PDA

View Full Version : All Paws For A Golden Cause

Albea
10-03-2002, 10:24 AM
For anybody in New England who may be interested:
On Sunday, October 20, from 11AM to 4PM, Yankee Golden Retriver Rescue will sponsor a Doggie Walk at the Borderland State Park in Easton/Sharon, MA.
All dogs, of any breed are welcome
Besides the 3 mile walk, that you may or may not want to participate in, there will be all kinds of fun activities, a parade of adopted and rescued dogs at noon and a Halloween costume contest.
For more information go to the YGRR Website at:
www.YGRR.org, or send me a PM ore-mail.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-03-2002, 10:34 AM
Alicia, that sounds like so much fun, I wish I could magically be there with Daisy and Perry to attend, we just don't have those kinds of things out here in California. Good Luck with it and have fun.
Jackie

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-03-2002, 10:35 AM
Sounds like so much fun! Wish I lived up north!

zookeeper
10-03-2002, 11:53 AM
The humane society in winnipeg holds a Paws in Motion walk that I did with my fiance and our dogs. It was a ton of fun. We did a 5K walk, although there was a 1K Furry Scurry (for cats, rabbits, rats and someone brought a gold fish:))

I would really suggest going to somethign like this as the dogs love it and you get to see so many different types of dogs:)

Logan
10-03-2002, 01:53 PM
I'm glad you brought this up, Alicia. Hopefully we have some members here that can go. If I were closer, you'd better believe that we'd be there! I still get all of Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue's mailings because we are members. I'm sure my buddy, Patti, from Foxboro, will be there with Quinna and Trapper (a YGRR rescue boy, himself) will be there. Sure wish you could meet up with her. She is a wonderful person, as are you! :)

Today, I got an email about Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue (or local organization) having their "reunion" in November. We have marked it on our calendar and are looking forward to attending.

Logan

Cookiebaker
10-03-2002, 02:44 PM
Oooh...I will have to look at a map to find out where they are! I doubt we will be able to make it, but I will look into it anyway. thanks! :)

Albea
10-04-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I'm glad you brought this up, Alicia...because I'm sure my buddy, Patti, from Foxboro, will be there with Quinna and Trapper (a YGRR rescue boy, himself) will be there. Sure wish you could meet up with her. She is a wonderful person, as are you! :)
Logan

Hi Logan!
Although I'm close enough, I'm afraid this year will not be possible for me to go:( My knee is still giving me trouble, I can't drive for more of 15 minutes or so. If a neighbor of mine who's also a member of YGRR goes, I may get a ride. If not, I'll have to miss it. I've gone almost every year and it's been great fun.:D
Alicia

Logan
10-04-2002, 01:53 PM
Alicia, I'm just sorry to hear that you are still battling with that knee!!! I know you have a terrific nurse in Carina, but still, it seems like you should be better by now.

Hopefully your friend will be able to accomodate you and get you there! Best wishes for a complete recovery and soon! :)