PDA

View Full Version : Safety Collars

yumyum6970
10-04-2002, 03:24 PM
Hi all. Does anyone have the same problem with safety collars as we do?? It seems we have to buy Yum Yum a new collar every week sometimes even twice a week. When she goes outside she will have her collar but when she comes back in she won't. We have figured it out that she does this on purpose because she doesn't like to wear the collar. She will rub against a tree or something and the collar will break off. Do any of yall know where we can get the kind of collar that is not a safety collar?
Thanks!

Chinadoll
10-04-2002, 03:32 PM
I would think at any big chain pet store you should find a variety of collars. My only concern would be that she would think she could go out side and rub it on something to break off and this time it wouldn't break and she'd get stuck. I understand your frustration though. I finally gave up on the ferrets wearing collars...too expensive to keep them in it. I've seen a few different types of break away collars, some with velcro some with a buckle...have you tried another kind?

catland
10-04-2002, 04:21 PM
I know your frustration, although my gang seems to lose them a little less often - actually they seem to go in waves - not losing any for months, and then constantly losing them.

I agree with Chinadoll, maybe you should try a few different kinds first. Also, could it be that the collars are too loose or too tight?

Are you ever able to locate the missing collars? We put ID tags on ours, and they do actually sometimes come back to us.

Good luck