PDA

View Full Version : Jasper's story

jenluckenbach
10-04-2002, 06:15 AM
Back in 1998 when I only had 6 kitties, one of my customers from the pet grooming salon came in, crying her eyes out. Her beautifyul silver and white persian of 12 years had to find a new home. (husband-to-be was allergic). Well it was probably my favorite client (the cat, Zachary) so I told her, "Don't worry, I'll take Zack". She was relieved, but still torn. She thought about it for a month and decided she couldn't do it. (husband-to-be just had to adjust!) Good for her, good for Zack and good for me....or so you'd think! Well, I had gotten used to the idea that I was going to get another kitty. My husband had adjusted to the idea also, and I could not pass up the chance. So off I went....
Now we have quite a few shelters in this area, 2 local humane societies (the kill type) and numerous no-kill organizations. A lot of their adoption days and other activities are on a Saturday, though, and I work. So I was having a tough time hooking up with an organizaion to get a look at their cats. I was frustrated!!! It seemed every time I made plans to view a cat, something got in my way (Had to work unexpectedly, not available at the scheduled meeting time, even so much as the humane society putting a ban on cat adoptions due to an URI out break). My efforts were doomed.:(
Then one day, while at my vet's, and talking with the recepionist/tech, Gloria, I mentioned I was looking for a new cat. I described the "perfect cat" which at the time was - black, long-haired, male- When I arrived home that very minute my telephone was ringing. It was Gloria, saying "guess what I have in my hands right now??? A 3 month old, black, semi-longhaired male kitten who is in need of a home". Fate????? I don't think so. Someone out there knew this cat was waiting for me, and they just had to hold me off long enough for him to arrive. :) The rest is history.
Thanks for listening.

Logan
10-04-2002, 07:06 AM
What a great story!!!!! I'm so glad Jasper found you!!! :D

Cataholic
10-04-2002, 08:18 AM
OH, what a wonderful story to pick me up! Fate? Karma? Call it what you like.....it was in your home that Jasper was meant to be! Thanks for totally brightening my day with your story ;)

Randi
10-04-2002, 09:17 AM
Call it what you like - you were meant for each other! :D I'm so happy yet another kitty had found a loving home! :)

Nomilynn
10-04-2002, 10:15 AM
what a wonderful story! :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-05-2002, 09:40 PM
What a great story with such a happy ending. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

jenluckenbach
10-10-2002, 06:26 AM
Now I guess that i Have to confess that Jasper is really a famous winged cat and is here hiding from his public!! HEE HEE

Vio&Juni
10-10-2002, 07:52 AM
Thanks for sharing!

krazyaboutkatz
10-10-2002, 11:14 AM
Jen, I think that Jasper looks a lot like my Pepper when he was a little bit younger and thinner. :)

jenluckenbach
10-10-2002, 02:50 PM
I also thought Jasper looks a lot like Prpper. But Jasper is definitely thin. We call him the feather, he's not small though, so he probably weighs 9.25 pounds. We always say "he's watching his girlish figure" HEE HEE

krazyaboutkatz
10-10-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I also thought Jasper looks a lot like Prpper. But Jasper is definitely thin. We call him the feather, he's not small though, so he probably weighs 9.25 pounds. We always say "he's watching his girlish figure" HEE HEE Well Pepper is about 17lbs now. :eek: He's very stocky and big boned. When he was sick last year he was down to 12lbs and this was way to thin for him because you could still feel his backbone. :( I think that his ideal weight is about 14-15lbs but I'm not complaining because I'd rather have him a little bit overweight and healthy than underweight and sickly.

Tina
10-11-2002, 09:37 PM
What a very wonderful story!! Thanks for sharing!!

moosmom
10-12-2002, 07:46 AM
Jen,

I have ALWAYS believed that things definitely happen for a reason! You got your little black kitty and I'm getting my Boo-Boo Kitty today too! Great story!

jenluckenbach
01-15-2004, 05:55 AM
A shameless BUMP :o

Barbara
01-15-2004, 07:50 AM
Jasper, the kitty which kept the higher powers busy: they had to make sure you waited for him:D

ChrisH
01-18-2004, 03:01 PM
How wonderful, there he was, just waiting for you to find him. :)Oh, how Jasper was so meant to be yours. :D

Steffi N
01-19-2004, 05:30 PM
After all that waiting and frustration you were happyily united with the cat meant just for you. What a nice story.

rg_girlca
01-19-2004, 06:40 PM
Good things come to those who wait and look what you got out of it Jen. One beautiful cat named Jasper.
I'm glad you decided to bump up these story's of your babies, as they make some good reading.
Thank you.:)

IttyBittyKitty
01-20-2004, 03:48 AM
And isn't your long haired black boy a BEAUTY?!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
01-20-2004, 05:36 AM
Definately a match made in heaven! Little Jasper REALLY lucked out!!!

I got a kick out of the way this story started "when I ONLY had 6 " - most of us can't even dream of having so many cats. ;)

CatDad
01-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Lorraine I was going to say that.;) Anyway it is true.

What a great kitty and a marvelous story.:)