PDA

View Full Version : Update on SE Pet Talk meeting in Dec

Logan
10-04-2002, 03:14 PM
Souraya has headed out to see Andrew for the weekend, and since I didn't have everyone's email address, I decided to handle this in a more "public" manner.

First of all, thank you all, for your wonderful support and love while I get ready for this huge step in my life!

Secondly, to Candy, thank you for attempting to put together a wonderful gathering of my friends to prepare me for my upcoming marriage! We were so disappointed that you were not able to make the weekend that was decided on.

In light of that fact, if it's ok with everyone (Gini, K9 Karen, Anna, Mary, Karen and Paul, Laurie, etc), we would like to wait until spring when more people will be available to get together. If my house had sold as expected, if Helen didn't have huge obligations that weekend, etc, it might have been easier for me to pull it off, but given that none of that happened, and I would be shattered to have to leave you constantly because of other obligations, plus the fact that I have no idea where I will be at that point, we have agreed that it might be better to wait and try for another get together after the first of the year.

I hope you all understand and know that I love you dearly for even considering the trip to Greenville!! I just want to be able to focus 100% on all of you when you do come this way, and that particular weekend, with Helen's chorus issues, plus not knowing the outcome of the sale of the house, leaves me in limbo!

Thanks so much for understanding and we'll look forward to an early spring get together!!

Logan

gini
10-04-2002, 03:38 PM
Logan, thanks for responding. I just had "this feeling" that December might not be a good time.

Now we can look forward to a date in the Spring that is good for everyone and hopefully Candy can make that date too. And maybe some more members will be able to make it too!

Hugs from Gini and Mr. Rascal

Dixieland Dancer
10-04-2002, 03:41 PM
I am so sorry that this meeting did not take place. I guess it is a very busy time of year for everyone... especially Logan! Best Wishes to you and Scott on the successful sale of both houses and getting the perfect one to start your new family in. I will keep you in my prayers.

Cincy'sMom
10-04-2002, 04:05 PM
I;'m sorry this meeting isn't going to work out. December was bad for me cuase of the Chirtmas Dance show, but I may be able to make it in the spring...

Logan
10-05-2002, 08:08 PM
Well, we need to stick to the Spring plan and definitely get together then!! Thank you all for understanding. I can't wait to see you all in the spring!!!

Logan :)

anna_66
10-06-2002, 03:52 PM
When I talked to Souraya earlier in the week she said it was still on for December, thanks for letting us know! I knew there was a reason I kept postphoning making my reservations!
Hope to see that more people can come in the spring:)

Karen
10-06-2002, 04:01 PM
That will be okay with us, and perhaps if we plan early enough, more people will be able to make it. So many people have family and other obligations from Thanksgiving on all the way through December that not even the pull of warmer (perhaps at least) weather could pull folks away.

Good luck with the whole house-selling-buying-cleaning-up-movingout-moving-in-all-while- juggling-wedding-work-kids-pets-etc. deal!

sammi
10-06-2002, 07:45 PM
I hope I can make it this coming spring.

Logan
10-07-2002, 06:03 AM
"Bumping" this to the top, just in case anyone missed it.

lbaker
10-07-2002, 07:13 AM
Spring it is. Does Souraya know where she and Andrew will be by then? Oh Sammi, I do hope you and Mike can make it. Until Spring I guess Christmas cards and PetTalk will keep us all together. Laurie

mruffruff
10-08-2002, 02:57 PM
I'm disappointed that the Dec. meeting is off, but I'm sure looking forward to Spring!

Hopefully more of us will be able to make it then.

Mary

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-08-2002, 04:42 PM
Laurie, Andrew will find out where he is getting sent towards the middle of December. He is getting a new aircraft assignment as well. I am very anxious to find out where we are going. There are lots of preparations to be made:eek: