PDA

View Full Version : Fister has a vet appointment tomorrow - Sep 16th - He's back home!

Randi
09-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Fister is going for his yearly check-up tomorrow at 2pm - actually, it has been more than a year since last time. The vet will check his heart and do bloodwork... for Urea (kidney), Glucose (sugar) and Alt (liver). Also, he will hopefully be allowed to check if his teeth needs cleaning, and he may take a test for something else, which I can't remember the name of (R4 or N4 perhaps?). When I booked his appointment, I asked if there was anything else he should be checked for, and this test was mentioned, which is for older cats. Fister turned 13 in May.

I will wheel him over there in a pram (see below!), we will go through the churchyard and say hi to John on the way. I hope he will enjoy the trip - the weather should be good.

Fister and I will appreciate some positive thoughts that all is well. :)

Thank you!

Pinot's Mom
09-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Good luck, Fister! Love your mode of transport!! :D

Barbara
09-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Sending best thoughts for Fister- but he'll be ok and I'm sure he wants to meet John. Probably talks to him more often than all of us can do.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Be a good boy Fister. An extra prayer on the way from me, just in case. :love:

I wonder if it's the T 4 levels your vet wants to check. That's for thyroid. :love:

ChrisH
09-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Good and positive thoughts plus http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/8a63548a.gif that all is well with your gorgeous boy.

Cinder & Smoke
09-15-2009, 03:10 PM
[punch 2 fur da KAT Division]
{2}

Hi God ~

Nuffin major ... jest a request fur You to hop onna Fister-mobile
tumorrow and ride over wiff him to da White Coat Lab.

Kinda *hang onto* his paw whilst he's gettin the look-over ...
there's prolly gonna bee sum :eek: needle-jabbin involved ...
and You know how well we all like dat!

Check over Fister's report - pleeze make sure they do it rite.

Dad asks that You say "HI" to Jonza when You all pass by his spot.
Tell him we sure do *miss* him! :(

THANKS God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

phesina
09-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Prayers and a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9176125) for Fister, that all goes well for him with the vet visit. These yearly checkups are the way to keep him healthy for years to come!

What a nice way for Fister to travel, in style in his limousine! And stopping by to say hi to John will be an extra-nice part of the trip.

I see the little cat figurine is still on his grave (if that is a current picture). That's really great to see.. I seem to recall you telling us a while back that someone stole the one that was there before.

Randi
09-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Thank you everyone! :love:

Moff, it probably is the T4 levels that will be checked, I just could not remember the name.

Yes Phred, there will be a little needle-jabbin involved, but luckily Fister doesn't seem to mind that, if all goes as usual, he will have his front paw shaved and the needle go in there.

We promise to say hi to John from you, and I will try to remember to bring my camera and shoot a little video clip.

The picture I attached is from a few years ago, so the kitty you see there, is the one that was stolen. :(

Now, Fister is waiting for me to come to bed so we can read a bit before we sleep. I will give him some kisses from you all. :love:

tatsxxx11
09-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Love and best wishes to precious Fister for a clean bill of health!:love: Randi, when you stop to visit with John please pat his stone for me and tell him I said hi; I think of him so often.:love: (((HUGS)))

catmandu
09-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Thats a very good thing for an Older Cat like Fister to keep up with thier Vet, as they can see problemsthat we cant see!
:love:
My Senior Cats go in every six months.:D
We are praying that Fister gets a clean bill of heath,
hes an Owesome Orangie!!!!
:love::love::love:

cassiesmom
09-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Huge purr-ayers for Fister :love:

Moesha
09-15-2009, 07:06 PM
We'll sure be hoping for a good report from Fister's vet checkup. Hugs to that beautiful orange boy from me please!

momcat
09-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey Fister, Prayers and positive thoughts are going out just for you :love:

katladyd
09-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Here's a good thought for Fister!:) I know everything will be fine!:love:

slick
09-16-2009, 01:13 AM
More prayers from Auntie Slick to dear Fister!! Be a good good boy now!!! :love::love:

Anikaca77
09-16-2009, 09:45 AM
I hope everything goes well at the vet appt. today!

Be a good boy Fister today :)

Randi
09-16-2009, 10:25 AM
First a few pictures of Fister from this morning enjoying his sunny window. Still no clue he is going for a vet visit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister%20in%20window/F-in-window3sep09.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister%20in%20window/F-in-window2sep09.jpg

Randi
09-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Now his vet visit.... the morning routine was as usual, then I got his box from the cellar, put it on the floor in the kitchen, got the pram up, had my lunch and tried to relax. Who was sleeping under the bed? Yes Fister! So I opened a can of wet food - and he came out! I managed to close the door in the kitchen and he jumped up to look out the window. I put his food in front of him, but he was getting a little suspicious, due to the closed door. Anyway, I managed to grab him and put him in the box.

So off we went! We decided to go through the churchyard and say hello to John on the way. We also saw two squirrels there. A nice and peaceful trip. Fister didn’t complain at all. :)

Here’s a few video clips from our trip, and a picture of the vet office - new vet assistant.

Saying hi to John
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister%20vet%20visit/th_P9160005.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister%20vet%20visit/?action=view&current=P9160005.flv)

Almost there
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister%20vet%20visit/th_P9160008.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister%20vet%20visit/?action=view&current=P9160008.flv)

Vet office
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister%20vet%20visit/Vet-visit-sep09.jpg

On the way back - my friend Caroline came along
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister%20vet%20visit/th_P9160010.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister%20vet%20visit/?action=view&current=P9160010.flv)

Fister was such a good boy at the vet, even though he had to wait for 15 min. and a dog came in. :eek: He got a vaccination, and the vet checked his heart, eyes, ears and teeth. Luckily he didn’t have to have his teeth cleaned, although the vet did scrape off a bit of tartar. He was also weighed and had bloodwork done, and all the numbers were fine. :) He has even put on a bit of weight - he now weighs 6,76 kg. The vet didn’t find it neccesary to do the T4 test, due to his good numbers. :)

Being back home, he had a good wash, then a good cuddle session, some treats and now he is sleeping close to my pillow.

So all in all a very good vet visit. :D

orangemm
09-16-2009, 10:30 AM
It's probably better that Fister doesn't know where he's going!;)

What a great way to ride to the vet!! I wish I could do that with my boys; there might not be as much fussing and howling when we go.:rolleyes:

Let us know how dear Fister makes out...keeping fingers crossed for your boy!:love:

ETA:

Congratulations Fister!! Good job!!

Prairie Purrs
09-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Hooray for Fister's good health news! :D I love his window seat.

krazyaboutkatz
09-16-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Fister's vet check up went well and that he didn't need to have his teeth cleaned.:)

Cinder & Smoke
09-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Wow! :)

THANKS, God, for the GREAT Fister check-up!!

Sounds like the Lad's good for another 10,000 miles!

Shrimps for All! ;)

Barbara
09-16-2009, 01:53 PM
How wonderful that Fister is so fine :) And that it worked out well.
Like Phred said- hope he goes even 100.000 miles.

Anikaca77
09-16-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm glad his visit went well. That's great you are able to walk to the vets.

If I attempted that it would probably take me at least a few hours or so.

Melissa

phesina
09-16-2009, 02:51 PM
That's wonderful news! Well done, Fister!

He was SO GOOD on the trips to and from the vet's. Not a peep out of him in any of the movies.

lizbud
09-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Great news on Fister's checkup.:) He looks so handsome sitting in
his spot on the window ledge.:) Good job on your Vet visit Fister.:)

Moesha
09-16-2009, 04:51 PM
I am so glad his vet visit went well!!

cassiesmom
09-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Oh, Fister! How dear you are in the window! Perhaps your mom would give you a hug and kiss from me :love:, because I am very glad your doctor visit went well!

Elyse

slick
09-16-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm so glad that dear Fister had a wonderful vet checkup and that he was a good boy. I loved the videos but got LES when he was saying hi to John.

Edwina's Secretary
09-16-2009, 09:10 PM
I do believe Mr. Fister has the most elegant transport of any feline in Denmark!

Killearn Kitties
09-17-2009, 03:33 AM
Well done Fister! I'm glad that you are such a healthy boy. :love:

orangemm
09-17-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm amazed that we didn't hear yowls of protest, meowing or piteous cries!:eek::eek:!

Fister is a first class traveler!

Randi
09-17-2009, 08:31 AM
I have given Fister the hugs and kisses from you - he enjoyed them and says thank you! :love:

Yes, it's amazing how well he travels in that pram. Years ago when we took him by car, he was yowling most of the way. It might have to do with the quiet surroundings (more than half the way was through the churchyard), and me being so calm about it ;) We stopped a few times so he could watch the squirrels.

I'm just so happy that he's in good health! :) :D :cool:

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Well done, Fister :love: !!!

I love that picture of Fister looking out the window!!
Thanks for the movies, Randi!! What a super idea to make those!! I also love the "cat-taxi" you made for him!! I bet he was looking around all the time, seeing new things everywhere!!
I am sure that John enjoyed Fister's visit too!!!
I am so happy that he got a clean state of health:):love::)
Please give him a hug from me & Bernard!

Randi
09-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Please give him a hug from me & Bernard!
Thank you - I will!

Lut, have you managed to get the pictures sorted? I would love to see them. The ones you sent were only 5-6 cm.

gini
09-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Randi, I am just now seeing this as my internet was down most of yesterday.

What great news for Mr. Fister. I am so glad. I love his pram and that he got to visit with Jonza a bit too.

It is so good to read happy and healthy news about Fister - bless his heart.

:love::love:

katladyd
09-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Life is so good when our babies get a clean bill of health from the vet! Keep it up, Fister! You are a beautiful specimen of handsome orangeness!

Vio&Juni
09-20-2009, 02:58 AM
What a good boy Fister is. I am glad his tests are all ok.

As Phred said: Shrimps to all! :)

catmandu
09-20-2009, 03:04 PM
:love::love:
Michael Aka The Dream Cat sends his Con Cat Ulations to his Fellow Senior Owesome Orange Fister.
Mr Purr :) has had some Vet Visits as well and like Fister is doing well.
Lets pray that Both Our Orange Men have a lot more time to be Our Friends.
:cool::cool:

momcat
09-20-2009, 03:35 PM
This is wonderful news!!! I'm so happy to know that Fister is in such excellent health and pray it will continue for many years to come. He does travel in style too in his very own pram.

Sending lots of scritchies and lovies to sweet Fister :love: :love: :love: