order to go around asking for donations.

I had no idea about this.

It's $25 and it will take about 3 days - 1 week to process. I supposed I should of looked into this a lot sooner but my Gram didn't pass away until July 3rd and I was looking into the walk before then but when she passed I felt urged to do it.

I'm not sure if I will do this or not because I'm not sure how many people would be willing to do this I may need to come up with something else.

Melissa

happylabs
09-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Sorry for your loss. What a wonderful poem she wrote.

phesina
09-16-2009, 03:11 PM
My deepest sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your beloved Grandmother. May she rest in peace.

Anikaca77
09-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Thank you,
Melissa

My deepest sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your beloved Grandmother. May she rest in peace.

moosmom
09-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Melissa,

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, honey. You've got my number if you want to talk.

:love::love:

Donna and fur crew