PDA

View Full Version : I think I've fallen into an alternate unvierse

catnapper
09-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Hubby is trying to convince me that we shold keep Mikey and Mystic! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Seriously.... can I actually DO it?

I ADORE Mystic. Trixie is thrilled to have him back. Callie is thrilled to have both boys back too - they played with her. I am actually startled at the reality when I see them running around the house. My problem is Pouncer and Mikey. I swear those two boys are one in the same. I thought Mikey stresses Pouncer out, but he's been just as mellow as he was while Mikey was gone. Yes, Everybody fit right in like they never left.

Every where I look, I see a cat. I feel like I've crossed a line into looney-ville.

I had 5 cats only a few months ago. They were easy to care for. We had a nice routine. They were TERRIFIED of Callie. We got the kittens so she could learn not to chase the cats. It worked perfectly! But now I've got 8 cats who are relaxed around a bouncing hyper dog. I feel like I'm in a zoo.

If someone pees or poos, I have NO IDEA who it was.... and we've had too many incidents to count this summer. Allen's been AWFUL pooping outside the box. We had to rip up all the carpet because of him. Pouncer's been peeing a LOT, and won't take his pills. Oh, he'll take them, but I'll find them on the floor the next day. Do I sound stressed? Can anybody spare few Xanax pills? ;)

The extra food, litter, vet care is a LOT of money. I haven't mentioned it, but my husband took a disability retirement two weeks ago. It'll be enough to pay the bills, but extras, like emergency vet care will be tough on us (but have those trips ever been easy?) Since hubby's home full time, he definitely will be here to help with the cats' care. He just doesn't "do" litterboxes :p ;)

Right now, I have 8 cats --- EIGHT CATS!!! --- staring at me. All circled around me (oh and a dog who thinks she's a cat :rolleyes: ) Of course, its because they're all starving for their morning meal.

If he's willing, I suppose I'm willing to give it a try. He's a house hubby now, so I no longer have to worry about getting rid of all the cat hair! Thats his job! :D

catmandu
09-13-2009, 12:04 PM
I wish that I had the right words to say, but it sounds as though you may have taken in a few too many Cats.
I dont of course mean that as a negative comment, ut it sounds as tough a few of your Older Cats are stressed out.
:eek:
I hope that they can get used to each other.
My Princess has been pooing and peeing, and thats with the lowest Found Cat Hotel population in years.
:confused:
We are praying that you have Happy Cats and Dog and a Clean House too.:love:

jenluckenbach
09-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Welcome to Looney-Ville! :cool: Been there, DOING that! :p And I wouldn't have it any other way.

If there comes a time to lessen the cat load, I doubt I could live with LESS that eight! :eek:

heidiv
09-13-2009, 06:58 PM
I only have 4 soon to have 5 and I think that is a lot....with the 5 I had to promise not to rescue anymore....I think we should just get a bigger house;) I think its pretty impressive that the hubby wants more ;) its usually the cat lover that wants more....I say more the merrier... You have a great guy!! I feel like you its good as long as you can provide for them in every way. We have had 5 so I know we can do 5 but 8 is a lot... Oh yeah I have a dog too that thinks she is a cat!!! Lots of dog toys but only wants to play with the cat nip mice hmmmmm?!? Hey I can't complain....I would rather have it that way..:D:D and it totally feels like a 3 ring circus!! There is always so much action in the house....never a dull moment ;)

moosmom
09-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Welcome to Loonieville!!! I never thought I'd have 6 cats, but I do. Wouldn't want it any other way.

I give Grant alot of credit. Go with the flow, Kim. ;)

Laura's Babies
09-14-2009, 08:36 AM
I think it is so sweet that HE is the one saying "keep them!".

We all would love to keep them all and give them ALL good homes. There are those that you just fall madly in love with and have that special bond with but just don't have the room for. I feel like I am wall to wall litter boxes and cat feeders in this small house and over run with cat hair all over the place. But I am happy and so are they... and that is what counts.

Anikaca77
09-14-2009, 08:56 AM
I think it is so sweet that HE is the one saying "keep them!".

We all would love to keep them all and give them ALL good homes. There are those that you just fall madly in love with and have that special bond with but just don't have the room for. I feel like I am wall to wall litter boxes and cat feeders in this small house and over run with cat hair all over the place. But I am happy and so are they... and that is what counts.

I don't think I could of said it any better :)

catnapper
09-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Thing is, we have PLENTY of room. Depending on how you count, we have either 5 or 6 bedrooms (one room is too small to count in my opinion, but appraisers count it.) We have 3 floors, plus a basment. PLENTY of room for 8 cats to disperse evenly into. Problem is they tend to congregate wherever we are! :p (Is that necessarily a problem? ;))

I decided Mystic is definitely staying. I LOVE that boy! Then I feel guilty about wanting to rehome Mikey. Like, why should he be the one who gets booted out of my house? Hubby keeps reminding me of how cool a cat Mikey is.

Sigh. I hate having such a big heart.

krazyaboutkatz
09-14-2009, 12:12 PM
It sounds like everyone is still fitting in nicely so hopefully everything will work out.:) I know that I couldn't handle 8 cats because of finances and room problems. Good luck.:)

Taz_Zoee
09-14-2009, 01:02 PM
I only have two and it's stressing me out!! But that's because they don't get along AT ALL. And one is three times the size of the other.

You can't get rid of Mikey. He is the brown tabby you've always wanted. ;) Besides, whats one more? LOL Yeah, easy for me to say, I know.

Well, I hope you can work it out and find peace in the house with everyone.

Lizzie
09-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Thing is, we have PLENTY of room. Depending on how you count, we have either 5 or 6 bedrooms (one room is too small to count in my opinion, but appraisers count it.) We have 3 floors, plus a basment. PLENTY of room for 8 cats to disperse evenly into. Problem is they tend to congregate wherever we are! :p (Is that necessarily a problem? ;))

Like you, I have plenty of room but most of mine also tend to be in whichever room I'm in. When they squabble I tell them "Well just move downstairs and you could have a bedroom to yourself" but of course they ignore me. I look down my rather narrow bed and realize that eight cats are leaning into me and each other, leaving the sofa and armchair empty.

I'm very, very lucky right now in that I have a core group of cats who cope with fosters amazingly well. A few of them might give a the odd hiss, especially my pestilential princess Cordelia, but basically they just look the new foster over and shrug.

I don't have television so am just watching CSI on DVD from the library. This weekend I saw an episode that featured a cat lady who gets killed by a cat-snatching kid. The way the other characters talked about the cat lady had me roaring with laughter. I kept saying "That's me, yes that's me." And all the time my cats leaned into me purring loudly or sleeping soundly which is all that is important to me.

Enjoy your troupe!

MoonandBean
09-14-2009, 01:21 PM
This is a no-brainer but I'll say it anyway...make sure they are all fixed so you don't have 64 cats this time next year.

Next time Callie and 8 cats are circling you, please take a picture. I'd LOVE to see Callie with all her friends.

I'm sure when the need arises for some emergency funding, we could do a little fundraising.

I say keep em all :)