PDA

View Full Version : My Dear Old Princess The Bed Messer!

catmandu
09-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Shes starting to use the main bed as a litterbox!!
:eek::eek:
I put fresh litter in the box and put towels on a plastic backed table cover so she wont ruin the mattress.
I think its the fact that her vision is slowly going, and the trip to the litter box is too arduous.
I love My Princess and would hate to have to confine her to the bathroom.
Any ideas and thoughts please.
I LOVE MY PRINCESS!!!!!
:love::love:

katladyd
09-05-2009, 04:50 PM
I don't know where her litterbox is now, but maybe you could move it closer to the bed and have a little ramp for her to go up and down from the bed to the floor. That may help. Give The Precious Princess a kiss from me. :love:

cassiesmom
09-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Could she have a urinary tract infection or something?

Please give her a big hug and kiss from me.

Queen of Poop
09-05-2009, 06:57 PM
For daytime, could you put the litter box on the bed? Please give Sweet Princess a kiss for me.

kb2yjx
09-06-2009, 09:09 AM
My suggestion is a visit to the vet...to rule out UTI/kidney disease...a candle for Princess...

phesina
09-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Prayers and a candle from us too..

catmandu
09-06-2009, 10:54 AM
My Princess is going to the Vets to be sure as Juke Joint Joseph comes home.
Shes not struggling to pee so I have the feeling that its easier and more comfortable for her to pee on the towels.
I will put the box as close as I can.
:):)
This is fairly recent behavior so it ay be senility as My Princess is at the least 18 years old close to 90 in our time.
:(:(
We shall see what Our Vets says Tuesday, until then I have two plastic and rubber backed table clothes and I take the blankets off every morning.
She after all is MY PRINCESS!

katladyd
09-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Gary, there is no doubt you would do that for your Princess! Your love for cats is very obvious and true.:love: I hope there is a grand reward for you in Heaven for all you do for animals.:)

phesina
09-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Gary, that sounds like you are doing just what Princess needs for you to do. Having her checked out by the vet is an excellent idea.

My Senior girl Peony sometimes leaks on the couch... even though I have a litter box on the floor right next to the couch with a little stairway from the couch to the box, and another one ON the couch in case she doesn't feel like going downstairs. Then there's a cat bed for her in the middle of the couch and then there's the spot where I sit next to the lamp. Sometimes she just pees on the cat bed if she doesn't feel like stepping into the couch litterbox.

I put plastic sheets of one kind or another on the couch.. shower curtain liners from the dollar store are my favorites.. and towels on top of those. Much easier to toss the towels in the laundry and wipe any leakage off the plastic covers than to try and get out pee spots in the couch cushions.

Donnaj4962
09-06-2009, 09:58 PM
I have been dealing with this issue with 21 year old Tabby for over a year now. She will pee only on the bed, but NOT when I am in it. I have taken her to the vet for tests, and she is fine. The vet believes it is "simply" a behavioral issue. So what do I do?

I have a waterproof mattress pad on my bed (in case there is an accident) and when I get up in the morning, I make my bed and put a plastic cover on the bed and lay a puppy training pad on top of that. Would you believe she will go only on that pad???? I found that I can buy them for $4.00 (for a package of 14) at my local Dollar General.

It is a suggestion for you. I hope it helps.

catmandu
09-07-2009, 09:26 AM
I will try those puppy pads as I have seen them at the Dollerama ,and they might well do the trick
:cool::cool:
I am having My Vet take her in for a Senior Evaluation and I mill mention this odd behavoir.
:confused::confused:
I think its behavioral as well.
She pooed all over a pillow while I was shaving , but she tends to pee on the old blankets I have in rotation.
But she is My Princess and I LOVE HER , she gets a lot of leeway here.

katladyd
09-07-2009, 05:05 PM
For all the years of love she has given you, of course she should get a lot of leeway! You are spot on right there! Don't you hope people do the same for us in our golden years? (not that far away, come to think of it).:rolleyes:

cassiesmom
09-07-2009, 05:10 PM
She pooed all over a pillow while I was shaving.
But she is My Princess and I LOVE HER , she gets a lot of leeway here.

I hope someone gives ME a lot of leeway in my later years. I hope Princess gets a good senior bill of health at the doctor.