PDA

View Full Version : Cam went outside for a walk today

king2005
08-30-2009, 02:46 PM
I was taking Digi out to potty & Cam ran into the hallway. I caught her & put a leash on her harness & took her outside with me. She cried the whole time in the elevator & all the way to Digi's potty area. :rolleyes:

I let Digi potty, picked it up, then I put Cam down & she was scared. Digi & I were walking in the grass with Cam in Tow. Cam finally relaxed & was walking with us (no more towing lol) :)

I'm hoping she'll be able to walk on her leash from the apt door into the elevator & to Digi's potty place in 1-2 weeks time :cool:

momcat
08-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Time and patience should do the trick. Soncat had a kitty that loved going for walks on her leash. Cam will probably come to enjoy going outside.

catmandu
08-30-2009, 04:18 PM
I remember trying to train Bo Bo on a leash, but that was a no win situation as Bo Bo would not be leashed at all. I put a tie in into the lawn, and had Bo Bo on the other end. I thought Bo Bo would have lots of room to walk around.
Bo Bo diagreed reared back and ran so hard that she broke the leash!!!
It took me a few hours to clam her down , and take the collar off!!!
That was the end of that experiment!!!
:eek::eek::eek:

Karen
08-30-2009, 04:53 PM
As she is such a young kitten, I am sure she will adjust and be walking nicely on the leash in no time! I have several friends who had "city cats" that adjusted pretty quickly to leashed walks, and in fact would beg for them!