PDA

View Full Version : The day of my move

davidpizzica
08-31-2009, 09:31 PM
I believe the day I'm moving will be september 3rd around noon or afternoon. I have mixed emotions about moving to the Home. On one hand I'm excited about moving (this is the first time I've ever changed residences) on the other hand I have a lot of adjustments to be made when I get there. I'm just a little nervous. PT prayers will help!

K9karen
08-31-2009, 11:18 PM
It may seem strange at first, David, but, with your personality, I'm sure you'll make lots of friends and really enjoy yourself. You won't have the nasty day to day worries. I have a few friends in assisted living and they like it alot. Some even have their cars. In fact, my one girlfriend has an incredible social life there, always doing something. She said it was the best move she ever made. You need to take care of you!

DJFyrewolf36
09-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Prayers being sent! Some days I feel like I want to go into assisted living lol. Enjoy the time you have to relax...I think far too many people aren't relaxing now days.

Catherinedana
09-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Wishing you the best of everything in your move to a new home, David. I think you will find it very enjoyable, having the nuances of daily life taken care of so that you can take care of YOU and be healthy and happy.

Sending love,
Cathy

lvpets2002
09-01-2009, 09:36 AM
:) Prayers being sent.. You will do just fine.. Now will they cook for you too??

kokopup
09-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Good luck on your move. I'm sure you will adjust in no time. Just stay as active
as possible and try to avoid those "Senior Moments". :D

Daisy and Delilah
09-01-2009, 10:27 AM
David, I can certainly see why you have reservations. It's a whole new world. Change can be so hard. I think you're going to love it. You are such a great person, it will come easy for you. People will love you there like they do here. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Taz_Zoee
09-01-2009, 11:06 AM
I can understand being nervous. I hate change in any form. But once you are settled in you will feel right at home there I'm sure.

Good luck! And you will have a computer still right? :p

davidpizzica
09-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I can understand being nervous. I hate change in any form. But once you are settled in you will feel right at home there I'm sure.

Good luck! And you will have a computer still right? :p

Yes, I'm taking my computer with me, so I'll be on PT!

Karen
09-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Excellent - and you'll be in our prayers for a smooth and successful move!

phesina
09-01-2009, 07:52 PM
David, prayers for you that all goes well with your move and you find you are even more delighted with your new home than you had ever dreamed!

I lit a candle for you: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9086148

davidpizzica
09-01-2009, 08:31 PM
I just want to say a big thank you for everyone's support, well-wishes, and PT prayers concerning my move to assisted living. It won't be an easy transition, but with PT on my side it gets a little more bearable with each post. Again, THANKS PT!

moosmom
09-02-2009, 09:02 AM
I just saw this post, David. You are in my thoughts and prayers, honey.

Randi
09-02-2009, 09:44 AM
David, I wish you all the best for a smooth move. You will soon get settled and find new friends there. :)

sirrahbed
09-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Wishing you a smooth and calm move David! Have you asked maybe for someone to pick you up for church service at your new congregation? Being around people and friends you already have will help the transition. (((hug)))

davidpizzica
09-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Wishing you a smooth and calm move David! Have you asked maybe for someone to pick you up for church service at your new congregation? Being around people and friends you already have will help the transition. (((hug)))

Sirrahbed, there's a very nice modern LCMS church about a mile away from Concordia (St. Luke's) and there is shuttle bus service to the church every sunday.