PDA

View Full Version : Well, LJ is kittenish and feeling good #22

mrspunkysmom
09-14-2009, 09:27 PM
I rescued a little kitty that was on my porch. My neighbor saw her but his dogs chased her up a pole. My neighbor took the dogs in and must have placed her on my porch. I had said "no", since I'm not set up for rescue, but I brought her in anyway. She is 16-20 weeks old and a solid medium dark grey. She is friendly, decent body weight but very slightlly on the thin side, and flea free, although it looks like her mouth has had some trauma. I may try some wet food to see if she will eat. I hadn't seen the mouth trauma when I fed her. I'm not sure if she has a fever or is just scared of the fellas.

The fellas are actually handling this okay. It's more intense fascination instead of pique. The kitten is the one growling. She will stay in the spare room tonight. The bathroom is too cold. She was in it earlier until I brought her out to socialize.

I'll try to get pictures of her before I take her to the vet either tomorrow morning or evening.

I knew there was a reason I took Spunky and Sam to the vets last week.

mrspunkysmom
09-14-2009, 10:21 PM
It seems she was hungry. She's up and moving now some more. She ate 1.5 small cans of wet food. Before she had that look of someone recovering from anesthesia (sp?) or from shell shock. Upon touching her she is skinnier that I previously thought.

She purrs constantly. You can feel it through the body but not hear it well. Either getting my attention or self-healing. Hmmmmm

She's also grooming so this is good.

Off to bed now.

Let you know tomorrow.

Just curious. Did I post this in the right place?

katladyd
09-15-2009, 12:53 AM
Bless you for taking in this little one! I'm sure she will repay you with a lot of love!:love:

Anikaca77
09-15-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm so glad you were able to take this kitten in. Thank you for doing it.

Melissa

moosmom
09-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Great job!!!! There is a paste, Nutrical, which has alot of vitamins and minerals a kitten needs. Get her some dry food as well. Canned food, while they love it, it has literally no nutritional value. Get dry kitten food. It has alot of good stuff in it to put some weight on her.

First rule of thumb is to get her to the vet and have her tested before you introduce her to your crew. You don't want to jeopardize your fur crew's health.

Bless you for taking this precious baby in. She's in good hands.;)

GILL
09-15-2009, 10:46 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking this little one in. Moosmom hit the nail on the head. Nutrical is the way to go. and dry food with plenty of water.
We will be waiting for pictures.

Karen
09-15-2009, 11:15 AM
And yes, you posted this in the right place! Bless you for taking her in!

lvpets2002
09-15-2009, 12:14 PM
:love: I will bet this baby is so Cute.. How about pics please.. Congrats & many thanks for taking this wittle one into your home..

mrspunkysmom
09-15-2009, 08:07 PM
She has a sore mouth, so it's wet food for a week. She tried to eat the dry but it hurt too much.

I took her to the vet after work today and he said her tests were negative. She was treated for earmites and given one shot. I go back in three weeks to get the others. She's sleeping like the dead on the couch now. I have never seen a cat sleep this much. I wonder how long she was out in the wild. She's a Grumpy Gus and a talker/whiner. Hopefully that will improve with sleep, feeding, and lovin'. She does like to be held. The vet techs thought she was cute , esp her constant purring.

Pix in next post. Got to check on the critter.

mrspunkysmom
09-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Introducing Lady Jane Grey aka Lady Jane

Edited: I just checked on her and she is laying upside down after sliding down that robe. Crazy.

mrspunkysmom
09-15-2009, 08:20 PM
And Finally Introducing
Mr. Spunky aka Spunkyman, Spunkydoodles, and The SpunkMeister. (He's my heart kitty)

And Samwise the Red or Sam (He's my orangie lover boy)

The first two are Sam and the rest are of Spunky.

I have pix of them everywhere, I just need to find them.

Grace
09-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Lady Jane Grey looks as though she has found heaven on earth. Thank you for rescuing her from the streets :love:

mrspunkysmom
09-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Lady Jane Grey looks as though she has found heaven on earth. Thank you for rescuing her from the streets

Is that what that is? :D

She doesn't appear nervous (reason for skittishness) but who knows what happened out there in the wild.

Right now she is sitting on my lap purring away. She is stuck to me like glue.
:love:

So how do you put extra pix in the sig?

Karen
09-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Is that what that is? :D

She doesn't appear nervous (reason for skittishness) but who knows what happened out there in the wild.

Right now she is sitting on my lap purring away. She is stuck to me like glue.
:love:

So how do you put extra pix in the sig?

The same way you put the first picture in!

mrspunkysmom
09-16-2009, 05:04 AM
I'm getting some nutrical this afternoon.

She hangs her head to one side sometimes and has a hangdog look. Sometimes her head shakes and it looks like she has trouble holding it up. However, she just jumped off the computer desk with little problem. Maybe I worry too much. She tried to play a little this morning.

Can the worm medicine make her tired? It was a 3-in-1 med.

Medusa
09-16-2009, 06:32 AM
Lady Jane is adorable; she looks a lot like my Yodie. You may want to take her back in to see your vet, though. The head shaking could be residual ear mites or even a polyp, which would need to be tended to before it grows out of hand. You've done a marvelous job and we can tell that she's just lovin' life! Both furkids are wonderful! :love:

smokey the elder
09-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Does she walk normally? The odd head posture may be from ear mites or other ear trouble, but could also be related to CH.

mrspunkysmom
09-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks Medusa and Smokey. She did have ear mites and the vet was aggressive (maybe too much) in removing and treating them. The head hanging and shaking might also be fatigue. I am watching this. It might also be an affectation when she is bored. She seems fine when active. I did pick up the nutrical this afternoon.

She walks stiffly sometimes (Sam has a cork butt walk too) and is thin. Her belly is large though. It is soft and the vet said she was probably 18 weeks. There are three possibilities: 1) she's eating too much, 2) worms, or 3) she is older and pregnant. Time will tell.

She does sleep a lot, but this evening was more active than yesterday. I still think she has a small infection or something, but she is more active and less fearful of the fellas. When she sleeps, it IS like she is in heaven. She stretches out upside-down and is totally relaxed.

I don't think anyone ever played with her. I tried a pen and she watched for a bit. This afternoon I tried string and she did play. This evening I threw the noisy rattly balls for Spunky and LJ chased the balls and toys down the hall a few times. Then she just played a bit. Not very energetic, but this is a marked improvement.

Maybe she is just lowkey, but I'm used to spunky kitties. Sam is playful in a cool kind of way and spunky must mainline catnip. He did earn his name.

I've attached a few pix of her.

Grace
09-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Oh, there is some tabby in her - look at the stripes on her tail!!

Don't let catnapper get anywhere near her :)

mrspunkysmom
09-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh, there is some tabby in her - look at the stripes on her tail!!

Don't let catnapper get anywhere near her :)

You know, I never noticed until now. I saw the solid gray and was hooked. but catnapper would have a fight on her hands. I love tabbies and my tuxie tabby is my heart kitty.

Pinot's Mom
09-17-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm SLIGHTLY partial to tabbies myself! :)

Thanks for rescuing her and keep us updated on Lady Jane!

jennielynn1970
09-17-2009, 03:30 PM
What a gorgeous girl she is!! I hope the head shaking is a temporary thing, and just related to the ear mites. Also hope she is not pregnant... poor little thing!

Big hugs and kissies and scritchies going out to all your crew, they are all just gorgeous!

mrspunkysmom
09-17-2009, 08:33 PM
More pix tomorrow or Saturday, but I did take some today, just not much time to post.

Apparently she needed sleep, food, and TLC. This morning she was hanging in the typical manner of a cat off the side of the bed. She's figured out what she has to do to get fed and she's eating with the fellas, too. She was up on the cat tree earlier and nose-to-nose with Spunky. Right now she is on the computer desk and was having a stare-down and paw-swiped with Spunky. She's investigating the house, including the dishwasher, catgrass plant, various closets, etc. She does like to hang about me or the fellas.

I do hope she isn't pregnant. She's too small to have babies.

mrspunkysmom
09-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Just so you know. LJ (Lady Jane) is being a total kitten and driving the fellas nuts. She has the makings of an alpha female but hopefully not a diva. It seems she needed, rest, FOOD, and TLC.

Sorry about the lack of photos. I've been worried about SAM and myself. I've had a bad sinus infection that goes systemic and the doctor is difficult not to mention nearsighted, so I have ot put my foot down to get treated.

Sam seems to have pick up an URI. I think he may have gotten something in his nose like cat litter or catnip. I don't think it's from LJ because it's just reverse sneezing and some past nasal drip, but a vet trip will let me know for sure.

BTW her grey fur looks silver in certain places and on the tips. She's absolutely beautiful.

mrspunkysmom
09-30-2009, 04:34 PM
The same way you put the first picture in!

I tried that and when I tried to put a picture of LJ in, Sam's pix was deleted.

What am I doing wrong?