PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniv. To Me........

pomtzu
09-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Today is my wedding anniversary. Would you believe I was married 47 years ago today??? That's older than a lot of you youngsters out there. :eek:

Oh the joy of wedded bliss! I wish I knew what it was all about! Oh - I forgot to mention that I got divorced 2 years ago after we had lived apart for about 14 years before that!!! :p

What do you think - should I call my ex and wish him a happy anniversary? You don't think his girlfriend would mind, do you?? :rolleyes: :D

happylabs
09-04-2009, 07:20 AM
LOL! Too funny. I would have been married 25 years in July if my ex would not have left me for his old college girlfriend. :D I was devastated at the time but now realize it was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I think you should call him and wish him a happy UN-anniversary. Ha! :p

moosmom
09-04-2009, 09:32 AM
I've been divorced 32 years!! WAY TO GO ELLIE AND HUBBY!! I hope you two have a fabulous anniversary!!!

Love:love: and hugs,

Donna and fur crew

Catty1
09-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Like I said about a former flame (unrequited "love"): He was the best thing that never happened to me!

Happy 16th Anniversary! ;):D

pomtzu
09-04-2009, 09:46 AM
I've been divorced 32 years!! WAY TO GO ELLIE AND HUBBY!! I hope you two have a fabulous anniversary!!!

Love:love: and hugs,

Donna and fur crew

:D :D :D

Maybe he'll take his girlfriend out to celebrate. :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

pomtzu
09-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Like I said about a former flame (unrequited "love"): He was the best thing that never happened to me!

Happy 16th Anniversary! ;):D

Yup - I don't know why I waited so long to ask him to hit the road. He didn't let any grass grow under his feet when he did tho............:eek: :D

joycenalex
09-04-2009, 04:25 PM
girl, take yourself out, get a large dish of ice cream with fudge sauce, whipped cream, nuts and a cherry and relish the fact, that you know you are doing the best thing for you.

DJFyrewolf36
09-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Sometimes it just does not work. *HUGS* :love:

Have a good day for YOU! :D

pomtzu
09-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Gee - I hope I didn't come across as being "down" regarding my marital status. I'm happy as a clam, and in no way would I want to go back. People have often asked why we didn't divorce earlier - guess we never saw a need for it, since we were content maintaining seperate households. Then I got to thinking as we both got older - if something happens to him and he passes - then I'm responsible for all his debts as long as we are still Mr & Mrs. Didn't take me long to make tracks to Family Court and file for divorce after that reality sunk in! :eek:

Medusa
09-04-2009, 05:21 PM
So he gave you the gift of goodbye, eh? Well, I'm glad that you are able to put such a positive spin on it, sis. I, on the other hand, fight depression every year on both my wedding anniversary and the anniversary of my divorce. I can usually turn it around w/just about everything but not that. Good for you, girlie! :)

Pinot's Mom
09-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Ellie, for some reason, in the part of the world where I work, your situation is not uncommon. "Un" couples maintain their "married" status sometimes forever even though living apart. Whatever floats your boat!!:)

Happy Anniversary and see you next weekend!:)