PDA

View Full Version : Advice On Shredders

lizbud
09-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Do you use a paper shredder at your house? What kind do think
works best? I would just use it to shred stuff I get in the mail. A lot
has personal info that I don't want to dispose of in the trash.

pomtzu
09-01-2009, 04:47 PM
I have a Royal 100x cross cut shredder that I bought at Sam's a couple of years ago. It was around $30 - maybe a little more. It's the least expensive one I have ever had, but by far the best. I have had several others that cost more and were junk and didn't hold up at all, and got trashed after less than a year.

Edwina's Secretary
09-01-2009, 06:11 PM
We have been through four shredders this year. Had one for a few years - got our money worth when it puked.

I bought a real cheap one at Target. It lasted a couple weeks and didn't shred worth a darn.

So my husband bought a Staples one. Not just "fits over the top of a wastebacket" model but a nice with its own basket. It puked after a couple of months. When he took it back he found out he had bought the warranty.

Clerk told him it was a good thing as shredders often fail. I like this one. It also shreds credit cards and cds.

beeniesmom
09-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I have a Royal 100x cross cut shredder that I bought at Sam's a couple of years ago. It was around $30 - maybe a little more. It's the least expensive one I have ever had, but by far the best. I have had several others that cost more and were junk and didn't hold up at all, and got trashed after less than a year.

I have a Royal too! They are the best. We paid about 45 for ours in February of this year.

Barbara
09-03-2009, 08:04 AM
I have two kitties. Who needs a shredder;)?

moosmom
09-03-2009, 08:23 AM
I got a shredder where I work (Bed, Bath & Beyond) off the Clearance table. It shreds up to 6 pages at once. It also cross shreds so it ends up like confetti. Best $20 I ever invested. Especially after having to tear up BOXES of personal documents after my Dad passed away.

Asiel
09-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Mine is a Sylvania Secure Guard and I've had it for 11 years and never had a problem yet. And not a day goes by that I don't have loads to shred. I was reading where some people make pet beds from the shredded paper, would be curious to try it if I ever find time.

lizbud
09-03-2009, 12:38 PM
I have two kitties. Who needs a shredder;)?

If the stuff to be shredded was cardboard , the cats could take care
of the problem.:) But paper, they don't even bother.