PDA

View Full Version : More on Susan Boyle...

Laura's Babies
09-14-2009, 01:20 PM
She IS in the USA! To be on America's Got Talent Wednesday singing her new single Wild Horses and possiably I Dreamed a Dream..

Here is her single on You Tube and she sounds awesome doing this song. What a prefect song for her too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGytm13sbIE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esusan%2Dboyle%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded#t=49

Prairie Purrs
09-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Goodness--that gave me goosebumps! A magnificent version of one of my favorite songs. Bravo, Susan!

chocolatepuppy
09-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Wow, that woman sure can sing! Go Susan!;)

Asiel
09-14-2009, 07:18 PM
The page wasn't available - maybe later. But I've heard her sing and I love her voice.

Laura's Babies
09-14-2009, 09:22 PM
You Tube is doing maintance after 7pm tonight, try again in the morning or later tonight.

lvpets2002
09-15-2009, 12:56 PM
:) My Gosh she does a Great Job singing this song.. Now is the CD for sale yet?? If so I must get.. She is great.. I have so loved that song anyway..

Laura's Babies
09-15-2009, 01:19 PM
It will not be out until November but you can preorder it.. I preordered hers and Andrea Bocelli's yesterday. If that is a sample of what is on it, we are all going to be blown away! (Like we aren't already! :rolleyes:)

Asiel
09-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Got it to play...my gosh she gets better every time I hear her. Such talent.

KYS
09-16-2009, 05:30 PM
She has such a beautiful voice. I started getting teary listening to the song.

K9karen
09-16-2009, 11:10 PM
She was on America's Got Talent tonight and sang "Wild Horses". My first thought was "Whaaa??" but she was awesome. Mick and Keith should be proud.

Laura's Babies
09-17-2009, 07:55 AM
I had been waiting days for AGT, I knew she was going to be on there since last Friday. (She arrived in the USA Saturday) I was really disappointed that they brought her all the way to the USA and then didn't let her sing the full version of Wild Horses but what she sang was awesome!

The "guests" parts in the show were pre-recorded so while they appeared to be live, they were not (learn something new every day!). Some of her fans from a Susan Boyle web sight went and one posted about it as soon as they got home. It took 3 takes so they got to hear her sing it 3 times LIVE! They said she sang it perfect every time but the cameras messed up or the lighting was wrong so they had to redo it.

At the taping, she sang right after Cirque du Soleil and right after Cirque sang, they started setting up for Susan and Piers and David left, she thinks Piers went to cheer Susan on. They said she was very aware she had a fan club there and after the taping, she came to meet them and was just so sweet to all of them.

Here she is singing Wild horses with a orchestra as seen on AGT last night.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Family/SusanAGTFinale.jpg

See the video here
http://www.casttv.com/susan-boyle/susan-boyle-america-s-got-talent-wild-horses/bten581

From day 1, I have wanted to hear her with a orchestra instead of with pre-recorded music. I was not dissapointed in how it sounded, just that she didn't sing the full version. She sure can belt out those notes!

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-17-2009, 08:21 AM
I LOVE that voice so much!!! Gives me goosebumps EVERY time!!
I hope she gets good entourage, because she deserves succes! The whole world should hear this wonderful voice!!:love::love::love:

lvpets2002
09-17-2009, 04:24 PM
:eek: She is so stunning with singing talent.. I just cant get enough of her singing.. I am for sure to get her CD..

cassiesmom
04-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm bumping up this old thread because our pastor used Susan Boyle's performance of "I Dreamed a Dream" on Britain's Got Talent as an illustration in his Easter sermon. (and of course I thought of PT) She had no idea how much her life would change after that. Simon Cowell did not expect her to sing the way she did -- surprise! The disciples of Jesus had no idea how much their lives would change as they followed Him. The people around Jesus during Holy Week had different expectations of Him, just as Simon Cowell did with Susan Boyle. At the very end of the sermon, the clip was played of her appearance on the show. I love the reactions of Simon Cowell, Piers Morgan and the lady judge whose name I don't know -- no matter how often I see it, I always smile. And I know she went on to great success from there.

So here you go. The clip shown in church was edited way down for time, but you get the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

Laura's Babies
04-08-2012, 12:45 PM
That was a great way to present her story and to use it to teach. What a beautiful idea!!

pomtzu
04-08-2012, 12:50 PM
I get chills every time I see her original performance and the reaction of those hard-nosed judges. That once frumpy little lady, has gone on to be quite a shining star. I love her!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-08-2012, 01:14 PM
She has several CDs out already. Check Amazon.com for them. I bet when she sings, angels stop to listen. :love:

pomtzu
04-08-2012, 01:32 PM
She has several CDs out already. Check Amazon.com for them. I bet when she sings, angels stop to listen. :love:

I have her "I Dreamed a Dream" CD and I play it frequently. I think she and Josh Groban should collaborate and put one out together - talk about awesome. :D I have several Groban CD's also which I play a lot. I'm sure the rest of the family is sick of hearing them tho. :eek:

mrspunkysmom
04-08-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm bumping up this old thread because our pastor used Susan Boyle's performance of "I Dreamed a Dream" on Britain's Got Talent as an illustration in his Easter sermon. (and of course I thought of PT) She had no idea how much her life would change after that. Simon Cowell did not expect her to sing the way she did -- surprise! The disciples of Jesus had no idea how much their lives would change as they followed Him. The people around Jesus during Holy Week had different expectations of Him, just as Simon Cowell did with Susan Boyle. At the very end of the sermon, the clip was played of her appearance on the show. I love the reactions of Simon Cowell, Piers Morgan and the lady judge whose name I don't know -- no matter how often I see it, I always smile. And I know she went on to great success from there.

So here you go. The clip shown in church was edited way down for time, but you get the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

Thanks for sharing again. The second time I watched today!

momcat
04-08-2012, 03:24 PM
With her extraordinary voice here on earth, heaven is missing an angel!

carole
04-08-2012, 03:29 PM
She is not my favourite singer, but i have to say she sure can sing alright and understand her popularity, what i love most about her is her fantastic sense of humour,every time i have seen her on the TV she handles herself so well and is so funny..ENJOY fans...:)

mrspunkysmom
04-08-2012, 05:48 PM
She is not my favourite singer, but i have to say she sure can sing alright and understand her popularity, what i love most about her is her fantastic sense of humour,every time i have seen her on the TV she handles herself so well and is so funny..ENJOY fans...:)

During her original audition, she was herself and didn't care what others thought. I think that she has a great sense of self. And when she lost to the kids group she almost seemed relieved.

Miss Z
04-09-2012, 05:35 AM
During her original audition, she was herself and didn't care what others thought. I think that she has a great sense of self. And when she lost to the kids group she almost seemed relieved.

what i love most about her is her fantastic sense of humour,every time i have seen her on the TV she handles herself so well and is so funny..ENJOY fans...:)

During and shortly following her time on BGT, I hated the way the British tabloids treated her. Her first audition may have amazed viewers, but most of the country was still hung up on her appearance, her lack of a relationship, and the horrible rumours that she was some schizophrenic lunatic. She would have won the competition had the press not made her a laughing stock - Diversity were very good, but Susan was definitely the more captivating. I'm so glad that the rest of the world saw her talent and supported her, particularly the USA. Now she has the last laugh, and is now rightly celebrated as the talented, witty, and wealthy (!) star that she is!