PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got a Canon 500D?

Whisk_Luva
09-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Ok, so I am looking into getting an DSLR and was wondering whether anyone had this camera or knows about it?

Thanks... :)

Kirsten
09-05-2009, 02:09 PM
I am planning on getting an EOS 450D by the end of the year. Hope I'll be able to!

Kirsten

Whisk_Luva
09-05-2009, 02:48 PM
I am planning on getting an EOS 450D by the end of the year. Hope I'll be able to!

Kirsten

Ah cool :) I was looking to get the 40D or 50D (more expensive cams) but the 450D and 500D seem to be rated higher on quite a few websites.....

Hope you can get the 450D.... you photos are always stunning and thats without a DSLR, so I can't begin to imagine how amazing they will be with an DSLR!

BitsyNaceyDog
09-05-2009, 03:08 PM
I have a 400D and love it. A couple years ago we were looking at DSLRs and my husband's photographer friend recommended that camera to us, We looked around and read a lot of reviews (on that camera and others) and played with cameras at a store before making the purchase. In the end though we decided that was the camera for us and we've never regretted it.

Glacier
09-05-2009, 04:48 PM
I dont know much about Canon cameras. I shoot Nikon, but I shoot alot!

When considering a DSLR, even more than the body, you need to think about glass...what kind of lenses do you want, might some day want? What kind of pictures do you take...action, low light, portrait, macro? Who makes the best lens for the kind of shooting you want to do?

When I bought my first DSLR(I'm about to buy my 3rd), the guy at the store told me "bodies come and go, glass is forever." Best camera advice anyone ever gave me. The average DSLR body will need to be replaced every three to five years, according to most camera experts. My D80 is over 3 years old, has been heavily used and abused(sorry, little camera!) and has close to 200,000 shutter clicks...it needs to be replaced soon. Changing glass every time you change bodies would be a massive investment!

I'm buying a Nikon D300, if I can find one locally, otherwise the D300s. I'd love the D700, but it's a full frame sensor. My lenses are all DX format. So not only does the D700 cost way more, I'd have to buy all new glass to really take advantage of it's features; that glass is way more expensive than the DX series.

The camera is just the start of the fun and expense with a DSLR...

Whisk_Luva
09-05-2009, 04:50 PM
I dont know much about Canon cameras. I shoot Nikon, but I shoot alot!

When considering a DSLR, even more than the body, you need to think about glass...what kind of lenses do you want, might some day want? When I bought my first DSLR(I'm about to buy my 3rd), the guy at the store told me "bodies come and go, glass is forever." Best camera advice anyone ever gave me. The average DSLR body will need to be replaced every three to five years, according to most camera experts. My D80 is over 3 years old, has been heavily used and abused(sorry, little camera!) and has close to 200,000 shutter accutuations...it needs to be replaced soon. Changing glass every time you change bodies would be a massive investment!

I'm buying a Nikon D300, if I can find one locally, otherwise the D300s. I'd love the D700, but it's a full frame sensor. My lenses are all DX format. So not only does the D700 cost way more, I'd have to buy all new glass to really take advantage of it's features; that glass is way more expensive than the DX series.

The camera is just the start of the fun and expense with a DSLR...

I have already choosen my first lens thanks :) I will probably upgrade it within the first year, but I will see how I get on.....

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Whisk_Luva
09-09-2009, 10:25 AM
My 500D arrived today.... had it up and working ina bout 10 mins! Only taken a few photos but I am loving it so far! :D

Unfortantely I have homework to do and am going out later which sucks because that means I won't really have much time to play around with it... :rolleyes: