PDA

View Full Version : Average age?

pomtzu
09-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Hi Karen...

Since I'm thinking age this a.m., what would be your guesstimate as to the average age of the currently active members.

I know some list their full date of birth and others don't, but I've taken an (un)educated guess based on their posts.

So I'm thinking on the average of 40ish - probably early 40's???

Just curious, and thought you might know.

happylabs
09-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Do a poll. I will be 49 this month. ARP is already sending me mailings. :D

pomtzu
09-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Do a poll. I will be 49 this month. ARP is already sending me mailings. :D

I thought about that, but that will only get an answer from the people that actually read it and answer. I was thinking maybe Karen would have some way of getting a better figure. :confused:

GILL
09-04-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm already a member of AARP.

happylabs
09-04-2009, 10:22 AM
I thought about that, but that will only get an answer from the people that actually read it and answer. I was thinking maybe Karen would have some way of getting a better figure. :confused:

Oh...duh!!! That is true.

smokey the elder
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
I must have gotten half a dozen mailings from AARP in the 6 months before I turned 50. How wasteful is that? I should email them and ask them to maybe email people instead. It might end up in the spam folder, but at least it won't damage the environment.

[/hijack]:p;)

Taz_Zoee
09-04-2009, 11:26 AM

But you asked for the average age of "active" members. So if they don't answer then they are not active. And actually I think there was a poll/thread done a while ago asking your age.

Karen
09-04-2009, 11:52 AM
We have people all across the age spectrum, from teenagers to retired folks. I really don't know an "average" age, because which members would I count? The ones who post frequently? The ones who just lurk? The ones who post every once in a while? We have members in every age bracket - except over 90, I think, and under 13, I know!

pomtzu
09-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Cindy - they could be active and not read or answer it tho,,,,,,,,,,:eek:

Karen - I was thinking of the ones who post frequently only.

Oh well - it was just a thought. That's what I get for thinking! DUH.......:eek:

Karen
09-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Cindy - they could be active and not read or answer it tho,,,,,,,,,,:eek:

Karen - I was thinking of the ones who post frequently only.

Oh well - it was just a thought. That's what I get for thinking! DUH.......:eek:

How frequently, what is your criteria? Some people have thousands of posts, but have been active lately, some people only have hundreds, but joined more recently ... can you see what I mean about having difficulty narrowing down who to average in or out?

pomtzu
09-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Sure Karen - I see what you mean. Like I said - it was just a thought. Too much time on my hands maybe??? :confused: :D

Karen
09-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Sure Karen - I see what you mean. Like I said - it was just a thought. Too much time on my hands maybe??? :confused: :D

No problem!

lvpets2002
09-04-2009, 03:42 PM
:) Yup this is my first year of a AARP member & loving it.. But boy howdy do I get alot of E-Mails & Mail from them..
I'm already a member of AARP.

kokopup
09-04-2009, 04:07 PM
AARP gave up on me years ago. I am 69 and as my niece use to say "and a half".:D

pomtzu
09-04-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm an AARP member - have been for about 10 or 12 years. I have my car insurance with The Hartford, and my Medicare supplemental insurance with United Healthcare, and couldn't get the rates that I do unless I was a member. Just that alone makes it worth the price of their inexpensive membership.

kokopup
09-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I have had my car insurance with Allstate since I was 24 , 45 years, and my Medicare supplemental insurance is a part of my retirement package with GE. I checked rates for changing over to others and there is no way I can reduce the rates I have. When I travel I get my Motel discount with AAA. My Mortgage insurance is also Allstate and I get a good discount because of my long standing with them.