PDA

View Full Version : Ebby, two photos, two moods.

ChrisH
09-14-2009, 12:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Ebby%202009/DSCF1020.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Ebby%202009/DSCF1010.jpg

sasvermont
09-14-2009, 12:49 PM
You really can "read" her moods in the photos! She is such a pretty girl, regardless her mood!

Thanks for sharing her with us!:)

K2QC
09-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Great photos . . . I can never get good close up shots of my black devon rex -- he's a golden eye.

There is hope now that I see good close ups are possible. Will have to try some more.

Thank you for posting the .jpg's.

happylabs
09-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Definitely a pretty girl! Love her eyes. So expressive.

Randi
09-14-2009, 02:40 PM
You have captured Ebby's expression so well, Chris. :) What an adorable girl she is! And those stunning green eyes.

Give her some kisses from Fister and me, please! :love:

lizbud
09-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Ebby is beautiful. :)You are right, you can see the difference in moods.

Taz_Zoee
09-14-2009, 04:59 PM
It's all in the eyes. And they sure are beautiful! :D

catmandu
09-14-2009, 05:00 PM
The hardest thing to do is to photograph a Black Cat, as thier features tend to blend together.
Those are such Great Photos of Elegant Ebby and Tubby 2 Angel, Tubster Panther , My Dear Ebony Beau Tubster Angel and Ebonite all send Big MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM RRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWS to Excellent Ebby!!!:love::love::love:

katladyd
09-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Give that beautiful green-eyed girl kisses from me!:love:

cassiesmom
09-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Give that beautiful green-eyed girl kisses from me!:love:

And from me, too! Ebby, you are so beautiful!

Vermontcat
09-14-2009, 09:16 PM
I love seeing photos of Ebby no matter what mood she is in.:)
She has the most beautiful eyes.
Give her some more kisses from me too and a few hugs to go with them.:love:

ChrisH
09-15-2009, 05:25 AM
Thanks for your lovely comments everyone.

Kisses given, she does accept them nowadays, with grace. :)

This morning as I took delivery of some expensive cat food I began thinking of how she is a spoiled princess who has finally found a way to get me wrapped around her silky black paws.

She never used to meow, ever. First time I heard her was a few years back when we were in the car taking her to the vets to check out the injury to her tail. Meowed up a storm that day she did. Heard her now and again after that but it was still rare enough that it raised a comment. That changed about 6 weeks ago.

I began giving her some of the fresh chicken chunks I'd bought for salads. Then I began buying it weekly just for her. All because, besides the big eyes, the purring, the following me around and the rubbing up against my legs - which is new enough - when she thinks it's chicken chow time she has added the meows. Plaintive soft ones and, most heart-tugging of all, the silent ones.

Now she has notched it all up by not only using the behaviour once a day but twice and by eating very little, if any, of her normal food. Hence the gamble with the new 80% chicken cat food. Seems to be paying off in one sense, she tucked into and ate a bowlful with gusto so perhaps I don't have to buy the fresh chunks every week. As to whether I'll be followed, purred and meowed at for the new food, well, that remains to be seen.:D

Randi
09-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Ha ha! She finally figured out how to train you. :D Chris, I can't remember how old she is, you know, older cats tend to meow more - at least Fister does.

Now, this is the time to be persistent, give her the chicken food you just bought and she may just forget about the fresh chicken - give that as a treat.

More kisses to darling Ebby. :love:

Anikaca77
09-15-2009, 08:44 AM
OH MY THOSE EYES ARE GORGOUS! I LOVE THOSE! EBBY you are just TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!

jennielynn1970
09-15-2009, 08:54 PM
What stunning pictures of Ebby!! I love the expression in the first picture, lol.

Our kitties sure know what to do to tug at our heart strings, don't they?! Keep up the sweet-nothings meows, Ebby, and you'll have all the fresh chicken you'll ever wish for!

ChrisH
09-16-2009, 04:32 AM
Thanks for the lovely comments. :D

Randi, the vet estimate was that she was around two years old when I got her back in '02 so that would make her 9 years old.

slick
09-16-2009, 09:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Ebby%202009/DSCF1020.jpg

Look into my eyes. Deep into my eyes. You will fall under my spell and get me chicken, lots of chicken. You will hand feed me my chicken and afterwards, you will give me scritches until I fall asleep. When I awake, you will continue to be at my beck and meow and make my every wish come true.:D

slick
09-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Chris, these pictures are absolutely beautiful and I love her little red tag. It goes so well with her black hue......

Ebbs: I love you so much and you'd better hang in there. I will meet you someday and give you kisses myself.:love:

Love
Auntie Slick

cassiesmom
09-17-2009, 08:24 PM

Look into my eyes. Deep into my eyes. You will fall under my spell and get me chicken, lots of chicken. You will hand feed me my chicken and afterwards, you will give me scritches until I fall asleep. When I awake, you will continue to be at my beck and meow and make my every wish come true.:D

Okay! I'm ready!

Vio&Juni
09-20-2009, 03:09 AM
Awww, she's so beautiful!

I always check out your threads, whenever I am on PT. I've always had a soft spot for black kitties and she is one beautiful black kitty. She has the same expression as Juni.

Her eyes remind me of the mountain rivers in this area - greenish with pale yellow sand - beautiful!

krazyaboutkatz
09-20-2009, 03:30 AM
These are great pictures of her. She sure is a gorgeous cat.:)

momcat
09-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Oh wow, Ebby is gorgeous! Her coat looks so soft. Your pictures are super but you had a very good model. Could I ask you to give Ebby lots of scritchies and lovies from me? :love: :love: :love: :love:

ChrisH
09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/happy041.gif

Thanks again for the lovely comments everyone. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif

RICHARD
09-21-2009, 03:49 PM
LOL,

Wait until the 'hiding' place for the chicken is discovered.

You haven't heard the end of it.:D

Killearn Kitties
09-21-2009, 04:27 PM
How funny! :D Your Ebby is about as slow to come out of her shell as our girls. They did not give their purrs lightly!

Beautiful photos of Ebby. :love: