PDA

View Full Version : Zippy-Kat's K'Cee Kitty Get Well Soon Thread

Cinder & Smoke
09-08-2009, 09:22 PM
K'Cee Kitty - that lil FurrBall who's the Darling of
Long Time New Mexican Tonya (Zippy-Kat) - has
a Kidney condition that is very serious and needs
round-the-clock PT Purrayers ...

Hence this new K'Cee Kitty PT Purrayer Thread.

Here's a few recaps of recent events >>>

I could really use some prayers. My dearest K'Cee is in kidney failure.
She's been in the hospital since Saturday.
They are going to rerun tests this morning and I'm anxious
yet dreading the news.

I keep reminding myself, "Faith of a mustard seed" ...
but what if that's not enough?

I am terrified and heartsick.

Dear Zippy-Kat ~

I hope you've been feeling the :love:, {{{Hugs}}} and Purrayers that
have been sent towards New Missico since we heard of K'Cee's illness.

We're all sending Purrayers and Good Vibes to K'Cee ...
Please God, give her the will to jump-start those lil Kidneys to do their thing.

We're With You all the way, Tonya ...

With LOTS of :love: :love: :love: and {{{Hugs}}}

THANK YOU, GOD!
Thank you guys, too.

I got a call from the vet this morning saying that they'd re-run the bloodwork
and all her levels are back down to NORMAL.
(Saturday, the BUN wouldn't even register because it was so high.)
He said that she was "amazing us."
I asked if he could estimate what percentage of kidneys were working;
best guess --without testing-- would be at least 50% because of the normal results.
He prescribed two medicines (if I understood right, there's three technically,
but he's waiting on one to come in) to take twice daily;
basically they are internal dialysis.
(Thank God she's easy to medicate!)

The next hurdle is 10 days of "wait and see" ...
next Friday (the 18th), they will re-run bloodwork to see
if the medicines will maintain her body.
That's going to be a LONG 10 days.

Thank you guys again!

I am jumping up and down with this news -
it is so much better than your original news.
Prayers will continue for sure.........but the doctor is right - she is "amazing"..............and well loved!

Let the Pet Talk Purrayers continue to do their Magic!

Cinder & Smoke
09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
"Swamp Kat" >>>

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/kceegrass07.jpg

Her Royal Majesty >>>

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/kcee_po_00.jpg

K'Cee >>>

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/kcee-1.jpg

OK ... now let's all Send a Purrayer.

;)

Get Better Quick, K'Cee!

Pinot's Mom
09-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Purrayers and paws crossed!:love:

Pinot-girl and Mom...

Catty1
09-08-2009, 10:17 PM
BIG PRAYERS for beautiful K'Cee! :love::love::love: She turned 7 years old on August 31st. Just a young 'un!:love::love:

I just loved those pics of her with her new little sister! :D

"Stop Following Me!" Part 1: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=142442&highlight=K%27Cee

"Stop Following Me!" Part 2: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=143160&highlight=K%27Cee

Edwina's Secretary
09-08-2009, 10:38 PM
:love:Warm, warm get well wishes from your kittygodmother...:love:

Edwina

Prairie Purrs
09-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Keep getting better, K'Cee! Lots of healing thoughts are headed your way.

krazyaboutkatz
09-09-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that K'Cee has been so sick.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

katladyd
09-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Good thoughts headed your way K'Cee! I hope you are okay and the meds take care of everything.:love:

Barbara
09-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Sending all my best wishes for K'Cee. I know that with kidney failure it can be very fast and fatal- but there is also a chance it is a crisis- dehydration and maybe an overlying infection. If K'Cee overcomes this there is good chance you will have her with you for a long time.

Cinder & Smoke
09-09-2009, 08:32 AM
... prayers for K'Cee's appetite to increase?
She ate more at the vet than she is eating at home.

After lunch, I'm off to the store to try and pick up anything she might eat.

Thanks,
A worry wart

Mom's *worry* ... 's OK! ;)

Maybe pick up some fresh "Mouse Bits" at the deli -
then BBQ them on the grill.

:)

gini
09-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Oh Miz K'Cee - the pride and joy of your Mom, ZippieKat. Best companion, giver of comfort and love - we all pray that you will respond to the medications and that you will have a long life ahead of you. You are just too special to lose at such a young age.

Many hugs go out to both of you.:love::love:

momcat
09-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Many prayers are on the way :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-09-2009, 12:48 PM
K'Cee you have tons and tons of prayers heading your way, for your mom too!!! Take your meds like the good girl we know you are!!! Feel better soon, sweetie!!! :love::love:

catmandu
09-09-2009, 04:52 PM
The Found Cats are all sending Prayers and Scrappy 2 is supervising the grilling of a Sirloin Steak, and she will share with K'Cee tonight and Juke Joint Joseph will share his White Fish with such a Wonderful Cat!!!
:cool::cool:
Prayers from All The Found Cats , Porch Cats , Saved Cats and Angels:):):)

cassiesmom
09-09-2009, 09:57 PM
K'Cee, you are a very beautiful lady. I love your pink nosie. Big purrayers for you and your meowmie. Thank you to C&S for starting this thread.

Cinder & Smoke
09-10-2009, 09:29 PM
:love:

We need a LOTTA Pet Talk Purrayers for K'Cee and Mom / Tonya ...

As of Thursday afternoon,, K'Cee was back in the Hospital. :(

I've had no further word on her condition.

Please, send some Prayers and Good Vibes.

Freckles
09-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Done

slick
09-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Purrayers on the way from Max and me Zippy.:love:

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( She remains in my thoughts and prayers.

catlady1945
09-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Get well, K'Cee. Such a pretty cat.

anna_66
09-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Prayers headed your way.

zippy-kat
09-11-2009, 08:29 AM
As of Thursday afternoon,, K'Cee was back in the Hospital. :(

I've had no further word on her condition.

Please, send some Prayers and Good Vibes.

Thanks, guys. I actually didn't know this thread existed. I don't have internet at home anymore and rarely get on PT when I do have access. Anyway... short version:

I got K'Cee to eat twice on Wednesday night, around 3am on Thurs, and I'm pretty sure she ate at least a few nibbles by herself sometime between then. But at around 5.00am, I saw her to go the box three times and strain to pee. (She's a fussy cat, one end of the box is for peeing, the other end for pooping.... so I definitely know she was trying to pee.)

Hauled her into the vet about 9.00 and they were going to do blood work, just to check. The blood work came back normal so they did an xray.... which, as of closing time, was "stuck somewhere in the wall between the machine and my computer." (His xrays are electronic.)

They kept her overnight and on an IV just to make sure she was well hydrated. (Also because she threw up while she was there but I really feel that was stress related.) He was going to get a urinalysis, too.

He's suppose to call with the xray results ASAP. (Tech support wasn't answering/returning calls last evening.) They open in about 6min so hopefully I will hear something soon.

{Thank you guys for thinking of us.}

Anikaca77
09-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Prays are coming big time! I hope she feels better soon.

Take care and hugs coming!
Melissa

momoffuzzyfaces
09-11-2009, 12:50 PM
More prayers on the way from me for you both too! :love::love:

Barbara
09-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Zippy- thanks for coming over. Keeping paws crossed for K'Cee. It sounds more like a complicated UTI. This on top of kidney problems can really create a crisis- but it can be overcome.

jennielynn1970
09-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out for you, Tonya, and for K'Cee.

Hugs, Jennie

Karen
09-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Still thinking of you K-Cee! Feel better soon!

zippy-kat
09-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Zippy- thanks for coming over. Keeping paws crossed for K'Cee. It sounds more like a complicated UTI. This on top of kidney problems can really create a crisis- but it can be overcome.

Yep, we have a UTI on top of everything else. I'm thankful it's just that and not a stone or additional kidney problems.

The Pretty, Pretty Princess got to come home about 11am. It was a quick drop off (I had to take an early lunch break to go get her) but she had her nose in the food bowl when I left. :love:

Another medicine to the list.... she may be easy to medicate but she REALLY hates it.

Cinder & Smoke
09-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Yep, we have a UTI on top of everything else.
I'm thankful it's just that and not a stone or additional kidney problems.

The Pretty, Pretty Princess got to come home about 11am.
... she had her nose in the food bowl when I left. :love:

THANKS, God !!! ;)

UTI's we can *fix*.

We'll keep the Repair Purrayers on the schedule till we hear the 'all clear'.

(Do we have a 'Fix da Kitty' fund established yet? ... Let us know, please.)

Give her some PT *Skritches* when you get home. ;)

phesina
09-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Prayers and good healing wishes for K'Cee AND her mom!

wolf_Q
09-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Thinking of you and k'cee - I hope she'll be feeling better and back to her old self soon! {{hugs}} to you both!

gini
09-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Please plant plenty of kisses on that sweet girl's head for me.

She has a job to do - so we need her to stick around for a while and do it.

Cause she is so well loved............

katladyd
09-12-2009, 12:52 AM
I hope your pretty girl feels better very quickly! :)

zippy-kat
09-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Thank you for the continued well-wishes, we definitely need them.

I think I forgot to mention that the vet was extremely pleased with her blood work. He said that he gets scared when CRF cats come back within 3 days of their diagnosis. But her blood work was all within normal range so he is quite hopeful that this is just a bump in the road.

Yesterday, Kissiekat ate quite a bit between when I dropped her off and when I got home from work. She didn't eat too much for me after that, though I did hear her eating early this morning. The downside of this is that she is only eating Friskies. I told the vet this and he pleaded with me to get her off of it (apparently it and Walmart's Special Kitty are two foods that quickly lead to urinary stones) but when it's hunger strike or Friskies, which do you chose? (And believe me, I have tried -- I have about $75 worth of untouched catfood in my kitchen.)

For most of her life, I've fed her holistic high-quality food, so I can only liken this to a little kid that has never had sugar then gets to school and has M&Ms. (ie "YEAHHHH! JUNK FOOOODDDD!!") :rolleyes:

___
I refuse to be negative around her so when things get too much or I need a crying spell, I leave. She's very in-tune with me and I don't want her suffering from any of the stress I'm feeling. We don't even call the medicines medicines, they are "Princess Potions." :rolleyes: (Hey, I never claimed to be fully sane. lol)

Anyways, it's off to buy more catfood (that will probably go un-eaten *sigh*).

Thank you guys, again, for your well wishes and concerns. It's amazing how many people will pray for one small cat that they don't even know. :love:

Cinder & Smoke
09-12-2009, 11:38 AM
... but when it's hunger strike or Friskies, which do you chose?
(And believe me, I have tried --
I have about $75 worth of untouched catfood in my kitchen.)

Anyways, it's off to buy more catfood (that will probably go un-eaten *sigh*).

It's amazing how many people will pray for one small cat
that they don't even know. :love:

Junque Food Rules! ;)

It's not amazing ...
most of us have known The Pricess almost as long as you have!

Anyway - Furriends Puray fur Furriends!

:love: & {{{Hugs}}}

slick
09-12-2009, 01:17 PM
"Princess Potions." Oh KissieKat/Zippy, forgive me for laughing....... it's so fitting, isn't it??? :D

I'm glad to hear that her bloodwork is good. As I've said in other threads, every little milestone is cause for celebration. As an owner of a 17 yr old CRF cat myself, I give Max anything he wants - anything. His favourite is Fancy Feast Chicken and Liver flavour. It may not be high quality but it's got water in it which he needs as he won't tolerate me giving him fluids.

Purrayers on the way. I'd ask you to give KissieKat a kiss from me, but as I bow down I admit I am not worthy. ;)

Taz_Zoee
09-12-2009, 01:19 PM
I am just seeing this thread. Don't know how I missed it. But I am glad to hear she is doing better. Thank goodness it was something that was easily fixable. And I hope her kidney numbers remain at a good level. :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Tonya & K'Cee,
I'm glad to hear that things are getting better.:) At least a UTI is treatable even though it can be painful. Have you ever tried Innova Evo canned or dry? My cats all love it and I do have two finicky cats,Sunny and Pearl. Storm is prone to UTI's since he had to have the PU surgery and since he's been on this food he hasn't had any more problems. I do make sure that he gets plenty of canned food with some extra water mixed in it too.

Maybe the Princess would like a kitty fountain to drink from. I've also tried this but Sunny would rather play in it than drink from it. I hope that K'Cee recovers quickly and will start eating the other foods that you have for her. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

P.S. Since my cats know the word treat, I call their pills treat pills. It works every time.;)

Cinder & Smoke
09-12-2009, 03:52 PM
I have about $75 worth of untouched cat food in my kitchen ...

Well ...

* Take the rejected Krunchie Stuff out to Summer - convince her it's a TREAT
. . . and it otta disappear purdy quick.

* Try the WET Stuff on the Dawgs - be sure to serve in a KAT bowl ...

* Alternate disposal of the WET Stuff:

--- Mix with a LOTTA Heinz Chili Sauce
--- Add some minced Peppers
--- Warm & serve on a sammich bun
--- DON'T Look and DON'T read the can while eating
--- Take very small Bytes
** Put it out on the front steps as a wildlife repellent.

:D

Vermontcat
09-12-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry I didn't see this thread until now.
I hope that sweet K'Cee feels better soon.
Give her some get well soon hugs and kisses from me.:love:

katladyd
09-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Your vet is right about Friskies, my cats love Purina One. My vet likes it and it's not expensive! I am with Slick on the Fancy Feast Chicken and Liver flavor. My cats looove this!!! It also contains a good deal of liquid which keeps my vet happy and my FLUTD cat healthy!

Medusa
09-13-2009, 05:49 AM
I'm very late to see this thread. I sure do hope that all turns out well for K'Cee quickly, easily and in peace. Keep the faythe. :love:

Barbara
09-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Thank you guys, again, for your well wishes and concerns. It's amazing how many people will pray for one small cat that they don't even know. :love:

It's simply not true that we don't know here. I know many kitties here for a long time and I know more about their purrsonality and character than about the cats of some friends whom I do not see that often;)
And here I know that everyone feels exactly like I do about their kitties.

Filou survives now 4 years of CRF and we rather do not follow any diet anymore. It is extremely important that he doesn't lose weight and so he gets his favorite food. I am glad to say that Royal Canin Renal dry food is among his favorites - but with all the other food it changes. He now likes a German organic food called Yarrah- but this may change next week.

In general, cat food shouldn't contain any veggie parts, so if you feed the cat food to dogs it is better to mix it with some flakes. But dogs being the vacuum cleaners they are will love it;)

catlady1945
09-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Ha, I can identify with a cat only wanting bad catfood. My Louis is 19 and skinny as a rake. He will only eat Whiskas in a pouch. It was only pate for a while now he will eat the bites type. Luckily his 20 year old "sister" will eat anything, so it doesn't go to waste.

All the best to K'Cee, hope she has a complete recovery.

Randi
09-13-2009, 10:16 AM
I also missed this earlier.

I'm sending lots of positive thoughts to K'Cee for a full recovery. It's good to hear the vet was pleased with her bloodwork. :) I hope K'Cee will keep eating, even if it's "junk" food - she has to build up her stamina.

Give her some kisses from me and Fister. :love:

zippy-kat
09-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Thought you guys might like a laugh...

I have always sang to my animals. Always. And especially to my horse if she's antsy while I'm in the saddle. (I've found it's hard to be nervous and sing at the same time. Unless, of course, you're on the verge of a rodeo and the only song you can think of is "Giddy up Jingle Horse, pick up your feet!" I digress....)

Miss Hiss really doesn't like her clavamox (UTI antibiotic) AT ALL and has become quite vocal about it. So, in the spirit of positivity, we developed a new song (to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It"):

Here's your Princess Potion,
Drink it down.
Drink it down.
If you take it with some grace
It won't end up on your face.
So here's your Princess Potion,
Drink it down!

There are several variations of this... one for food ("If you're hungry and you know it/Eat your food..."), one for water ("If you're thirsty and you know it/Drink your water..."), and a general catch all ("If you're happy and you know it/Say "Meow, meow!"). Sanity. So highly over-rated! :rolleyes:

We've had a fabulous morning! She's almost back to the "normal" Kissiekat, save she's not eating as much (but she IS eating!) so she's pretty thin underneath all that fluff and she's not as energetic. That said, we did play a little bit -- that's the first that that's happened in a few days. :love:

I haven't posted any pictures recently. Here's a couple from this morning.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/kcee_02-2.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/kcee_03-1.jpg

Thank you for your continued prayers!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-13-2009, 01:16 PM
:D I LOVE the songs!!! I may have to steal them for my babies.

Great pics of Miss Hiss! Please deliver a big kiss :love: on her sweet head from me!!! Lots of prayers still on the way!!! :love:

Cinder & Smoke
09-13-2009, 01:23 PM
I have always sang to my animals. Always. ...

Miss Hiss really doesn't like her clavamox ...
So, in the spirit of positivity, we developed a new song ...

Drink it down.
Drink it down.
If you take it with some grace
It won't end up on your face.
So here's your Princess Potion,
Drink it down!

Sanity. So highly over-rated! :rolleyes:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/kcee_02-2.jpg

Thank you for your continued prayers!

:rolleyes:
What we won't do for our FurKids.

:) Sounds like you're BOTH feeling a LOT Better!
Give KissieKat a gentle *smootch* on her snooter (use appropriate caution)
and take a Bigg {{{Hug}}} for yourself.

:love: :love:

shais_mom
09-13-2009, 03:28 PM
much love and prayers on the way..

Bengalz
09-13-2009, 04:47 PM
It's so hard being the purrfect princess and keeping all your subjects on their toes in spite of feeling a bit under the weather :eek: Oh the things we must endure:rolleyes:

You're looking gorgeous KC and so glad to hear everything is on the mend. Indulge your mama - she really is giving you all her best sweetie.

Hugs and healing thoughts to you and your mama little one:love:

slick
09-13-2009, 07:03 PM
:D:D:D Oh Tonya......you are one of a kind....that's why I wuv you so much!!!!! :love::love: I just sang the song and could visualize.....:D:D

I'm so happy that KissieKat is making her way back to normal - whatever that is! I do notice though that her collar is red - shouldn't she be adorned with a pretty pink one or does she have an array of colours to be worn according to her preference that day????

Kisses to you pretty Princess. Continue to get better and for God's sake - eat more!!! ;)

zippy-kat
09-13-2009, 07:31 PM
I do notice though that her collar is red - shouldn't she be adorned with a pretty pink one or does she have an array of colours to be worn according to her preference that day????

Actually in person, it's a rosey-pink. But yes, we do have an array of collars ( :o ) ... all in a some form of pink.

She really hasn't ate much today. I know the vet said to expect it but it's still worrisome. She used to hang about 13lbs... she's done to about 9lbs. (I asked how low was too low; the vet said he didn't want to see her below 6lbs.)

I picked up a bag of Purina One (thanks for the recommendation) and it's "tolerable." I still get the "I want the junk food" look but she will nibble at it. I took the Friskies completely away last night. Now, she's bouncing between Purina One, Nutro, and The GoodLife Recipe. I bought some chicken liver but really don't expect her to eat it; the only people food she'll eat is popcorn and, occasionally, cheerios. (No hamburger, no steak, no chicken breast.... the girl is PICKY!)

Thanks again... will check in sometime soon.

cassiesmom
09-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Oh, beautiful K'Cee! Please eat so you can Get Well!

krazyaboutkatz
09-14-2009, 12:03 PM
She's looking great even though she's still not quite back to normal yet. More prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

zippy-kat
09-15-2009, 08:11 PM
I woke up at 3.30am humming the "If You're Happy and You Know It, Clap Your Hands" tune. :rolleyes:
I did not clap.

K'Cee continues to act "normal" but she really, really needs to eat more. Yesterday, she hardly ate at all. This afternoon, I got her to eat a fair amount of Nutro by hand feeding her but it's still a ways away from the amount I think she should be eating.

Boiled chicken breast is a no go. Boiled chicken liver is a no go. (Broth off of either is a no go.) Canned/soft cat food of any type is a no go. Baby food (chicken) worked once but not since. She doesn't "do" beef or fish, period, so I haven't even tried. Still looking for a local place that sells Innova.

Any other suggestions? I'm at my wit's end.

Medusa
09-15-2009, 08:18 PM
How about a little bit of cooked elbow macaroni w/chicken baby food mixed in? This is what my old vet had me feed Puddy when she wouldn't eat and it worked at least for a little while. Good luck w/this. I know how exasperating it can be. :love:

zippy-kat
09-15-2009, 08:23 PM
How about a little bit of cooked elbow macaroni w/chicken baby food mixed in? This is what my old vet had me feed Puddy when she wouldn't eat and it worked at least for a little while. Good luck w/this. I know how exasperating it can be. :love:

*thumbs up*
I will try this! And that reminds me that I haven't tried rice, either.

Thanks!:love:

Cinder & Smoke
09-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Still looking for a local place that sells Innova.

HEY - Innova can be had ...

The guy in the Big Brown Truck will bring it to ya.

What Flavour / Type / Recipe does she like?

;)

zippy-kat
09-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks, Phred but ... what I'm wondering is if a local carrier would have samples that I could "try before I buy" to make sure she will eat it.

krazyaboutkatz
09-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear that she's not eating very well.:( I know that you probably don't want to have to give her any more meds but you might want to ask your vet about giving her vitamin B-12 injections.

When my Ziggy stopped eating due to pancreatitis, the vet on call recommended that she get vitamin B-12 shots to help increase her appetite. They sure did work well. I didn't have to keep bringing her in for the shots because I was able to do them at home. I gave them once a week for about 6weeks. Now she's still doing well and has gained back all of the weight that she lost.:)

I sure hope that you'll be able to find something that she'll love to eat. I'll continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

zippy-kat
09-18-2009, 08:22 AM
The vet called me yesterday afternoon to let me know that the additional testing on the urine came back and my poor Kissiekat has a pretty severe presence of Ecoli in her system. :eek: As the vet said, "she's really had the wind knocked out of her little body." So, it's another week of antibiotics just to make sure the infection gets wiped out...

On the flip side of this, she was acting (and eating!) better yesterday. I don't know what it was but last evening/night she looked awesome. :love:

This morning she wasn't as active but I think it's because she was cold. Hopefully as the day goes on, she'll perk up.

Cinder & Smoke
09-18-2009, 08:39 AM
:eek: As the vet said, "she's really had the wind knocked out of her little body."

But she keeps on *tickin*! ;)

THANKS, God!
'Treatable' we can fix.

Looking 'awesome' is part of Feelin Better. :)

:love: & {{{Hugs}}} to All

Randi
09-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Tonya, have you tried giving her Royal Canin's Sensitive? It's for cats up to 10 years old, but Fister loves it. I give it as treats. :p

Sending lots of hungry thoughts that she'll start eating more - and kisses. :love:

Lori Jordan
09-18-2009, 09:25 AM
K'Cee is BEAUTIFUL,I wish you both the best on the Journey,She is a fighter!

catmandu
09-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Our Animal Angels are with K'Cee Kitty , encoraging her and bringing her treats and the warmth of the Mediterrean.:love::love:
We are praying that K'Cees home and Happy Very Soon!!:love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
09-18-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm sorry to hear the latest news but at least it's treatable. Hopefully she'll recover quickly and feel better soon.

Pinot's Mom
09-18-2009, 11:56 AM
K'Cee, you eat & drink now, and be a good little princess. You've got some bad stuff in your tummy that needs to come out! If you eat & take your meds it'll come out faster!!;)

Glad this is something temporary!!

katladyd
09-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Treatable is good, very good! I hope K'Cee rebounds very quickly!:love:

phesina
09-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Prayers and loving good wishes for K'Cee to keep eating and get better!

I lit a candle, too: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9196390

Cinder & Smoke
09-24-2009, 01:52 PM

I had a nice chat with K'Cee's Mom (Zippy-Kat / Tonya) last night,
Wednesday, September 23, 2009.

In general, Ms KissieKat has recovered quite well from most of the serious
illness symptoms she was displaying. She's quite alert, plays with her toys ,
enjoys laser-light tag most every night, uses the littterbox successfully,
and even *eats* a byte or two every day! Her "diet" leaves a bit to be
desired - the Vet-disapproved 'Friskies' are cosumed as much as the
"Other Dish" which holds the day's Featured Specialty - any one of the
dozens of previously rejected krunchies that are in stock. All manner of
human and or baby foods have been tried and rejected.

The current concern is the frequent :eek: *Urk & Gurks* that toss up
hair balls,
partially digested food, AND the last dose of "Princess Potion" that was given. :(
Tonya has tried several variations of medicine timing and medicine combinations -
so far no reason noted for when she decides to toss her cookies. :(
The Vet is going to be asked to suggest a tummy-soothing potion like Pepto-Bismol
that might keep her tummy settled.

Overall, the Little Princess IS feeling better ... there's just a few
'little details' that need to be ironed out.

PT Purrayers are still needed and greatly appreciated!!

Karen
09-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Poor KC - ain't no fun gurkin' up yer dinner. Prayers still being said!

Catty1
09-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Awww...glad there is progress made! Maybe the pepto will help, it has helped other kitties.

Would some hairball formula help at all? Maybe ask the vet.

HUGS to our precious Princess!:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Prayers and luvies still going for Kissie Cat and Tonya too! :love:

orangemm
09-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Lots of prayers going up for this brave little girl! What a beauty she is.:love::love:

K'Cee, sweetie, please try to eat for your meowmie; it will make both of you feel better!!

Gentle scritches for you...............:love::love::):)

allmycats
09-24-2009, 07:27 PM
poor kitty has been through so much, but thank God she is almost over it, and I'm so glad she's mostly feeling better. prayers that she continues to improve and completely recover. :)

Medusa
09-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Prayers continuing for K'Cee and you. Keep the faythe. :love:

cassiesmom
09-24-2009, 08:13 PM
More prayers and a candle
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9235128

jennielynn1970
09-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Lots of prayers going out for the sweet K'cee. Feel better soon sweetie!!

zippy-kat
09-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Her "diet" leaves a bit to be
desired - the Vet-disapproved 'Friskies' are cosumed as much as the
"Other Dish" which holds the day's Featured Specialty - any one of the
dozens of previously rejected krunchies that are in stock.

That's not quite correct. The Friskies disappeared shortly after the vet frowned upon them. Purina One is the "steady" bowl; the switch outs are Nutro, Innova, Solid Gold, and Good Life Recipe.

I think I've got the medicine timing and order down now... *knock on wood* we haven't had any upchucked food or meds the past 2 or 3 days.

Thank you guys for your continued prayers!

Cinder & Smoke
09-25-2009, 02:06 PM
That's not quite correct. :p
The Friskies disappeared shortly after the vet frowned upon them.

Purina One is the "steady" bowl;
the switch outs are Nutro, Innova, Solid Gold, and Good Life Recipe.

I think I've got the medicine timing and order down now...
*knock on wood*
we haven't had any upchucked food or meds the past 2 or 3 days.

WHAT!??
NO Friskies?? :eek:

No Wonder the Poor Kitty won't eat ... No Junque food being offered!

If you get caught - store the Purina One in the empty Friskies bag ---
be sure KissieKat is *watching* when you pour from the bag.

Glad she's Doin Better!! :love:

katladyd
09-26-2009, 12:17 AM
I had to start out feeding the Purina One mixed with the old junk food. It didn't take long before my boys preferred the Purina One over the junk. It's been almost a year, and they won't eat any dry I buy but the Purina One!

krazyaboutkatz
09-26-2009, 02:26 AM
I'm glad to hear that she's doing better.:) Now hopefully she'll start eating better and won't barf any more. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

katladyd
09-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Sending good thoughts K'Cee's way!

zippy-kat
09-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Miss Kiss is doing fabulous! You'd never believe it's the same cat from a few weeks ago. She runs, she plays, she's back to normal K'Cee sans about 4 lbs. She's eating better -- still not great but much much better.

Innova in a bowl isn't appealing but she will eat and eat and eat it as a treat. (Admittedly, it probably has something to do with handfeeding... a habit I'm trying not to get her hooked on.) Thank you, Tracey, for sending us a sample!

I have a friend who works at our vet office and she came over to pick me up for a girls' night last night... even she was impressed by the Kissiekat, saying how bright eyed, pretty coated, playful, and HAPPY TO BE HOME she was.

:love:Thank you again for all your prayers and well wishes. They continue to work! :love:

Cinder & Smoke
09-27-2009, 10:09 AM

THANKS, God!
This is the Good Word we've been waiting to hear >>>

Miss Kiss is doing fabulous!
You'd never believe it's the same cat from a few weeks ago.
She runs, she plays, she's back to normal K'Cee sans about 4 lbs.
She's eating better -- still not great but much much better.

Catty1
09-27-2009, 10:15 AM
GREAT NEWS!!!!

Thanks, God, for healing our Princess!:D

gini
09-27-2009, 11:24 AM
I can just hear your spirit soar in your post Tonya. Bless her heart - I am thrilled to hear she is doing so much better. Yup these Pet Talk prayers and some lighted candles do the trick!!

:love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-27-2009, 12:23 PM
So glad Miss Kiss is feeling better!!! :D Prayers will continue for you both! :love:

mrspunkysmom
09-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Glad to hear she is doing much better.

katladyd
09-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Your post made me very happy.:love:

krazyaboutkatz
09-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Miss Kiss is doing fabulous! You'd never believe it's the same cat from a few weeks ago. She runs, she plays, she's back to normal K'Cee sans about 4 lbs. She's eating better -- still not great but much much better.

Innova in a bowl isn't appealing but she will eat and eat and eat it as a treat. (Admittedly, it probably has something to do with handfeeding... a habit I'm trying not to get her hooked on.) Thank you, Tracey, for sending us a sample!

I'm so glad to hear that she's doing better and feeling better.:) You're very welcome. I'm just glad that she's eating some of the Innova Evo even if it is just as a treat.:) I hope that she'll continue to do well.:)

Medusa
09-28-2009, 10:24 AM
What wonderful news! Keep up the good work, both of you, and by all means continue to keep the faythe. :love:

Prairie Purrs
09-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Such happy news! So glad that K'Cee is back to her princess self.

zippy-kat
10-16-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm not jumping up and down for joy either. And maybe I should be, I just really thought I'd feel a big sense of relief and I don't. I feel exactly like before: worried, scared, and on edge. (But, considering her condition, I wonder if I'll ever feel anything else.)

Anyway, the condensed version:
When the problems first started and we went to the vet, K'Cee's BUN was so high the machine wouldn't register the number. The machine stops at 180 so the number could've been 181 or 200+, there's just no way of knowing. The creatinine was 14.8.

It was at this point that she was hospitalized and given fluids (among other things). The levels returned to normal ranges.

Today, a month and eleven days later, the BUN is 67 and the CRE is 4.4. Still high but at least 3x lower than what it was originally. We're hoping to get these numbers down even more through diet.

I'm not sure how to take this information. On one hand, she's a HELLUVA lot better than she was. On the other, it's still high (and apparently has gone up since her hospitalization). She acts GREAT although getting her to eat is still quite a feat. We were suppose to do a urinalysis today but someone :rolleyes: forgot to close the door to the utility room when she went to get her jeans out of the dryer and someone else slipped in and used the box... That said, the vet thinks the infection(s) have cleared up, judging by her WBC/RBC count.

The vet's comfortable maintaining at this point. We don't have to go back for 90 days (Dec 15th).

I'm very thankful that the Hissy Monster has returned to her normal self and that the numbers are so much better but if you wouldn't mind, we'd sure like a few prayers to get that BUN/CRE to the normal range.

Thanks for reading this and thank you, too, for the prayers.

slick
10-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Zippy - please do jump up and down!! This is exciting news!!!! I know the numbers aren't normal yet, but in time they will. Celebrate the baby steps, OK and while you are at it please allow me to give KissyFit a few nosie rubs and head kisses.......

Oh yes, and my prayers continue for this little Princess. Come on Kissy, please eat a bit more.....

{{{hugs}}} :love::love:

Cinder & Smoke
10-16-2009, 10:20 PM
The vet's comfortable maintaining at this point.
We don't have to go back for 90 days (Dec 15th).

I'm very thankful that the Hissy Monster has returned to her normal self
and that the numbers are so much better; but if you wouldn't mind,
we'd sure like a few prayers to get that BUN/CRE to the normal range.

Thanks for reading this and thank you, too, for the prayers.

We can do the Purrayer stuff ... sorta BEEN doin it!
We'll keep it up! ;)

As for wandering BUN/CRE numbers ... Kissie-Kat's in good company ...
MY numbers have been "bad" for years - Kidney Doc doesn't even *stress*
when they jump a few numbers ... "We're OK as long as they settle back down." :rolleyes:

As for the "unauthorized box use" ... :rolleyes: ~~~ I can relate!

I started to NOT carry Boots-da-Kat's 'home' box in the bus when we commuted
back & forth to work. Thank Heaven for RUBBER floor mats once or twice.
It got *dicey* on Test Daze when I needed an offering for Doc Mike.

We'd all (2 Dawgs, 1 Kat) run into the Shop and I'd park da Kat by the door;
DASH over to his Shop Box and try to quickly prepare the 'Sample Collection System' -
a clean sheet of Saran-Wrap spread over a lil depression in the sand.

The Plan always fell apart if he really had to GO - he'd jump in, assume the position,
and drain everything on the sand before I finished tearing off a Saran-Wrap piece.. :mad:

Ah yes - the Joys of a Kidney Kat! :)

Stay WELL, K'Cee!!

phesina
10-17-2009, 06:47 AM
Prayers for K'Cee.. that the BUN and CRE numbers come down to more normal levels.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Prayers still on the way here and will continue for you both. :love::love:

mrspunkysmom
10-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Not any real experience with kidney kitties' but I do hope K'Cee continues to improve.

krazyaboutkatz
10-18-2009, 03:31 AM
I hope that her levels will continue to improve and that she'll also start eating better for you. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

zippy-kat
11-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Just popping in to say, "HI, PT!"

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/PA304793.jpg

gini
11-01-2009, 10:37 AM
:love::love::love: for both of you!!

Catty1
11-01-2009, 10:39 AM
HELLO, PRETTY PRINCESS!

You are looking wonderful. :love::love::love:

I hope your new little sister is behaving herself. ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Just popping in to say, "HI, PT!"

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/PA304793.jpg

Now if this face doesn't make you smile, you are unconcious! :D :love::love:

Pinot's Mom
11-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Well, hello sweetie, how are you feeling? You look wonderful! Thanks for popping in!:)

zippy-kat
11-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Well, hello sweetie, how are you feeling?

Miss Kiss is feeling pretty good! We're on an anti-shed/furball supplement with lots of Omega 3s so her coat is super shiny & healthy right now. So far, it's been successful in slowing the furballs and thus keeping the nausea at bay. In turn, she's eating much much better (although I'd still like to see her increase it) and gained a little bit of weight.

I thought Miss Picky Pants would totally dismiss a kidney diet catfood but SHE LOVES IT! (Or at least she does this week... I'm not sure how long my fortune will hold. :rolleyes: )

Right now, she eats, she plays, and is a total love bug! We're happy and thankful!!!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/PA304822.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/PA304798.jpg

Cinder & Smoke
11-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I hope your new little sister is behaving herself. ;)

WHAT?????

Did I miss an announcement ????

:confused:

zippy-kat
11-01-2009, 01:49 PM
WHAT?????

Did I miss an announcement ????

I don't have any new cats. I think she was referring to Mom's cat, Grace.

Randi
11-01-2009, 02:12 PM
K'Cee, you look beautiful! I'm so glad to read the update, you sure look good now! :) Now keep eating that new food and you'll put on some more weight!

Can you please plant a kiss on her cute pink nose - and Fister sends headbumpies. :love:

momcat
11-01-2009, 02:20 PM
What a beautiful kitty girl you are! Groucho and I are still sending many prayers for you and your Meowmie. Keep eating, sweetie!

katladyd
11-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Oh, K'Cee, how beautiful you are! Just keep eating and putting on weight (am I saying this to a female?:eek:) Hugs and kissies coming from my house to you, kitty girl.

Cinder & Smoke
11-01-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't have any new cats.

I think she was referring to Mom's cat, Grace.

Ahhhhh-so! ;)

So how IS lil Grace "fitting in" with Syd?

phesina
11-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Gorgeous! So glad to hear how she's doing.

krazyaboutkatz
11-01-2009, 05:50 PM
She's such a beautiful cat and I'm glad to hear that she's eating a bit better and doing much better too.:) I hope that she'll continue to do well from now on. Please take care.

wolf_Q
11-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Glad to hear that K'Cee is doing better! She's SUCH a gorgeous girl!

shais_mom
11-02-2009, 01:12 AM
there's my gorgeous niece!
give her lots of love from Me!

Catty1
11-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Yes, I meant Grace. There was a hilarious series of pics with little Grace following the Princess everywhere, and the Princess was none too pleased! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Oh no! So sorry I missed out on sending prayers and good thoughts, but glad to hear PT prayers worked once again. Hope all continues to be well with our beautiful K'Cee!

zippy-kat
12-11-2009, 04:43 PM
On Tuesday we had a follow up vet appointment...

Her BUN came down an additional 28 points! We now sit at 39 which is 9 points away from (high) normal.

Her CRE came down an additional 2.8 points. It is now 1.6 and she IS normal on this front!

She weighed 10.2 lbs (a pound or two away from her "before" weight) and is *knock on wood* eating well. We are able to stop one of our medicines as soon as we run out of what we have. This makes me a bit nervous but my vet is pretty cautious about not losing any ground and that is reassuring. Our other medicine will be life long.

Overall, a GREAT report!!!
:love: We cried happy tears on the way home. :love:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/PB214865.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
12-11-2009, 04:46 PM
That's wonderful news!!! Please give Kissie Kat a few kisses from me, ok? :love::love: :D

lizbud
12-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Wow, I haven't seen Kcee's beautiful face in a long time.:) She is
still gorgeous. Those eyes are so amazing.:)

Cinder & Smoke
12-11-2009, 05:32 PM
:) :)

Her BUN came down an additional 28 points!
We now sit at 39 which is 9 points away from (high) normal.

Her CRE came down an additional 2.8 points.
It is now 1.6 and she IS normal on this front!

She weighed 10.2 lbs (a pound or two away from her "before" weight) and
is *knock on wood* eating well.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/PB214865.jpg

WOW!
THANKS, God!!

Her "numbers" are better than MINE!

We'll keep sendin PT Prayers as *insurance*.
We don't want any RE-lapses. :eek:

{{{Hugs}}} to All! :love: :love:

Karen
12-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Awww, what a beauty, so glad she is feeling better!

Grace
12-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Oh my, she is a beauty :) Wonderful lab results - keep up the good work :love:

phesina
12-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Great news! Well done, you beautiful K'Cee!

krazyaboutkatz
12-12-2009, 12:51 AM
This is wonderful news.:D I hope that she'll continue to do well.:)

Medusa
12-12-2009, 05:56 AM
Look at that gorgeous face! And good news, too. Merry Christmas! :D

zippy-kat
04-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Just a note to let you know that my Kissie Kat is in the hospital.

We had bloodwork done on the 16th and her BUN was at 32, two points away from normal. (I don't remember the other numbers off hand but they were normal).

This past Tues, she vomitted a little and just started acting "hairball-ish." (Hairballs are always a big production for her -- they are (and always have been) extremely hard on her little system.) Sat and Sun, she was off food completely and not drinking as much. (Again, typical hairball symptoms for her.) Then, last night she started acting funny (labored breathing, at one point I thought I was losing her). Long story short, her BUN is now 180 and her other numbers have sky rocketed as well. The vet thinks that she has a major hairball which, along with dehydration and going off her Rx food, has caused her kidneys to "get really mad." The good news is, we know we had the kidneys under control so he believes this is a bump in the road.

I don't know how long she's going to be in the hospital. I went and visited her this evening and she is ANGRY but the fluids/meds have her looking better. She hasn't ate yet, she's extremely nauseated. If there's no hairball by morning, he's going to do Xrays.

It's also looks like my princess will be getting a lion cut in the near future. I'm not crazy about this but I don't want to go through another one of these episodes.

Thanks for reading - we sure wouldn't refuse any extra prayers if you have any to spare.

cassiesmom
04-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Oh, K'Cee! Big purr-ayers for you!

shais_mom
04-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Just a note to let you know that my Kissie Kat is in the hospital.

We had bloodwork done on the 16th and her BUN was at 32, two points away from normal. (I don't remember the other numbers off hand but they were normal).

This past Tues, she vomitted a little and just started acting "hairball-ish." (Hairballs are always a big production for her -- they are (and always have been) extremely hard on her little system.) Sat and Sun, she was off food completely and not drinking as much. (Again, typical hairball symptoms for her.) Then, last night she started acting funny (labored breathing, at one point I thought I was losing her). Long story short, her BUN is now 180 and her other numbers have sky rocketed as well. The vet thinks that she has a major hairball which, along with dehydration and going off her Rx food, has caused her kidneys to "get really mad." The good news is, we know we had the kidneys under control so he believes this is a bump in the road.

I don't know how long she's going to be in the hospital. I went and visited her this evening and she is ANGRY but the fluids/meds have her looking better. She hasn't ate yet, she's extremely nauseated. If there's no hairball by morning, he's going to do Xrays.

It's also looks like my princess will be getting a lion cut in the near future. I'm not crazy about this but I don't want to go through another one of these episodes.

Thanks for reading - we sure wouldn't refuse any extra prayers if you have any to spare.

many hugs and prayers and love sent - Kylie said the Lion cut isn't so bad - you get used to it! Personally - I LOVE IT!

gini
04-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Oh my, these trips to the vet just aren't fun for our little ones - and we humans just hate it and worry, worry, worry.

Come on Kissy Kat - do your stuff and get well for your Mom. You are just too darn cute to be sick.

Prayers are on their way.

Karen
04-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Aww, prayers for the Kissy Kitty. And I think the lion cut may be just the look for you, dear one, with summer approaching!

Cinder & Smoke
04-26-2010, 09:26 PM

:love: & {{{Hugs}}} on the way to New Messico!

Get well Quick, Miss KissyKat.
I'll bet you're goona look like a Million Bucks in your Lion Cut!
And it'll be Soooo much easier for you to maintain ... not having to *primp*
every day to greet Mom when she comes home.

Love & {{{Hugs}}} to Zippy-Kat!

Catty1
04-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Hugs and kisses to that dear girl - I hope she is home and happy soon! Looking forward to pics of the new do. :love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2010, 01:20 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that K'Cee is in the hospital.:( I hope she'll start doing better soon so she can come home. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Storm,Sky, and Ziggy want K'Cee to now that lion cuts make us feel so good during the hot summer months and they make us look gorgeous and feel so soft like velvet.:) They get the kind that doggies get. I'll attach a few pictures.

katladyd
04-27-2010, 01:53 AM
I think lion cuts look silly, but if it helps K'Cee, go for it! I have short-haired cats, so I really have never had a hairball problem with either of them.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Lots of prayers on the way from me for Kissie Kat and you too!!! :love::love:

phesina
04-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Prayers for beloved Kissie Kitty and her Meowmie.. and a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=10687563

zippy-kat
04-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Miss Kiss is still in the hospital tonight. Her eyes looked brighter but it still wasn't my normal K'Cee. The vet thinks she has improved about 50% even though my naughty girl pulled out her IV sometime during the night.

It is hopeful that she will be able to come home tomorrow. The hairball still hasn't passed but she is eating on her own and he feels that, as long as she is eating and drinking, we should be ok (as in not-making-the-kidneys-angry).

If we could just get rid of this hairball, I'd feel a ton of relief.

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers.

Cinder & Smoke
04-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Miss Kiss is still in the hospital tonight.
The vet thinks she has improved about 50%
even though my naughty girl pulled out her IV sometime during the night.

If we could just get rid of this hairball, I'd feel a ton of relief.

"YOU'd" feel a ton of relief ???

I Think the lil FurrKid might be even MORE "relieved".

Best Wishes for a Rapid HB Ejection!

------------
Page 2:
She pulled out the IV??
Fur SHAME, K'Cee!

Tell the White Coat that DUCT TAPE sticks a LOT better than Vet Wrap!

I threatened MiniMutt (Heidi) with a Duct Tape overwrap after she destroyed
her toes and then kept UN-wrapping the White Coat's lovely wrapings.

krazyaboutkatz
04-28-2010, 12:38 AM
Would a kitty enema help her get rid of the hairball? My RB Pepper needed one when he was very constipated and then he had to be on lactulose which helped him a lot. More prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Cinder & Smoke
04-29-2010, 12:07 AM

THANKS, God!! ;)

The Word from New Missico is the KissyKat Princess is HOME Again!! :)

Not quite feeling 100% ~ But close enough!

Continued Purrayers are still requested.

Stay tuned for further Uppie-Dates.

Catty1
04-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Welcome home, K'cee! :D:love::love:

I hope that nasty hairball is gone and that a new haircut will help stop that from happening to you again. HUGS to you!

Cinder & Smoke
05-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Pssssssssssssssst ...

Hey K'Cee - How'z ya Doing???

zippy-kat
05-04-2010, 01:44 PM
:love: K'Cee continues to improve each day. We'll check back again in a few days. Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers. (Sorry to be short but I must get back to work!)

cassiesmom
05-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Yay, this is good news! Keep it up, K'Cee Kissy Kitty!

wolf_Q
05-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Sorry to hear miss K'Cee has been ill again. :( Glad she's home and hope she continues to get better every day!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Thank goodness she's doing better!

K'Cee, sweety, hairballs are really nothing to sweat, just spit 'em up and you're done with it. ;)

Thoughts and prayers on their way that she continues to do well!

zippy-kat
08-29-2010, 01:43 AM
It's been almost a year now and my fluffy wonder is doing amazingly well. This past week we have been battling some "potty issues" (or lack thereof); we've been in contact with the vet and, for right now, we're playing the "wait and see" game, doubling up on the laxatone for a bit. (She's going, she's just not normal/regular.) Though I don't know for certain, I don't feel this is hairball related.

Otherwise, she eats, she drinks, she runs, she plays(!). These pics were taken tonight:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/KCee_rollyball.jpg
Straw or crinkle ball? Decisions, decisions... (straws ALWAYS win)

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/KCee_straw.jpg
Another straw

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/zippiekat/KCee.jpg
Our new lion-do, although it's considerably grown out from where it was. I need to re-clip her tomorrow.

We have blood work due in October though if I have to take her in for the constipation, I may go ahead and have them run it early.

Anyways, just thought we'd pop in and say, "HI!" :)

kitten645
08-29-2010, 05:05 AM
Beautiful beautiful is all I can say. Kisses and loves all over!:love::love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
08-29-2010, 08:00 AM
She is so lovely and what a roller coaster ride she (and you) have been on. Hope this new glitch is just a "glitch" and she gets better soon.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Kissie! Kissie! Kissie! to miss K'Cee!!! You look ma-valous daling!!! :love:

My kits all approve of your toys! They love crinkle balls and the ball in the track too. They've not experienced a straw yet though. I guess I should let them have one or two to try out. Maybe if Winnie had a straw to chew on, she'd leave the power cords alone.

Keep up the good work sweetie!!! :love:

Barbara
08-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Of course with kidney problems, constipation will also be an issue as there is not enough liquid left in the system.
But K'Cee looks gorgeous- so I hope she will get over this bump in the road as well.

momcat
08-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi there K'Cee, it's so nice to see you again. Lots of prayers are going out for you from Trenton. Please ask your Meowmie to give you some scritchies and lovies from me? :love: :love:

phesina
08-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Prayers and lovies and healing energies for K'Cee from us!

Pat and cats

krazyaboutkatz
08-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks for checking in. She sure looks gorgeous and I'm glad she's doing well.:) Pearl loves straws too.;) I hope that you can find something to help her with her constipation problems. Ask your vet about Lactulose, it really helped my RB Pepper when he had these problems.

So you're able to clip her fur yourself? You must be very brave or she's a very good kitty to allow you to do this.:)

zippy-kat
08-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks, guys. I think we're headed to the vet tomorrow. She pooped this morning but she's still worrying me. Sometimes the vet fee is worth peace of mind.

I'll ask about the lactulose, however, I think this is the one that she throws up. For whatever reason, her tummy just can't handle it. :(

ETA:
Yes, KAK, she lets me clip her fur. It's far from professional looking but it beats the stress (and price) of taking her somewhere!

Cinder & Smoke
08-29-2010, 08:21 PM
:eek:

C'mone, lil K'Cee Kat - no more of that uppy-set tummy, urkin & gurkin,
and just not feelin so hot ...

PERK UP, Please! ;)

cassiesmom
08-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Aww, K'Cee kissy kitty, pretty girl! I hope you feel much better soon!

shais_mom
12-31-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm going to give this a Go.

~~ring ring~~
Herow?

Hey Phred! It's Kylie down here on the Ol' Dirt Ball.

well, Hey there Kylie tell everyone I said Herow!

Will do but first and most important we need your help, Fireman Phred!

What's up?

Zippy-kat's K'Cee is back at the vet today on NEW YEAR'S EVE 2010! She started throwing up last night and wouldn't stop. Momma Zippy got real scared and ended up taking her to the vet and she has to stay ALL WEEKEND!
:(
would you talk to the Big Guy and have him make her all better? We do know its her kidney failure (mutter's Unka Phred- we sure know ALL about that *&&^%%&) Pssst Unka Phred, watch yourself, remember where you are!!!

oh ummm yea - sure thing woops!

And would you mind sitting with her at the Vet's office since Momma Zippy can't be with her? I think the Pretty Pretty Princess is gonna be pretty pretty Pi$$ed off not being with her Momma.

Will do - Fireman Phred reporting for DUTY!

Thanks Unka Phred!~ we sure miss you! and your prayer pups!

MAJOR LES now.

Please keep K'Cee in your thoughts and prayers...

wolf_Q
12-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Oh no, poor K'Cee. :( I hope she'll get feeling better soon. I'll keep her (and you Tonya) in my thoughts.

katladyd
12-31-2010, 03:50 PM
If anyone can help K'Cee, Phred can! He is even closer to the Source of All Healing now, so maybe his prayers are even more powerful! Thanks for all you have done, Phred, and for all you will continue to do for us on the ol' dirt ball!:love:

Karen
12-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Please keep K'Cee in your thoughts and prayers...

We will, poor princess, and poor Mommy!

phesina
12-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Prayers and warm thoughts for K'Cee Kitty..

gini
12-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Someone used to say to me "you done good, honey bunny"...........and it always made me laugh.

So Staci - you done good, honey bunny, on those speshul prayers!!

K'Cee all of us are pulling for you and your Mom too. Mr. Phred won't stand for much nonsense - so be a good girl and get well.

Catty1
12-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Prayers for beautiful K'Cee that she has a tummy bug or ate something yucky she snuck into, and that she is all better soon! :love::love:

LOVED the Prayer, Staci!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Oh, Miss K'Cee what are you doing at the white coats? I hope you feel lots better real soon. You can bet Phred will be there holding your paw when your mommy can't be. Prayers on the way from me for you and your mommy too. :love::love:

zippy-kat
12-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Aw, Staci, that made me cry even more. Thank you!

It's amazing how quiet the house is without my girl here with me. :(

Pretty, Pretty Princess K'Cee started acting un-K'Cee like about 3 days ago. Nothing too out of the ordinary, just laying around more, not playing as much, etc. EARLY Thursday morning, she vomited a large amount of food and the previous night's pills. I gave her the morning dose and she vomited that sometime after I left for work. She woke me up several times Thursday night, as well. She hasn't been able to keep anything down and hasn't attempted to eat. The part that really scared me though was that her breath had that "kidney" odor -- that hadn't happened since she was first diagnosed (it went away fairly quickly after we got her on her meds).

The vet ran bloodwork and her BUN and CRE levels are pretty elevated but not as high as in the past. At our last flare up in April, BUN was 180 and CRE was 13.5; today, BUN was 104 and CRE was 7.7. Not as bad but, compare that to October's routine check up of BUN at 32 and 1.6. :(

They started her on fluids right away, of course. And will continue with them through the weekend.

I went and visited her this evening, she is quite cranky with the vet staff (I would be, too) and with the IV (again, I would be, too). Though the office is closed for the holiday, one of the vet techs offered to meet me at 8am so I could visit her again. {I thought that was very sweet of her.}

I know I mentioned it before but, I just can't get over how quiet my house is. :(:(:(

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. Hopefully, this is just another bump in our road.

slick
12-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Zippy, I'm so sorry to read this about Princess KC. Big prayers from me and Merlin and I'm sure Phred has that silver cloud express down to you loaded with prayers and good God thoughts.

What a way to spend New Year's. :(

gini
01-01-2011, 11:57 AM
I started to re-read this thread and came upon Phred's post from last August when K'Cee had another flare-up. Of course, that brought some fresh tears.

K'Cee - bless your heart - I pray that you will be alright.

katladyd
01-01-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm still praying here for K'Cee Kitty. We want you home with your meowmie!:love:

cassiesmom
01-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Big prayers for K'Cee Kitty :love:!

jennielynn1970
01-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out for K'Cee kitty!!

zippy-kat
01-03-2011, 07:56 PM
K'Cee is still at the hospital with a possible release tomorrow. Her levels have come down about 40%. That's all I know at this point. I'm really frustrated/upset at some of the hospital's "goings on" but will leave that matter unspoken until I decide if I'm going to speak out or just transfer her records, etc.

I was not able to go see her today (work, meetings, my own dr's aptmnt, etc) which has me really down.

I have been so very blessed to have this much extra time with my special girl. I pray, pray, pray this is just a bump in the road and she is with me much, much longer. I'm scared, though. :( Very scared.

krazyaboutkatz
01-03-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm just now seeing this.:o I'm so sorry to hear she's so sick again:( but I'm glad to hear that she's doing better and may be able to be released.:) I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Prayers on their way for K'Cee! Get well sweety, you meowmy needs you!

Barbara
01-04-2011, 09:36 AM
I am so sorry about K'Cee. I know exactly what you are going through, from my Filou. Still I am surprised how many "bumps in the road" he survived and how much he liked life until the very end- I hope it will be the same for K'Cee.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Prayers still flying from me for you and your sweet girl!!! :love::love:

Randi
01-04-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm sending lots of get well wishes for K'Cee and hope you will have her home with you tomorrow.

(((hugs)))

zippy-kat
01-04-2011, 10:55 PM
She is home but I'm not sure we're not doing well. I'm wondering if she has some sort of urinary issue going on as she just peed on the carpet then went to the box to poop.

I am just beside myself. My mom is on her way to my house now. I don't know what to do. I am very, very scared. :(

columbine
01-04-2011, 11:06 PM
{hug!} I hope you figure out what's going on with your little princess soon, and it's something easy to remedy.

Love, Columbine

krazyaboutkatz
01-05-2011, 04:40 PM
She is home but I'm not sure we're not doing well. I'm wondering if she has some sort of urinary issue going on as she just peed on the carpet then went to the box to poop.

I am just beside myself. My mom is on her way to my house now. I don't know what to do. I am very, very scared. :(

Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear this.:(Hopefully she just peed on the carpet because of all of the stress she's been through. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

slick
01-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Yes, stress will make Merlin pee on the area rug that's in the litter box room. Very strange.

Many, many prayers coming your way. Get better pretty princess.

{{{hugs}}} Zippy:love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
01-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Yep, give her a few days to adjust to her ordeal at the white coats. Being there over the week end can really wreck their nerves. Lots of prayers and luvies on the way for you both. :love:

phesina
01-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Prayers that K'Cee Kitty will be doing okay again very shortly. Be well, sweet little kitty!

zippy-kat
01-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Thank you guys for all the hugs and well wishes; they are so very encouraging.

It's been a long night and an even longer day... I think I'm headed to bed as soon as I post this update. *yawn*

I ended up calling the answering service last night; after describing everything, it was decided to haul her back in this morning. As I thought, she has a UTI. Antibiotics and a pain-killer later, we're home and *crosses fingers* seem to be improving. He sent the UA off to test for ecoli (she'd had that before with the other UTI). We'll know the results of that in a few days.

The Good News: She met me at the door when I got home from work and ate for me just a little bit. She'd also peed in her box some. Right now, she is parked on my lap, purring.

HOPEFULLY, PRAYERFULLY, & THANKFULLY we are on the up-hill swing. (Please, oh please, oh please!)

Again, thank you all for buoying my spirit. :love::love:

Karen
01-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Aww, you're welcome! More prayers for more healing for the Princess!

Catty1
01-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Good news....praying for more healing. I am sure K'Cee is happy to be with her Meowmie!:love::love:

wolf_Q
01-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Thinking of you and K'Cee! {{HUGS}}:love:

katladyd
01-05-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm still praying for and thinking about K'Cee. Get well sweetie! We all love you and are pulling for you!:love:

phesina
01-05-2011, 11:20 PM
More prayers for beloved K'Cee. You're doing great, girl.. keep going!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Lots of prayers still flying for you and your pretty princess!!! :love::love:

Catty1
01-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I love this pic Phred posted of SWAMP KAT:

Get well soon, K'Cee!:D:love::love:

phesina
01-06-2011, 06:35 PM
I love this pic Phred posted of SWAMP KAT:

Get well soon, K'Cee!:D:love::love:

What a beautiful, wonderful photo! Thank you, Candace.

And keep getting well, dear little K'Cee!

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

zippy-kat
01-06-2011, 10:56 PM
LOL Swamp Kat. You can count on one hand the number of times Miss K'Cee has been outside and that's probably the greenest, the rest usually involved snow. :D

She's curled up on the couch right now and seems to have had a pretty good day... ate some, peed some, drank some, and thought about playing. Unfortunately, she still seems to be pretty "owy" at potty time. I've never had a UTI but it sure as heck doesn't look/sound a bit fun. My poor girl! :(

Thank you guys again! :love:

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2011, 01:55 AM
I hope she'll continue to improve. More prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

zippy-kat
11-23-2012, 03:16 PM
The Kissie monster's progressive illness is well... progressing. She's been on daily fluids for sometime now and is a much skinnier version of her old self. I'm no longer restricting her to a prescription diet; if she wants it and (the bigger hurdle) if she'll eat it, she can have it. Because of the daily fluids, the vet wanted her to have vitamins. We tried oral which she immediately threw up - at the time, we thought this was due to taste. He then decided have me try a B complex injection (into her fluids). Not only did she immediately throw up, she had a reaction and is now mostly blind. :( My poor vet was just as shocked as I was and said he's never ever had -or even heard of- a reaction like this. He was going to call the company and talk to them about it as well, I haven't heard anything back from him on that.

This past Tuesday (reaction happened last Thursday), I hauled her back in to have her blood pressure checked. (For peace of mind, mostly. I've heard word of a cat's retinas detaching if the blood pressure is up.) After several readings, he took the average and determined it was slightly high but it could just be from her being nervous. He went ahead and put her on a low dose of a blood pressure medicine as he said it would help pull blood into the kidneys and maybe perk her up a bit. I can't really tell a difference yet but it's only been three days. We're suppose to go back for a retest in 10-14 days. At that time, I'm going to go ahead and have BUN and Potassium rechecked (a little earlier than our normal schedule but oh well). Surprisingly, her blood work has been only slightly high during this whole ordeal (with exception to potassium, it's been normal).

It sure is hard to watch her go from being the self-assured haughty princess to timidly walking by walls, over reaching with front feet to feel what's in front of her.... especially when this change was literally overnight. :(

It's a new normal - a little hard to get use to- but we'll adjust.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-23-2012, 03:55 PM
I am so sorry to hear this, Tonya. You and Miss K'Cee are in my prayers for sure.

Do you have a room where you can keep her in when you are not home? My Grandma kitty is blind now and she stays in my bedroom. She does bump into things some but she can find her potty, food, water and even still get up and down on my bed by herself. Only being in one room would limit the confusion and risk of her hurting herself when you can't watch her.

I hope that if her blindness was caused by the vitamins, her sight might come back or get better after a while.
Luvies and prayers on the way for you both. :love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-23-2012, 03:57 PM
The Kissie monster's progressive illness is well... progressing. She's been on daily fluids for sometime now and is a much skinnier version of her old self. I'm no longer restricting her to a prescription diet; if she wants it and (the bigger hurdle) if she'll eat it, she can have it. Because of the daily fluids, the vet wanted her to have vitamins. We tried oral which she immediately threw up - at the time, we thought this was due to taste. He then decided have me try a B complex injection (into her fluids). Not only did she immediately throw up, she had a reaction and is now mostly blind. :( My poor vet was just as shocked as I was and said he's never ever had -or even heard of- a reaction like this. He was going to call the company and talk to them about it as well, I haven't heard anything back from him on that.

This past Tuesday (reaction happened last Thursday), I hauled her back in to have her blood pressure checked. (For peace of mind, mostly. I've heard word of a cat's retinas detaching if the blood pressure is up.) After several readings, he took the average and determined it was slightly high but it could just be from her being nervous. He went ahead and put her on a low dose of a blood pressure medicine as he said it would help pull blood into the kidneys and maybe perk her up a bit. I can't really tell a difference yet but it's only been three days. We're suppose to go back for a retest in 10-14 days. At that time, I'm going to go ahead and have BUN and Potassium rechecked (a little earlier than our normal schedule but oh well). Surprisingly, her blood work has been only slightly high during this whole ordeal (with exception to potassium, it's been normal).

It sure is hard to watch her go from being the self-assured haughty princess to timidly walking by walls, over reaching with front feet to feel what's in front of her.... especially when this change was literally overnight. :(

It's a new normal - a little hard to get use to- but we'll adjust.

Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I guess you're referring to the vitamin B12 shots. I've given them to both my RB Starr and my Ziggy and they really helped them. I've also never heard of a cat having a bad reaction to them. I'm so sorry to hear that this caused K'Cee to go blind.:( It's so hard to watch our animals just age but it's even harder to watch them go downhill when they're battling an illness.:( I sure hope that she'll start feeling better and at least stabilize so she can spend more time with you and have a good quality of life. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. ((((HUGS))))

phesina
11-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Lots of love and prayers and good wishes and warm thoughts are coming to sweet Miss K'Cee and you from us.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

zippy-kat
11-23-2012, 05:33 PM
I am so sorry to hear this, Tonya. You and Miss K'Cee are in my prayers for sure.

Do you have a room where you can keep her in when you are not home? My Grandma kitty is blind now and she stays in my bedroom. She does bump into things some but she can find her potty, food, water and even still get up and down on my bed by herself. Only being in one room would limit the confusion and risk of her hurting herself when you can't watch her.

I hope that if her blindness was caused by the vitamins, her sight might come back or get better after a while.
Luvies and prayers on the way for you both. :love::love:

Hi MOFF,
I'm sorry to hear about Grandma losing her sight, too. I'm glad she can still get around. K'Cee hasn't jumped on the bed since this happened and she climbs (*cringe* it drives me nuts but I don't have the heart to get after her) up the arm of the recliner to get in it. Luckily she still knows where her food, water, and litterbox is and seems to get around well for that.

The vet gave her a steroid shot and it seemed to help a bit. I don't know if she can have another or not, I may call and ask on Monday.

Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I guess you're referring to the vitamin B12 shots. I've given them to both my RB Starr and my Ziggy and they really helped them. I've also never heard of a cat having a bad reaction to them. I'm so sorry to hear that this caused K'Cee to go blind.:( It's so hard to watch our animals just age but it's even harder to watch them go downhill when they're battling an illness.:( I sure hope that she'll start feeling better and at least stabilize so she can spend more time with you and have a good quality of life. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. ((((HUGS))))

Hi KAK,
I think he called it a B-complex but it was a vitamin B shot is all I know. We've had cats in the past have them and they didn't respond like this either. Like I said, the vet was completely surprised too but as nothing else had changed, he said we'd have to chalk it up to the shot. What he was calling the company for was to find out what the carrier liquid was and to see if anyone else had reports similar to mine. One of those fluke things, I guess. :(

Thank you all for the warm wishes and prayers, we can definitely use them right now. :love:

Karen
11-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Aww, give her a kiss on the top of that fluffy head from me! As long as her hearing is still good, and her sense of smell, I am betting she will continue to adjust okay. That is, as long as you don't move the litter box or water dish - the food I am sure she would find regardless of where you put it!

Catty1
11-23-2012, 07:27 PM
There is only one Swamp Kat. ;):love: K'Cee is getting lots of love and care thanks to you. I hope she feels a bit better and has much more happy time with you.

How old is K'Cee?

zippy-kat
11-23-2012, 09:24 PM
She's 10, Catty1.

shais_mom
11-23-2012, 11:42 PM
as you know - as always lots of love and prayers sent over the miles to you both.

cassiesmom
11-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Lots of love and prayers and good wishes and warm thoughts are coming to sweet Miss K'Cee and you from us.

From here too :love:

katladyd
11-26-2012, 01:33 PM
It's hard to see them age. My beloved :love: kitty, Mac, is now about 15 and is a much thinner version of his younger self. I know all about the "boney" look. Mac suffers from hyperthyroid and is on meds twice a day. Yet he still rules the roost among my cats, so I guess that's good. Give precious K'Cee Kitty kisses and belly rubs from me. The most important thing is she is still loved dearly and that is sometimes the best medicine ever!:love:

wolf_Q
11-26-2012, 02:16 PM
So sorry to hear this. :( Hard to believe she is 10 she still has a kitten look to her, such a pretty girl. Thinking of you and K'Cee.

zippy-kat
12-03-2012, 08:01 AM
We've had a long week and an even longer night. It is with great sadness I write that my Pretty Pretty Princess K'Cee will be going to the bridge this morning. I am absolutely heartsick.

phesina
12-03-2012, 08:28 AM
I am so very sorry.

Godspeed, darling K'Cee. You are deeply beloved and loving.

ChrisH
12-03-2012, 09:17 AM
:( I am so sorry.

Rest in peace now pretty girl.