PDA

View Full Version : Snow!!

Glacier
10-03-2002, 10:57 AM
It's snowing here today. It just started coming down. It's probably not going to last long, but the huskies are having a fabulous time chasing snowflakes!:D

wolf_Q
10-03-2002, 11:05 AM
Yay! I'm actually excited for snow this year! It will be Nebo's (husky) first experience with it! I bet he'll love it! It's been raining a lot lately (is right now)...but no snow. Although there has been some in the mountains.

ramanth
10-03-2002, 11:56 AM
:eek: Phew! You gave this girl here a heart attack. LOL! I'm not ready for snow yet!

Glad the huskies are having fun! You should take pics. ;)

Glacier
10-03-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by ramanth

Glad the huskies are having fun! You should take pics. ;) [/B]

Hmmm, I will take some pictures, but since it will be awhile before I get them posted, here's on of Muskwa from last winter--just home from a romp in the snow.

http://www.seemesmile.com/photos4/2360287a.jpg

ramanth
10-03-2002, 12:29 PM
AWWWW!!!!! He looks so happy. :)

I love having snow ball fights with Kia.... in December. Not October. LOL!

:D

Logan
10-03-2002, 12:43 PM
Well, shoot! We hardly ever get snow down south and it's almost 90 today! LOL!! What a difference!!!

Enjoy you snowflakes, puppies!!!! :D

lovemymaltese
10-03-2002, 01:54 PM
wow, here I am in 93 degree weather and you are talking about snow. That must be so neat. I have seen snow twice in all my 22 years, isn't that sad?

Cookiebaker
10-03-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Yay! I'm actually excited for snow this year! It will be Nebo's (husky) first experience with it! I bet he'll love it! It's been raining a lot lately (is right now)...but no snow. Although there has been some in the mountains.

It's going to be Malone's first experience also, and I cannot wait!! I love the snow anyway, and it will be so fun having him roll in the snow, and tossing snowballs for him to catch! :D

manda99
10-03-2002, 02:46 PM
After we move to NYC it'll be Smokey's first snow experience, too.

Wheeeeee! I hope he likes it. He probably won't.

primabella
10-03-2002, 02:50 PM
lol
hope the pups have a good time :D

Corinna
10-03-2002, 05:28 PM
Merlin read your post and heard the weather report here ,ran into his crate and snuggled down in his blanky. We had snow my last day of work in the park. None here at home , supposed to have rain mixed with snow tonight. Hope not got to get the storm windows on tomorrow. Burr!!! We went to Washington this last weekend 70 degrees . I of course took Montana clothes , needless to say I roasted all weekend.

mugsy
10-03-2002, 07:36 PM
You're just trying to make me jealous as I swelter in my un air conditioned classroom. I can't wait to see snow. I told the kids in my classes and they couldn't believe you had snow already.

Andie
10-03-2002, 07:42 PM
I hope it snows here this winter it'll be Bull's first snow if it does. Maybe we can have a white Christmas. :D

popcornbird
10-03-2002, 07:43 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Did I hear snow? Already? Its only the beginning of fall ans still in the 80's here! I can't imagine snow in this weather. If its already snowing where you're at, I can't imagine how cold it will be by December! Have fun in the snow! I wish it snowed where we lived but we have to drive 4 hours to see snow. We can see snow on the mountains around but that is rare, on very cold days. It never snows in the city. I have only seen snow twice and they were both great experiences. I have to beg my parents to take us again this winter to see the snow! I love snow! As for my parents, they used to live in Minnisota before I was born, and didn't have too good experiences with the extreme cold there. They are not too fond of snow except just to see for 2 days! I love snow and wish it would snow here. You guys are so lucky.

anna_66
10-04-2002, 07:37 AM
Muskwa is so beautiful! I bet they all just LOVE the snow. Can't wait to see a few more pics of them!

I lived in ND for about 8 years & hated it, it was way too cold for me & way too much snow! I remember having a big snow storm in May! But I bet if I lived there & had Roxey she would love it!
She never got but 1 chance last year to see snow & it wasn't even that much, mostly freezing rain mixed with snow, so she didn't much care for it. Here's a pic of her & her first snow.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/pf91e3212854a5f61702d48eaec46ef41/fdd1b174.jpg
Wow, what a big snow:rolleyes:

Glacier
10-04-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
:eek: :eek: :eek: Did I hear snow? Already? Its only the beginning of fall ans still in the 80's here! I can't imagine snow in this weather. If its already snowing where you're at, I can't imagine how cold it will be by December! Have fun in the snow! ve snow and wish it would snow here. You guys are so lucky.

We usually start to get snow in mid-October so this is a bit early for us. By December it will be -40C on a fairly regular basis and dark. I have no problem with the cold, but I hate the dark.

wolf_Q
10-04-2002, 10:30 AM
We've had snow in October too. Not all the time though, but it's normally pretty cold. I have a feeling Nebo is going to LOVE it. He loves the cold already. Last night it was raining, dark, and FREEZING, and he was out there playing in his swimming pool! Splashing around and having a great time. My mom thought he was *insane* lol.

Muskwa is gorgeous!!!! I love red huskies!! Hmmm...wonder why...:rolleyes:

CountryWolf07
10-04-2002, 02:21 PM
Ahhh!! Y'all talkin' about snow?! IN October? LOL, how about we postpone it til' Dec? THEN we can talk bout' it! ;) - Rachel

Blustang24
10-04-2002, 03:29 PM
Muskwa is adorable! I'm sure he loves the snow. No snow for Honey though....no snow for me, because there is no snow in Florida :rolleyes:

sammi
10-04-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Muskwa is so beautiful! I bet they all just LOVE the snow. Can't wait to see a few more pics of them!

I lived in ND for about 8 years & hated it, it was way too cold for me & way too much snow! I remember having a big snow storm in May! But I bet if I lived there & had Roxey she would love it!
She never got but 1 chance last year to see snow & it wasn't even that much, mostly freezing rain mixed with snow, so she didn't much care for it. Here's a pic of her & her first snow.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/pf91e3212854a5f61702d48eaec46ef41/fdd1b174.jpg
Wow, what a big snow:rolleyes:

You know what I will be faced with soon enough! Chance of snow tonight!:( Winter is fun and its pretty- for awhile but not when it lasts 6-7 month's. Icy roads, stalled cars ha!

Uabassoon
10-04-2002, 03:36 PM
wow, here I am in 93 degree weather and you are talking about snow. That must be so neat. I have seen snow twice in all my 22 years, isn't that sad?

I'm 21 and I've never seen snow. Now that's sad.

ParNone
10-04-2002, 03:56 PM
It's a chilly 88 degrees here today. Ah I love living in the South.:)
Wouldn't trade it for nothing. I like to visit places with snow,
but don't think I could handle the cold for more than a week
at a time.

Par...

Andie
10-04-2002, 05:10 PM
Here it snows but not very often. Our last big snow here was Jan. '94 with about 14 in. (over night at that :eek: ) but that was the most snow I've seen in my lifetime. We usually get 1-2 in every Dec/Jan but it hardly ever sticks or last only a couple days. Oh well I keep praying we'll have snow this year, I love taking Katie and the kids out for a sleigh ride, maybe Bull will join us for the run thru the snow this year.

turner
10-04-2002, 07:07 PM
I for one can't stand snow.......well I don't mind the snow but its the freezing temps that come along with it and the short days...you go to work and its dark...you leave work and its dark!!!! I live in the wrong place to hate snow! We only have about hummmm 3-4mths of good summer and then its not so good! I would love to have a "summer" christmas! But Deisel and Phoebe just love the snow....