PDA

View Full Version : sniper down the street

lbaker
10-04-2002, 07:20 AM
I guess you all heard about the killings in my neighborhood:( :mad: It's such a quiet, peaceful little town usually and something like this happens and throws ones whole world upside down. I just wanted to leave work and go home and hold my furkids but was actually afraid to get off my bus and walk down the street to my house. What a sorrowful state to be in:( Laurie

Logan
10-04-2002, 07:25 AM
Oh, Laurie, I didn't remember that it happened so close to your home! I know everyone must be scared to death. I was amazed yesterday when they quoted the police telling people to just go about their business as usual! I don't think so!!! Those five people were "going about their business" too, weren't they? :(

You be careful!!!

Karen
10-04-2002, 07:40 AM
As soon as I heard the news, I said to Paul - "We'd better tell Laurie to wear body armor for the next few days!" Glad to hear from you, remember to duck, and no lingering outdoors, okay?

lovemymaltese
10-04-2002, 10:06 AM
that is terrible. I hate to hear such tragic news, what is this world coming to?

jackiesdaisy1935
10-04-2002, 10:59 AM
I was so sorry to hear this news, I don't know what this world is coming to, like Logan said, people just going about their business. Laurie I'm glad to hear you are O.K., it must have been such a shock.
Jackie

sammi
10-04-2002, 11:17 AM
Laurie, I didn't realize how close you were! We are thinking about you and keep safe & I hope they are caught soon.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-04-2002, 11:24 AM
Laurie you and your town are in my thoughts and prayers too. I've been watching the news coverage. I hope they catch them soon. :eek:

moosmom
10-04-2002, 01:36 PM
Laurie,

I didn't realize it was so close to your home. I saw it on the news last night. I hope they catch this lunatic soon! In the meantime, do what Karen says...duck and don't linger outdoors! You're in my thoughts.

Edwina's Secretary
10-04-2002, 01:39 PM
My brother and his family also live in Montegomery County -- around Poolesville/Germantown. My thoughts and hopes are with them and you Laurie.

Sara

ramanth
10-04-2002, 01:45 PM
Oh Laurie! I didn't know you lived so close. I pray that you and your furbabies stay safe.

*hugs*

kingrattus
10-04-2002, 01:46 PM
what happened???
I don't watch usa news, nor canadian news.
I think I heard something about a shooting in a parking lot in the usa somewhere & 5 or so people were shot.

HoRsELUvR
10-04-2002, 03:54 PM
i live in Maryland too and my school is only half a mile away from where one of the shootings happened!we were in a code blue all day.Also, we were locked in our 2nd period classrooms for 2 hours.When we went home on the bus,everytime we saw a white van like the one they described we all ducked.it was pretty scary.

gini
10-04-2002, 04:03 PM
Laurie, what a frightening experience for everyone. I hope that there are enough leads into the police that will enable them to catch this monster very soon. The news said the killings were very calculated. What kind of mind..........?????

We are glad you are safe - and we want to hear you continue to be safe..........

mugsy
10-04-2002, 04:15 PM
Geez, I didn't know anyone on here was that close to the whole thing. I guess now they think the shooters may have moved down to Fredericksburg, VA because there was a woman shot in the back, but not killed. PSYCHOS!! Keep safe everyone.

King, Some lunatic(s) in a white van or truck went on a shooting spree in Maryland, randomly shooting people for no apparent reason. I've heard that there may be a shooting also of an elderly man in D.C. that may be those 2.

Cincy'sMom
10-04-2002, 04:20 PM
I have been so busy i haven't even watche the news...I hadn't heard anything about these killings. How Scary! Stay safe!!!

kingrattus
10-04-2002, 08:14 PM
did anyone die??

mugsy
10-04-2002, 08:29 PM
Yes king...all 5 of them in Maryland died as far as I know. The gentleman in D.C. died, at the last time I heard, the woman in Virginia was alive, but critical.

Karen
10-05-2002, 11:34 AM
I first just heard that five random people in the Washington, DC area were shot, and I immediately thought of Laurie! It is frightening in that they appear to be entirely random, not connected in any way victims - old, young, male, female, there's no "logic" to it so that you can say to yourself, "Well, so-and-so will be safe, because ..."

So our thoughts and prayers are with everyone in that region, including the law enforcement officers trying to find and stop the shooter(s).

Stay safe, everyone!

Kittensaremylife
10-05-2002, 12:00 PM
ohhh they must be awful to have something like that happen close to you. has anyone heard of the Jennifer Short case in VA? that happens to be where i live.

anna_66
10-05-2002, 02:59 PM
Mark just told me about the killings today, I didn't hear about it earlier. It's just awful. Stay safe everyone.

Kittensaremylife
10-05-2002, 03:36 PM
the Jennifer Short case is awful. a 9 year old girl was kidnapped after her parents were shot to death and there were some bones found in a lake down in NC and just yesterday the results of the DNA from the bones came in and the bones were those of Jennifer Short. the world is turning crazy now

lbaker
10-07-2002, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the thoughts & prayers everyone, I am well and staying alert - as is everyone in the Metro DC area. HorseLuvr, you stay careful going to & from school, we all feel he (she? they?) are still around. Everyday I drive by the Kensington Shell up the street from my house where LoriAnn was killed while vacuming her vehicle and see the flowers and notes and my heart just feels a tightness I can't explain. The randomness of the whole thing is so frightening and disgusting. The sickness in some minds just amazes me, even as jaded as I sometimes feel at my ripe old age. Thank you all for restoring my sense of caring in this scary world. Laurie

sammi
10-07-2002, 09:55 AM
Not again

I heard on TV that a 13 year old boy was shot this am by his school - not sure what part of that area tho:( anyone hear more?

lbaker
10-07-2002, 09:59 AM
God yes, Sammi/Molly - PG county is ajoining Montgomery County. Bowie is about a 15-20 minute drive from last weeks killings. Horseluvr and the rest of DC area schools are once again on code blue. Even though they have not completely confirmed it's the same guy the MO is so similar they have to consider it strongly. I feel like crying.

mugsy
10-07-2002, 10:56 AM
Isn't a twosome?? A driver and a shooter?? Did they ever confirm that the shooting in D.C. and the one in Fredericksburg, VA were the same people?? Stay safe and alert out there. And, yes, the world is going crazy...makes you wonder about the end of the world sometimes.

lbaker
10-07-2002, 11:37 AM
Both the one in DC and the one in VA were from the same rifle as at least three of the 5 MD killings. Recovered bullets from others in too poor shape to be 100% sure. Unconfirmed about the 13 yr old this a.m. Woman in VA still alive, as is the young man..so far. All others died immediately with one fatal shot. No totally confirmed eye witnesses, just one person who saw a white "box-truck" driving away quickly at one of the sites with two men in it - but everything else is speculation. Except of course that he/they are totally devoid of any human feelings and the shooter is a marksman.

popcornbird
10-07-2002, 01:10 PM
What a crazy world! What evil people! I've been following this on the news and its so sad the criminals have not been caught yet. I didn't realize there were some Pet Talkers living in the area! Its so scary! You guys must be scared to step out of the house! I hope those evil snipers are caught before they can take anymore lives. Some people really don't have a heart. :mad: All of you people out there, take care of yourselves! I hope you'll all stay alright!

Kfamr
10-07-2002, 04:01 PM
I just heard on the news....another innocent person has got shot....... a 13 year old boy... They said they don't know if it's related to the shottings lately. This is just sickening. Another reason i am ashamed of my "breed"....Human.

Kfamr
10-07-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by sammi
Not again

I heard on TV that a 13 year old boy was shot this am by his school - not sure what part of that area tho:( anyone hear more?

Maryland.

NoahsMommy
10-07-2002, 04:10 PM
Wow...you all stay safe.

People amaze me...it's so sad they have no regard for human life. :(

toughCookie
10-07-2002, 04:39 PM
geeze how scary! I had heard of it in Washington, but not there, and I watch the news, guess I better watch more of it!
be careful. it is a sad state to have to be scared of going outside, you are right. sometimes I just wonder what is happening to this world!

mugsy
10-07-2002, 05:07 PM
There is now speculation that it may be a terrorist act...God will this insanity ever stop? The last I heard the little boy is still alive.

Nomilynn
10-08-2002, 01:04 AM
I just heard about this on the news too... I think the boy passed on. How sad :( :( I agree.. will this EVER stop!!

lbaker
10-08-2002, 06:27 AM
the boy is alive but critical as of this a.m. Dr's had to remove his pancreas (sp?) and the shot (one shot) also injured his spleen, stomach, diaphram and nicked part of his lung. Dr's are encouraged after last night though, that he is holding his own. Still no word on any progress of catching this monster or even knowing of a suspect. But then I'm sure they are not letting the press know all they know (for good reasons I'm sure). As police chief Moose - of Montgomery County MD where the first 5 killings took place - said..."now it's personal". nuff said Laurie

HoRsELUvR
10-08-2002, 03:57 PM
yeaterday a kid was shot at their school in MD,so they said that they would have police in all the schools,but they didnt in mine.when will they stop?!

ChrisH
10-08-2002, 04:55 PM
This is so terrible. :( Praying for you all to keep safe and these evil creatures are caught soon very very soon.

HoRsELUvR
10-09-2002, 08:19 AM
thanks Laurie.i hope this all stops soon.we have to stay locked inside the school and it's getting really annoying.i hope the boy stays alive,hes only my age!and i hope the sniper is caught soon.

turner
10-09-2002, 08:51 AM
I didn't realize you were so close to those shootings.

Keep safe and prayers going out to all!

What is this world coming to when people can't even go about their daily lives without being scared they might be shot for nothing!

Freckles
10-11-2002, 08:00 PM
I was hoping this thread would end, but it seems not. Please stay safe, everyone.

moosmom
10-11-2002, 08:03 PM
Ditto from Michigan! Stay safe everyone.

Nomilynn
10-11-2002, 08:14 PM
Prayers from BC too!!! I sure hope that the police are able to catch whoever is doing this SOON!! :(

mugsy
10-11-2002, 09:42 PM
This person(s) is/are getting REALLY brazen now...today's victim in Fredericksburg, VA (just 2 hours from my nephew in Charlottesville) was shot with a police officer across the street! He/she is asking to be caught at this point it sounds like. I hope everyone in the East is safe tonight...you're in my thoughts!

aly
10-11-2002, 10:11 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid35/p34f1ab45c747b28bc64ed84d2eb8c288/fd2d987a.gif

HoRsELUvR
10-14-2002, 07:48 PM
the Jennifer Short case does sound awful.We're still in code blue,trying to keep safe.I never heard about the Jennifer Short case before.thats scary.

turner
10-14-2002, 09:59 PM
I didn't catch where, but I just heard the snipper struck again! I hope they catch the person/people that are doing this soon!!! Keep safe everyone, please.

lbaker
10-15-2002, 05:46 AM
yes. again. last night just across the river in Fairfax VA. one shot to the head. woman killed. some witnesses this time but no luck catching this creature even after totally blocking all major roads in the area within minutes. horrible horrible horrible. and thank you especially my dear little ReeceMan & Lolly. I was awake all night but finally I smiled today.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-15-2002, 09:49 AM
The insanity must be stopped. Please know that our prayers are with all of you who live in that area. Please do everything you can to stay safe until this madman is caught.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Cookiebaker
10-15-2002, 10:02 AM
I can't even listen to the news anymore. This is so tragic...so many innocent people living in fear. :mad: I hope they catch the lunatics soon!

gini
10-15-2002, 03:35 PM
Laurie, please continue to be extra cautious when you are out and stay safe!!

I can only pray that they catch this person before anyone else is harmed. This is such a tragedy.

I am sure your nerves are a wreck! We are here for you.

aly
10-15-2002, 03:46 PM
The shooting last night is so sad. The woman who was killed ... her husband was standing next to her :(

lbaker
10-15-2002, 04:29 PM
I had to work late today...got here at 6:00 a.m. and it's now 5:26 p.m. My son said to call him when I leave so he can meet me at the bus stop. I don't think so. I would rather get off and quickly walk up my street alone than have him waiting on the corner alone for my bus to show up. ugh. ick. sh#$ I hate this. Laurie

sasvermont
10-15-2002, 05:01 PM
The lives of the folks around your area must be in such a state. I guess it is much like living in Israel - a constant chance that something may happen - something bad. I know there are lots of countries living under such conditions and I suppose we have been so spoiled by having such security.

Please stay safe lbaker and our prayers and thoughts with be with you as well as those who have lost their loved ones.

How horrible.

Karen
10-15-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
I had to work late today...got here at 6:00 a.m. and it's now 5:26 p.m. My son said to call him when I leave so he can meet me at the bus stop. I don't think so. I would rather get off and quickly walk up my street alone than have him waiting on the corner alone for my bus to show up. ugh. ick. sh#$ I hate this. Laurie

He could just circle the block, and save you some of the walk - stay safe, Laurie!

Pam
10-15-2002, 07:43 PM
Laurie stay safe! From what they are saying now they are feeling pretty good about catching this person. Maybe the next news we hear will be good for a change.

wolflady
10-16-2002, 03:23 PM
This is just horrible. I can't even imagine what kind of sick lunatic is doing this and why. It is so sad that the human race can be so heartless...to itself!! SICK! SICK! SICK! :mad: I hope and pray that this lunatic(s) is caught and pays the price for the evil that has been done. When will violence in the world stop?? It never results in anything good....I just wish it would all stop....:(

Everyone stay safe. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

anna_66
10-16-2002, 04:34 PM
I just keep putting off adding to this thread, hoping this sick person will be caught. But, no such luck yet, so please everyone keep on your toes & be careful. Hopefully this lunatic/s will be caught very soon. Your all in my thoughts & prayers.
Anna

HoRsELUvR
10-20-2002, 04:47 PM
almost every day we hear about new shootings.we are in code blue at school and having all the gym classes inside is getting frustrating.when will the person get caught!

wolflady
10-21-2002, 12:48 PM
I saw on the news this morning that 2 people were taken into custody and a white van was also taken from a gas station. At the time I saw it on the news, they weren't calling these 2 men suspects, but rather...people of interest. Has anyone heard anything else since then? I certainly hope these are the people and that they get the punishment they so much deserve!!!! Also, I wish the people in that area to be able to sleep peacefully tonight knowing (hoping) that the horrible snipers are caught!

ChrisH
10-21-2002, 12:58 PM
This is the latest we have

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2346921.stm

I pray they do have the ones responsible and the nightmare ends now.

aly
10-21-2002, 01:50 PM
The sniper(s) left a phone number with their latest victim on Saturday and the police sent a message that they want the sniper to call them at that number. I have an awful feeling the people taken into custody aren't the snipers, but I HOPE AND PRAY they are and that this will stop.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-21-2002, 03:10 PM
I've been watching this on tv today. CNN is now saying that the two taken into custody are not related to the sniper. I don't know if they know that for sure or are just guessing. They say they are 'undocumented foreign nationals' and are unrelated to the shootings. I sure hope that they catch WHOEVER it is soon!!!

Pam
10-22-2002, 06:11 AM
Oh my! Another shooting this morning and this happening just after we almost thought we had this person yesterday. Pray hard everyone that the police can find him. This is just awful. I can't imagine how frustrated law enforcement officials must feel and how terrified the Maryland/Virginia residents must be! Pray hard!

sammi
10-22-2002, 11:31 AM
Is this ever going to stop? We need lots of prayers and positive thoughts that the person or persons are caught. My husband's brother lives in Fredricksburg, Va. with a son in school and she is a teacher. It is hard for people who live in that area to describe how they feel. Stay safe Laurie.

Dakota's Mommy
10-22-2002, 03:12 PM
I also saw about the shooting the morning before I left the house for work! My husband and I are in shock. We can't believe that some guy is out there and the police haven't found him yet. I agree, we all need to pray hard that they get this guy off the street ASAP! We can't let this guy hurt any more people.

anna_66
10-22-2002, 03:44 PM
Did any of you see the special breaking news just now?
The sniper/s say "your children are not safe anywhere, anytime".
Will this never end? I hope they find who's doing this & soon.
Everyone be safe.

delidog
10-24-2002, 05:45 AM
Did you see that they arrested a father/son team???? john muhammedA.K.A. williams.....
they are still doing interviews....i hope that this is finally over!!!!:mad: :( :mad:

anna_66
10-24-2002, 06:09 AM
That's wonderful to hear! A father/son team? Who would have imagined?

lbaker
10-24-2002, 06:17 AM
Still waiting for a Federal search warrent to check the car...they don't want to blow it now by not dotting the i's or crossing the t's. We all know what they are hoping to find in that car... hope's are up but caution is still the key word here.
Laurie

Pam
10-24-2002, 06:32 AM
I think the way this played out was an answer to prayer. These men were sleeping and I guess didn't know they were being searched for. Had they been awake, it could have been a violent/nasty arrest. Thank you God! :)

Dakota's Mommy
10-24-2002, 07:59 AM
Let's just pray that these really are the people doing this. I know we all want this to be over, but if the wrong guys are arrested and the case is thought to be done, how are we going to get the real attackers. I know I pray that this is the end. I can't imagine how scary it is to be living in that area right now.

mugsy
10-24-2002, 08:49 AM
The way the press botched this whole thing, I am not holding my breath until they actually figure it all out. I, too, hope these morons are the ones who did all this. My question is why are there only 6 counts of first degree murder when they killed 11 people? I'm confused.

lbaker
10-24-2002, 08:55 AM
Ballistic reports on the other's can't absolutely confirm the connection with the same rifle. Doesn't mean they can't be connected later, just that for now they have to just start with what can be confirmed.

Freckles
10-24-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by mugsy
My question is why are there only 6 counts of first degree murder when they killed 11 people? I'm confused.

These charges are from the liquor store shooting in Alabama. But it's looking like there'll be a lot added on later.

wolflady
10-24-2002, 12:01 PM
Jeesh, I certainly hope these are the 2 monsters and they get their just punishment! I can't even imagine why they would do all these horrible things for no reason. I just don't understand the evil that lurks in the mind of man.....:(

momoffuzzyfaces
10-24-2002, 01:07 PM
They are saying there was a gun found in the car and the police are sure they have the two snipers. I pray no one tries to copy them and this is really over for everyone.

aly
10-24-2002, 01:43 PM
The stepson is only 17 years old. That is baffling to me.

I have hopeful feelings that these are the guys who have been doing this. I pray no more innocent lives are taken.

HoRsELUvR
10-25-2002, 03:44 PM
yay!school is back to normal again.i really hope this is all over because i can not stand another day locked inside the school.we finally got to have classes in the portables again.it makes things a lot easier.

HoneyBunny
10-25-2002, 03:45 PM
I'm so happy this is over and you guys can back to your normal routine. That was a terrible ordeal!