PDA

View Full Version : Nikkita having her dental tomorrow....

carole
09-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Please keep my precious furbaby Nikkita in your thoughts tomorrow,she will be having her first dental.

Meowmie here is scared to death and nervous as, dentals here have not been without their problems, first Ash being diagnosed with CRF after his and Ellie her mother with a chronic gingivitis condition, so I am hoping this time all will be well and Nikki will sail through it.

She is my youngest cat and my sweetest girl ever, she will be very upset going there and it will be very traumatic for her and me.

So all fingers and paws crossed for a happy outcome, thanks for listening.

krazyaboutkatz
09-09-2009, 01:24 AM
I'm sure that everything will go well. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. I'm pretty sure that my Storm will need another dental soon too and he's now 13 1/2 years old.

moosmom
09-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Carole,

Nikkita will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how she did.

Queen of Poop
09-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Paws crossed here that all goes well with Nikkita's dental.

carole
09-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Well i had a rough nights sleep worrying myself about it, i suffer from anxiety issues, which i choose not to medicate, and i am a big time worrier about everything, however this is something to worry about, having had two dentals done on the other kitties and the outcome not being so good.

There is always a risk as you all know, so hopefully Nikki is still quite young and healthy and all will go well, i should hear sometime this afternoon when she is in recovery and pick her up around 5.30.

It was hard this morning i usually rise about 6.30 and feed the kitties , they all had to wait until 7.45 as it would not have been fair to Nikki, they survived,but the look on their tiny faces, why isn't mama feeding us, bewildered, i kept Nikki occupied playing with her and brushing her, she loves being brushed, pure heaven to her, so she was looking all nice and smart for her vets visit, nicely groomed lol., girl got to look good on all accounts right?

Anyhow it will be a long day waiting here to hear she is ok, will keep you all posted as soon as i know and thanks for the kind words of support and well wishes for Nikki.

momcat
09-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Many good thoughts and prayers going out for Nikkita :love:

phesina
09-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Good thoughts and prayers are coming from us, too.

carole
09-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Thank you my friends, my baby is in recovery as i type this, she needed three teeth out, which was indeed a surprise, one was suspect, and apparently even while under she flinched when they were touched,so no wonder she had been off her food and not very well, luckily we got on to it before things progressed and she suffered too much, i am sure she was in pain though, and now she just has to get over her ordeal and hopefully she will be a much happier wee girl again, she had holes in all three teeth.

I can't wait to pick her up and see her, three and half hours to go,so relieved, i guess it is going to be a bit more expensive than our estimate, but my baby is worth it, to be pain free and happy again.:)

susanswatlin518
09-10-2009, 04:38 AM
hi nikkita-i hope things went fairly comfortably for you at your dental visit. I wonder if you had the laser-treatment for removing plaque? My vet suggests my pepper get a laser cleaning since she hasn't had one in the 10 years that i have had her. I got her i assume in her first year. Since pepper's mom-me-has been going to my va dentist for pretty much the same treatments since i just recently got dental coverage there. Laser plaque removal is big at my house-you might say. Well-i hope there was no bad news for you-nikkita! We must be strong for our angels as i think they try to be for us. Best wishes-susanswatlin518

susanswatlin518
09-10-2009, 04:44 AM
P.S. I AM JUST BACK TO SAY I HAVE READ THESE POSTS AND I AM GLAD THAT NIKKITA IS DOING FINE. SHE REALLY HAD AN ORDEAL BUT I AM GLAD THAT SHE HAS TERRIFIC HUMANS ON HER SIDE ACTING IN HER BEST INTEREST! SUSANSWATLIN518:love:

carole
09-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Thank you everyone, Nikki came home at 6pm last night, she was still woozy from it all, even though it had been four hours, her back legs were wobbly, she was very dis-orientated, and spent at least the next four hours trying to get outside,not happening, all my cats stay indoors at night before dark,she was not in the least bit tired,she ate a little, kept going in the litter box doing nothing and even lay in it, very odd, never seen her do that before and finally presented a nice big pee, she also drank water, all good signs, and eventually was happy to see us, purring a very loud purr and nudging us as she normally does.

Today she seems really good, pretty much her normal self, however not big on the eating department, tried her on several foods, has a lick and that is about all, she was my biscuit only girl really, and had only been eating soft foods recently because her mouth was sore, so hoping she will start eating better soon.

She is much happier today and pleased to be home again.

So fingers and all paws crossed her appetite picks up .

Thanks again for all the prayers, well wishes, much appreciated, the power of PT never ceases to amaze me.

I don't know if we have laser treatment for animals here, i will ask next time,we do have it for humans though, so it is a possibility.

Catty1
09-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Glad to hear Nikki came through so well!

Did the vet send any painkillers home with her? I am sure she will eat better as she heals in the next day or so.

Do you have any chicken baby food she might lap up?

Hugs to dear Nikki and glad she will be rid of her pain.:love:

carole
09-10-2009, 05:50 PM
yes she had a pain relief injection at the vets, it lasts quite some time, she did eat a little more today, but not much, but enough i think, she seems happy enough today,hears the birds on the roof in our bedroom and very keen to get out there.

Did i mention that the bill was very reasonable, we were quoted 235 with a 40 dollar discount as dental month there, but it was only 180, i was stoked,thought it would be more as she needed three teeth out instead of one, but all done within ten minutes, goes by how long it takes and the quote for her gas was way higher,she needed about half that, so all good, bit of a relief moneywise and much more of a relief knowing Nikki will be pain free soon as she heals.

I have no chicken baby food, but will get some, and some more food tomorrow, i have just about every choice you can imagine here,i have sachets,tin food, dry food, pet milk,raw meat,fancy feast,whiskas,purina,etc etc, as Ash and Ellie are really fussy because of their conditions, Ash with CRF and Ellie Chronic gingivitis, so variety is not the problem, they all just very fussy,now Lexie is another story i have to ward her off, she will eat everything they leave over, and she is not supposed to as on special diet for her Urinary stones, typical isn't it?

Anikaca77
09-11-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm glad everything worked out well for Nikkita. I wish I could go to a dentist and get knocked out everytime :)

Of course though there are risks to that.

I hope she has a restful weekend.

Melissa

carole
09-11-2009, 04:37 PM
she was a bit low yesterday and had started sneezing a bit, well two to be exact, but I was concerned, however she seems ok today, and much better, still eating, not a lot but enough, she is a rather rotund little girl anyhow, so it won't harm her to loose a little, she be happier once she can eat her biscuits again i imagine.

She was very smoochy yesterday, she does not like being held much ,but tolerates it, but yesterday she was snuggling into my arms, so cute.

She was still recovering yesterday from it all, but certainly much more herself today.

Melissa i had the knock out treatment for my teeth,(intravenous sedation) and it did not go well, and the recovery a day later was just awful, so sometimes it can be just as bad if not worse really.

Anyhow will be taking Nikki back on Wed for her check up, oh my she will hate that trip, poor girl be so scared, so hopefully the healing process is going well.

She is looking so good right now, i have been daily grooming her, as i discovered she loves being brushed and her coat is just gleaming.