PDA

View Full Version : Giving the cops the bird?

RICHARD
09-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Celebrity macaw attacks police officer

A 3ft macaw that starred alongside Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley in a Pirates of the Caribbean film went squawking mad when its owner's car was pulled up by police near Dover ferry port.

An officer asked the female driver to stop when he noticed that the macaw was flying around inside the car, according to the Daily Telegraph.

When further investigation revealed that she'd already been banned from driving, junior officer PC Martin Dadd was "volunteered" to drive the vehicle to the police car pound.

A Port of Dover Police spokesman provided a clear picture of what happened next: "A very nervous probationary officer then proceeded to drive the vehicle to the police station with great difficulty and an equal amount of dexterity as the macaw perched itself on the steering wheel, pecking at his fingers throughout the journey."

A relative of the owner later collected the macaw, which got its big break in 2003, playing the companion of mute pirate David Bailie in The Curse of the Black Pearl.

The owner of the parrot has been charged with driving while disqualified, and has been released on bail ahead of an appearance before magistrates later this month.

-------------------------------------

Oh yeah, put the rookie cop inside the car with the ticked off bird.:eek::rolleyes: It's always fun until someone gets hurt.;)

Catherinedana
09-15-2009, 10:48 AM
I just LOVE parrots! They are so very amusing!!!! :D

Taz_Zoee
09-15-2009, 02:41 PM
I saw a lady driving on the freeway the other day with a perch attached to her dash and a beautiful parrot on the perch. It was so cool!! :D

Not sure why they didn't do something with the bird while the guy had to drive the car. Maybe have the owner hold it or something.

happylabs
09-15-2009, 02:47 PM
The story was funny but your comments were funnier. Really cracked me up! I would think it would definitely be a hazard to drive around with a bird in the car unless it were in a cage. People are really not all that bright these days are they?!?

RICHARD
09-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Part of the 'ritual hazing' of new cops is their partners make them take on the 'dirty' work.

It's like a fraternity-the low guy on the totem pole gets the grief and in this instance? The bird!:D:eek:

happylabs
09-15-2009, 03:23 PM
It's like a fraternity-the low guy on the totem pole gets the grief and in this instance? The bird!:D:eek:

LOL! http://happycats-buddy.com/rolling.gif

Anikaca77
09-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I really needed this laugh so thank you!

Melissa

lvpets2002
09-15-2009, 04:53 PM
:) This was a good one.. Loved it.. Such pay back..:D