PDA

View Full Version : Saw a Mom cat and Possible 2 kittens, def. 1 kitten for sure

Anikaca77
09-02-2009, 09:36 AM
I was on my way to work this morning at 6:30 a.m. and I saw a mom cat this morning with I think 2 babies (I know I saw 1 for sure but I'm not sure if I saw 2), they were probably 8 weeks old I tried to get them to come to me but I didn't have any food or anything so they wouldn't come they just stood there and stared at me.

I may try to go out to the place I saw them this morning to see if the mom would be interested in coming to me with her babies, the only thing is I have no place to put them so I would have to take them to a local shelter where they do euthanize but they are trying not to do that much now and I'd hate for that to happen so what do I do just leave them outside? Especially now it's getting colder out at nights.

It broke my heart to see the kittens out there with their mom, I don't know even know if they will be around the same spot or not, it's a fenced in area that I can't access. The only place I used to volunteer at is getting out of cat rescuing and the other is just a TNR and she's usually booked for a few months.

I also just recently had a stray show up just 2 days ago since the weather is getting colder out, she/he knows that I always tend to put food out when it's cooler weather and I take it away in spring/summer time.

I was hoping the cat would find another place to eat but she/he came back and I of course had to feed him/her because they looked on the thin side.

The cat I call Baby ate for 15 mins. straight, I'm not kidding either it was crazy and of course Baby came back again last night for more food.

I already have vets bils and I'm going to have more vet bills coming Thursday when Ashley goes in for her peeing out of the box/crystals thing, plus the kitten we just recently rescued has to go back to the vets for more shots, and it's overwhelming with wanting to help these cats outside and I just can't due to lack of space and money.

I suppose I just needed to vent some because it's really bugging me and I feel bad for Baby as well the mom I spotted this morning but I wish I had a lot of money to help them both.

I feel really bab I think more for Baby because what if I do move, who is going to feed Baby then, will she/he just go off and eat some other place, I was really hoping the cat would do that once I stopped the feedings earlier this year but now it's cold outside Baby returned yet again.

Melissa

momcat
09-02-2009, 07:38 PM
I can completely understand what a difficult situation you're in. It's hard seeing adult kitties alone with no place to go, but seeing an adult kitty with babies like that is so much worse. Were you able to get back to where they were? Did you see them again?

carole
09-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Doesn't your heart just break into tiny pieces when you see a momma trying to look after her babies outside like that all alone, i really feel for you in your situation, alas we cannot save them all, and if only humans were more responsible and all loving and kind as you are, we would not have this problem, but in the real world it is sad to say we have many beautiful animals out there needing love and care.

Just try and do the best you can,if you know going to the shelter will end up in them be putting to sleep, i am not sure that is the right option, but then you don't want them suffering either out there, such a hard call,i will be thinking of you and hoping you can find a way to help these poor babies, love and hugs.:love:

Anikaca77
09-03-2009, 06:31 AM
I went over to the place and I didn't see them, I checked at 12 noon and again at 5 p.m. maybe they were just passing through, there is a lot of woods where they went and it's all fenced off so I couldn't get through. I hope she's ok, she looked ok, not skinny or thin so hopefully thye will make it. I will probably tell the one person who rescues cats around our area but she's always so booked but it might be better than doing nothing but since I haven't seen them again, I don't know where they are now.

The only one I can say is the one I'm feeding outside my place. He/she came around again last night before I got home and waited for food so looks like I'll be feeding him/she through the winter which I don't mind doing but I just hate to see him/her outside. I can't take him/her in either with 10 cats in our place already and with Ashley's peeing problem as well.

Thank you for asking,

Melissa

I can completely understand what a difficult situation you're in. It's hard seeing adult kitties alone with no place to go, but seeing an adult kitty with babies like that is so much worse. Were you able to get back to where they were? Did you see them again?

Anikaca77
09-03-2009, 06:33 AM
I won't take any cat to a shelter that will put them down, sometimes I feel though that is our only option around this town now because there is no one who rescues cats, the one lady has stopped taking in cats, and the other is just TNR and that leaves just people like us.

If only humans were more responsible. I guess I can only do what I can for right now.

Melissa

Doesn't your heart just break into tiny pieces when you see a momma trying to look after her babies outside like that all alone, i really feel for you in your situation, alas we cannot save them all, and if only humans were more responsible and all loving and kind as you are, we would not have this problem, but in the real world it is sad to say we have many beautiful animals out there needing love and care.

Just try and do the best you can,if you know going to the shelter will end up in them be putting to sleep, i am not sure that is the right option, but then you don't want them suffering either out there, such a hard call,i will be thinking of you and hoping you can find a way to help these poor babies, love and hugs.:love: