PDA

View Full Version : Pavlov? Get out of here...

RICHARD
08-31-2009, 02:56 PM
For the record?

Pavlov was a Russian scientist who's research led him to study dogs who were conditioned to associate\the sound of a bell ringing to being fed- I would have loved to see him try that with cats.;) My scientific 'study' won't make any news but I do know they are pretty smart critters!

Ms. Kitty and the Calico lay outside the back door and are tuned into the creak of the floor and the sound of the back door opening up.:D

When I get to the door to look outdoors to check up on my brood, they immediately look up at the door and the window to see if I am on my way out.

They run to the corner of the stoop and wait.

I also notice that when I do go out they begin to talk to me and watch my hand very carefully. I feel badly when I walk outdoors with no treats or food for them! For some strange reason they know the big oaf will have some kind of treat for them in his hands. :rolleyes::cool:

I was thinking about that when Mr Pavlov and his work on dogs came to mind and then I thought,

"Who is conditioning who?"

I know the answer but ask you to do your own research to see if my results are the same?

catmandu
08-31-2009, 03:14 PM
My God Richard, that sounds like the Porch Cats and I!
They sit there and wait for the food to be placed down, and as you say wait for the Big Oaf to go back into the house!!!
:):)
They are friendlier with Janice the Meals on Wheels Lady , who has little parcels of goodies for them, and they love her Scottish Burr!
Maybe I should be Mc Catmandu and serve Haggis!!!
:love::love:
And yesterday we had Deli Chicken which just vanished!!!
We love to refill empty dishes!!!
:love::love:

orangemm
08-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Hmm, I don't know too much about Pavlov (other than what was mentioned above), but dare I say that there might be another Found Cat Hotel developing here? Maybe not a full-fledged hotel, but maybe a camping site?;):D

Bless you guys for being big softies...............:)

katladyd
08-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Textbook Classical Conditioning! But who is conditioning whom?:confused:

RICHARD
08-31-2009, 04:13 PM

I am not soft.....I just don't clean my plate sometimes!

Pics of my 'dogs' outside the door. If you look closely at the catnip plant, you can see it's been ravaged my the locals that camp out in the bakyard.:D

cassiesmom
08-31-2009, 09:59 PM
dare I say that there might be another Found Cat Hotel developing here?

Oh, definitely! Found Cats' Hotel West!

Richard and Ed, I've been hearing on the news today about brush fires around Los Angeles that are expanding faster than they can be contained -- I hope you are okay and far from it. (worried)

3Catcondo
09-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Cute pics and story, Richard. What is on the orangie's forehead?

catmandu
09-01-2009, 09:45 AM
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/pocoloco_2009/purrywurries806.jpg
And heres Scrappito:love::love: with his Meal of Chicken and a Whiskas Pouch.
By the grace of God Hes going to be A Found Cat!!!
:):):):)

RICHARD
09-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Cute pics and story, Richard. What is on the orangie's forehead?
Cobwebs!

Everyday one of the group comes out with something hanging off their heads!:D