PDA

View Full Version : I am hearing voices in my head.

RICHARD
09-14-2009, 11:52 PM
It's really strange, for the last hour I am hearing voices and music in my head.

It's really muffled and I cannot tell what the voices are saying or what the music playing is.

I had two drinks earlier and am not drunk or anything like that. The people next door and across the street play music all the time, but it's not them.
I was really confused by the sounds and am wondering if I need to call a professional to help me.

-----------------------------------

I am sitting here switching back and forth between the football game and baseball. At first, I thought is was the stereo/surround sound on the tube but when I turn the volume down the music is still playing and interspersed in the noise is a man talking low and fast.

I haven't had any blows to the head lately and no demons have visited nor asked me to do anything out of the norm-as if I would follow the instructions
from a evil minion?:confused:

I have walked around the house and cannot figure out where this infernal sound is coming from.

I got up from the couch and turned off the TV. I do have a small AM/FM clock radio that I use for talk radio and sports-but that is not it.

After three spins in the middle of the room I think I can track down where the sound is coming from......

The Curio Cabinet!!!!

I walk over to it and I can make out music!!!!!!!!!!

It's my AM/FM 'walkman' that I keep on top of the dang thing...

The curio cabinet in the room is a repository for my radio, my pedometer and a little money.

LOLOLOLOL,
I keep stuff up there-it's a handy hiding spot-so when I need to go for my walks I just reach up, grab my radio, pedometer and a few bucks, should I need to pick something up from the store.

The radio is a cheapie that has the buttons on the face of the unit. It also has a little 'lock out' button that you can toggle to keep the radio from changing station, volume and turning on and off.

I usually flip the button to keep it from being turned on accidentally. While I was prepping for tomorrow I must have accidentally turned the radio!

Oh man,
I sat here for an hour trying to figure out if I am crazy, hearing things or too tired to figure things out.

I figured things out and was hearing things.

That leave one last thing.

You can only guess what that is!!:eek:

happylabs
09-15-2009, 08:49 AM
That is pretty funny. I thought maybe Ed was playing a trick on you. :D

MoonandBean
09-15-2009, 08:55 AM
I was thinking maybe you had a hair in your ear that was rubbing the eardrum. I was pretty sure you weren't hallucinating because you seemed too rational. One night while sleeping I heard the strangest "voice" and put my ear to the window to see if there was anyone outside with walkie talkies or something. I thought "I'm too old to suddenly develop schizophrenia". Then I put my ear to my wall to see if my neighbors were talking (I lived in an apt. at the time). I didn't hear anything so I laid back down. Then I heard it again. It was my stomach grumbling from too much advil. I couldn't feel it; only heard it. Sanity is good :)

moosmom
09-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Heck, I hear voices all the time. I just tell them to shut up!!!

RICHARD,

I thought for sure it was the Edster pulling a prank on you. Never underestimate the power of a white cat.

Cinder & Smoke
09-15-2009, 11:01 AM
It's really strange, for the last hour I am hearing voices and music in my head.

That leave one last thing.

You can only guess what that is!! :eek:

There ya go again ... Blame da poor KAT!

:p