PDA

View Full Version : Road trip Thursday #331!

RICHARD
08-26-2009, 06:32 PM
I think this week will be a convertible road trip week.

Let's all pretend that the weather is nice and we can go for a ride to the countryside.

I'll get the ORC to make some sandwiches and I'll make some DOTDs for when we stop.

Hard Strawberry Lemonade recipe

2 oz lemonade Concentrate
1 oz La Paz® strawberry margarita mix
1 oz sweet and sour lemon bar mix
2 oz Malibu® coconut rum
2 oz vodka

DONE!

slick
08-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Oh I just love road trips. Any chance we can stop by Kansas and pick up MOFF??? Mz Gini had to join us too......maybe we can make it a really long road trip and go to Maryland to see LBaker. Shay, I'll take one of them DOTD's - one for each hand. Don't ask me to drive!!! :eek:;)

RICHARD
08-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Oh I just love road trips. Any chance we can stop by Kansas and pick up MOFF??? Mz Gini had to join us too......maybe we can make it a really long road trip and go to Maryland to see LBaker. Shay, I'll take one of them DOTD's - one for each hand. Don't ask me to drive!!! :eek:;)

Of course, the roads are virtual, so is the GPS!

2 for the road?
Done!

:D

davidpizzica
08-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Oh boy, a cyber road trip! This'll be practice for my real road trip next week. I want everyone here that as of tonight I've been officially approved to live at Concordia home! A DOTD for me, RICHARD.

RICHARD
08-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh boy, a cyber road trip! This'll be practice for my real road trip next week. I want everyone here that as of tonight I've been officially approved to live at Concordia home! A DOTD for me, RICHARD.

I'll drink with you!

Congrats and I hope that is a load off your mind, Two DOTDs!!!
cheers!

DONE!

cassiesmom
08-26-2009, 08:25 PM
It's not a good evening for a road trip here, weather-wise. Could I just have coffee, please? Actually, decaf coffee would be better.

Moesha
08-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Will we have a designated driver for this road trip? Surely that ORC isn't driving?!? :eek:

blue
08-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Of course, the roads are virtual, so is the GPS!

2 for the road?
Done!

:D

Can we virtualy drink and drive? Martini please, and Ill pull the top and doors off of the Postal Jeep.

RICHARD
08-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Can we virtualy drink and drive? Martini please, and Ill pull the top and doors off of the Postal Jeep.

There we go!

One martini, 3 olives? DONE!

Moe,

No ORC driving, relax and have a DOTD?

DONE!

CM,
It's always nice out here in the Interweb Interstate!
Decaf? coming up!
DONE!

Pinot's Mom
08-27-2009, 08:18 AM
I'll have a DOTD, please, even though it's early! And it will be a road trip weekend - we'll be in Florida with my father.

"maybe we can make it a really long road trip and go to Maryland to see LBaker."

You could come see me, too, if you come to Maryland! Just not this weekend. :)

lvpets2002
08-27-2009, 09:55 AM
:) Hey I have the perfect Vintage car here for the road trip.. Also here is some snacks.. Orc could you get us some of those yummy drinks please..

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/thumbnailconvertalbe.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/deliplatter.jpg

davidpizzica
08-27-2009, 10:02 AM
My brother doesn't know it yet, but I can get his 1970 Corvette convertible to go along with the Cadillac!

lvpets2002
08-27-2009, 10:06 AM
:) Boy Howdy we would be in such style then..
My brother doesn't know it yet, but I can get his 1970 Corvette convertible to go along with the Cadillac!

RICHARD
08-27-2009, 12:04 PM
I'll have a DOTD, please, even though it's early! And it will be a road trip weekend - we'll be in Florida with my father.

"maybe we can make it a really long road trip and go to Maryland to see LBaker."

You could come see me, too, if you come to Maryland! Just not this weekend. :)

How do I know these things?;)

I'll make a pitcher full of DOTDs and put them into a thermos.
DONE!

LP and David,

THanks for lending us transportation!
I think we can expect some fighting for the shotgun seat for the whole trip!

RedHedd
08-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Well the weather is VERY nice here in NorCal :cool: and it's lunch time - I'm hungry! What's for lunch? I'll have a plate full :D

RICHARD
08-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Well the weather is VERY nice here in NorCal :cool: and it's lunch time - I'm hungry! What's for lunch? I'll have a plate full :D

Fish cakes and a nice spinach salad?
Done!

Karen
08-27-2009, 03:30 PM
It's a beautiful day here, sunny but not too hot or cold - unusual for this summer. But we were just heading home after some errands, and I saw my first car fire, in progress on the side of the Mass Turnpike. The column of smoke issuing forth was amazing, thick black smoke, and there were flames 6 or so feet high from the whole front of the car. Scary, and impressive all at once.

For anyone who has ever driven into Boston, it was right at the Pike/128 interchange - a horrible spot for traffic flow. And of course the motorcade for Ted Kennedy is wending its way through Boston as I type this. Not a good day for a real road trip around these part, so I'll just join in this virtual one!

RICHARD
08-27-2009, 03:46 PM
For anyone who has ever driven into Boston, it was right at the Pike/128 interchange - a horrible spot for traffic flow. And of course the motorcade for Ted Kennedy is wending its way through Boston as I type this. Not a good day for a real road trip around these part, so I'll just join in this virtual one!

Gotcha, put on your seatbelt and away we go!

We have two brush fires that have cut off the shortcut to the valley from the high desert! That is causing probs out here.:eek:

RedHedd
08-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Fish cakes and a nice spinach salad?
Done!

LOL! I actually DID have spinach with my lunch - TJ's Indian Fare Palak Paneer - yummy spicy Indian spinach :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-27-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm up to my ears with kitty drama so not a good time for me to go BUT you can all stop by and kitty sit!!! Or just oooh and aaah! :D

I would love a cherry limeade right now!!! Please????

Also, two catnip teas for my indoor babies, milk for the momma kat, and nothing for the baby. She's too young to drink yet. She'll share her momma's, in a way. ;) :D

RICHARD
08-27-2009, 05:08 PM
LOL! I actually DID have spinach with my lunch - TJ's Indian Fare Palak Paneer - yummy spicy Indian spinach :D

How did I know that?:confused:

MOFF,

A cherry limeade and two cat nip teas and a milk-for two.:D

DONE!