PDA

View Full Version : Is Niina okay?

AmberLee
10-04-2002, 12:17 AM
It just occurred to me that I haven't seen her post much recently. Is Casper still sick? Does anyone know if she's okay? I hate to disturb her if there's a problem...

Or did I miss a post that she's travelling, maybe?

:confused:

toughCookie
10-04-2002, 12:28 AM
she posted on the first of October in cat general.

krazyaboutkatz
10-04-2002, 01:02 AM
I don't think that she posts here as much as she used to. I know that she's also a member on another pet talk board.

Miss Meow
10-04-2002, 02:04 AM
Lut has been quiet too??? Hopefully they are just both having a big European pet talk meeting and will post all the details later :)

Former User
10-04-2002, 02:35 AM
Thanx for your concern AmberLee, I'm fine, we all are, well, except for my husbands hand. Last night Patrick was walking towards Casper and I guess Casper got scared of something or didn't see my hubby coming... he ended up scratching Patrick's right hand and it looks pretty bad. There's 2 deeper wounds and few other smaller ones. He was bleeding and that hand looks horrible. I cleaned it last night and put a bandage on for the night. This morning it wasn't any better and I suggested to go and see a doctor, but nope. He went to work. I think he will be fine, he is able to move the fingers, nothing was blue nor swelled up. Just me worrying too much I guess. And because of all this, we got to bed way past midnight, and are soooo tired now <yawn>. Oh well, we'll sleep tomorrow morning ;)

I've been lurking on Pet Talk, haven't felt like posting though, need some time outs every now and then LOL. And I've joined a Finnish forum and absolutely LOVE to babble in my own language.
But, I promise, Pet Talk is still #1 for me, won't get rid of me that easily ;)

AmberLee, shame on you, you should know that you never bother, so don't be afraid to contact me/us if you want to!

Randi
10-04-2002, 05:00 AM
Niina, I know how you feel about languages - it can be SO frustrating when you want to say something and you just can't find the right word (expression) - Nice to know you're OK! :)
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Lut has been quiet too???
I can tell you Lut must be going out of her mind by now, she ICQ'ed me to say that her connection was down - and her husband is away, so there probably won't be any help for a few days! :( Hope she thought of ringing her provider!

Cataholic
10-04-2002, 08:23 AM
Niina and Randi....being mono-linguistic, I can't say I know what you mean, exactly...tho my sister is bilingual, and we laugh when she comes home to us from Italy as she struggles with the slang, or the family talk. But, I love reading your post because of your word choices...I am NOT making fun of you, I just find it really interesting to read the way you phrase some things...though it is really hard to tell you both aren't writing in your native language, cause your grammar and sentance structure is soooo very good.

Feel free to write in your native language here...I will pretend to know what you are saying and respond appropriately! By the way...what language does Fister speak????

Logan
10-04-2002, 11:05 AM
Glad to know that both of you are alive and well! Niina, give Patrick my sympathy. I have certainly had those shredded hands many times as a result of my Butter. :eek:

He went "missing in action" late yesterday afternoon and I didn't see him again until this morning. :( I worried all night long about him, and realized that I would much rather have my bad Butter than no Butter. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-04-2002, 11:18 AM
Niina, glad you are ok. Sorry about your husband's hand though. I was wondering about you too and thinking of sending you a message. I was going to give you till Monday and then check on you. Give the babies a hug from me.
:)

Edwina's Secretary
10-04-2002, 11:25 AM
Just yesterday I wondered...."where's Niina been?"

Glad to know you are lurking about!

gini
10-04-2002, 03:56 PM
I am getting this great visual image of Niina and Casper and Kitty "peeking" around the corner of all of our posts!

Ha! But we caught you - sorry Niina, you can take a rest from us but not for long!

I am sorry about Patrick's hand. It is always a shock when this happens - Rascal decided to bite me on the arm last weekend.
He was somewhat agitated because my 19 month old niece was here and she just adores Rascal and is fearless. Rascal is pretty tolerant of her - but he took it out on me!!

And Lut - we are keeping tabs on you too!

FloppsyLadySally54
10-04-2002, 04:15 PM
I was wondering the same thing, but now I know they're here! Actually I knew Lut had been sick for a while, so I PMed her to say hi, and she's here!! I didn't know where Niina was, though. Glad to see you again!;)

krazyaboutkatz
10-04-2002, 11:37 PM
Niina, I'm glad to see that you're back but I'm sorry to hear about your husband's hand. Cat bites can be quite painful and can become infected if not treated properly. I hope he heals quickly. Please give Casper&Kitty a big hug for me.

C.C.'s Mom
10-05-2002, 02:02 AM
I agree with Randi and Niina. It's really nice to be able to talk in your own native language. I'm so often cracking my head on how to say things, and it hardly ever works out the way I intended it to write.

I haven't seen any Dutch boards that are interesting except maybe some Golden Retriever sites. I was on a German board once upon a time, but the atmosphere wasn't too good.

PetTalk really is the best place.

Kirsten
10-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Oh, I wasn't around the last couple of days and I didn't know that Casper was sick! :( What was wrong with him? But I'm glad that he seems to do better - but poor Patrick! :eek:

Have a lot of fun in that finnish forum, Niina! :) It's a funny language! :) I once had to learn a bit when we were going to Finland for the summer holidays with the scouts, but all I remember is 1, 2, 3 - that was something like "iksi, kaksi, kolme (sp)... But it is such a beautiful country and I would definitely like to go back some day! :)

Hugs to Casper and Kitty, hope they're alright!

Kirsten

Former User
10-05-2002, 01:04 PM
Thanx Kirsten. I'll include here the url for the thread incase you want to know what was going on with Casper.
Patrick's hand is much better already, it's healing in speed! Still hurts to do certain things though.

Yes, Finnish is a tough language... well, not to me of course, but for others. You almost got it right, 1 is written as 'yksi' in Finnish, other than that, the two other words were correct! And hey, it's not like German is easy either ;)

Ok, here's that link then,
Casper won't eat (http://64.246.0.213/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14983)

Kirsten
10-05-2002, 01:07 PM
LOL, yes, you're right, I wouldn't want to learn German either (if it wasn't my native language)! :)

Yes, would be nice if you could post the url, I had a hard week and wasn't around, so I missed that... Hope he's alright!

Kirsten

Former User
10-05-2002, 01:09 PM
The url is there already, in my previous post.... he's fine now :)

Kirsten
10-05-2002, 03:16 PM
Ah, how stupid of me, I missed that one, but now I've just read it.

Niina, I'm so sorry that you had to go through this, you must have been scared to death during that horrible time! First when I read about the symptoms, I thought Casper might have had a gastritis, 'cause Luna had it at the beginning of this year and for a week or so, she could hardly keep anything down, especially no dry food. After a while, it has worked better with the wet food, and she was also on antibiotics. But poor Casper even had a fever - poor, poor boy!!! I'm glad that he's back to normal now, must have been a horrible time for him, too!

I still remember when Luna was sick for the first time. She was having diarrhea and and must have had a pain in her tummy, and she was acting as if she was dying; she was sighing and staring. Like you, I was crying all the time and I couldn't sleep all night, I even went to different vets to find out why she did not recover. In the end, they found out that there were too many e.coli-germs in her colon, so she got a treatment and finally got better. But these are the times when we especially realize how much we love our fur kids, right?

Kirsten