PDA

View Full Version : It's now or never?

RICHARD
09-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Woman quits smoking after 95 years

A woman who has smoked for 95 years has finally decided to kick the habit.

Winnie Langley says she has decided to quit because she "didn't fancy it any more".

Mrs Langley claims she has prevented getting cancer because she does not inhale.

Winnie, who lives in Croydon, South London, told the Daily Mail: "Everyone used to smoke in those days, you did it to cope. We didn't know about the health problems. I just don't fancy it any more.

"My eyesight is failing so in a few years' time I might not be able to see the pack."

Since her first puff in 1914, Winnie has smoked on average five cigarettes a day, giving a total of more than 170,000.

Mrs Langley's step-grandson Clive said: "Her doctors have told her there's not much point stopping now. If she's got to 102 without getting cancer I don't think she ever will."

--------------------------------

DUDE!
If she drank she'd be the perfect woman!

I had a realtive who hand rolled his own ciggies. He could do it with one hand, all the while using his mouth to close the draw string on his tobacco pouch he held in the other.

When we were kids we'd ask him to roll ciggies just to watch him do it. I wonder if we killed him?:eek::o:(

DJFyrewolf36
09-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Honestly if she can quit maybe I can convince the hubby he'll have it easier...:rolleyes::D

He rolls his own too, except he has a machine that puts the tobacco in a filtered paper tube. Watching him do that driving was scary and facinating...not facinating enough for me to let him keep doing it though ;)

lbaker
09-15-2009, 10:03 AM
My Mom used to have one of those little machines too (she had Arthur-itis) but she didn't use it for "regular" tobacco....:eek::rolleyes:

moosmom
09-15-2009, 10:13 AM
My grandfather had one of those machines!!!! He used to smoke non-filtered Camels!! He lived to be 82. If it hadn't been for him dying in our house fire, he would've lived forever!!!

Cigarette smoke is NASTY!!! The Governor, in an attempt to pass a budget, added $1 tax to cigarettes. I'm sure that it pi$$ed off alot of smokers here in CT. Sure glad I don't smoke.

lvpets2002
09-15-2009, 12:31 PM
:) Just Amazing of the stories we read & hear..

Laura's Babies
09-15-2009, 02:11 PM
A guy on the other crew that rides my boat when we are off has one of those machines and does his own..

The Governor, in an attempt to pass a budget, added $1 tax to cigarettes. I'm sure that it pi$$ed off alot of smokers here in CT.

I keep warning everybody that "sin tax" (or whatever you want to call it these days) is NOT going to stop with cigarettes. That just opened the door for a long list of new taxes that we are going to be stuck with because someone else thinks it is not good for us.

Twisterdog
09-15-2009, 10:32 PM
My friend's dad smokes three packs a day, unfiltered, and has since he was eleven years old. Seriously. And he is eighty-five years old now! Also, he still rides his bicycle all over town. :eek: