PDA

View Full Version : Scout, my little orange girl

jazzcat
08-25-2009, 01:11 PM
I haven't been here in a while but I wanted to let my PT friends know that my little orange sweetheart Scout is gone. She had too many health issues and so we made that hard decision to say goodbye on Friday Aug. 21. After suffering with kidney stones and bladder stones for over a year we discovered she had hyperthyroidism this winter and she never responded well to the meds.

I miss her so much and I feel so guilty. I know only time will help. As my husband said last night, she may have had a little footprint but she made a big impact. She left a big hole in my heart. Six years together wasn't long enough.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/IMG_0671.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/1-2007/e7.jpg

jenluckenbach
08-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Oh Lori! {{{{{HUGS}}}}} I am so sorry. :( :( What heartbreaking news.

RIP Scout. You will be greatly missed.

Meet up with all our dear furbabies at the Bridge, they'll take care of you.

Barbara
08-25-2009, 02:22 PM
I am so sorry! And I am sure there is no need for guilt. We cannot help them with all their ailments- it sometimes is beyond our control:(
Scout had a wonderful life with you and she will be forever in our hearts.

Grace
08-25-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm so sorry to read this.

Prairie Purrs
08-25-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm so very sorry. What a lovely little girl she was!

RIP, Scout. You and Hagrid can learn your way around the RB together.

Killearn Kitties
08-25-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news about Scout. She was such a lovely girl and I always enjoyed your pictures of her.
Rest in peace beautiful, and unusual, ginger girl.

Taz_Zoee
08-25-2009, 02:54 PM
I am so sorry. I know how difficult that decision is to make.

RIP Scout

katladyd
08-25-2009, 03:17 PM
RIP little orange girl. You were dearly loved.:love:

catmandu
08-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Thats a very tough decision to make, one of the hardest decisions that we have to make in our lives.
If we say yes to having them PTS we wonder if we could given them another chance, if we delay we have a situation where we find them like Hanndsome John Hancock where he went under the cellar steps and died all alone.
WE are sorry to hear the Scout has passed on, but as with we Animal Lovers our stay on Earth is just the beginning, andd we are all destined to be Together in Pradise, and travel the World seeing the best of everything.
Scouts withthe Owesome Orange Organization , planning your being reunited in a Great Place to be determined.
One Fine Day :love:

Kirsten
08-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Oh Lori, I'm so sorry! That is so sad!! :eek:

R.I.P. little Scout!

And Lori, please don't feel guilty, you made that decision because you love her so much and didn't want her to suffer any longer. (((HUGS)))

Kirsten

lvpets2002
08-25-2009, 03:28 PM
:( So Sad to hear of the loss of Scout.. RIP wittle baby & play hard at the Bridge..

kuhio98
08-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Fly free beautiful Scout.
But, please stop by from time-to-time to let your meowmie know you are well free of your tired body.

You will be greatly missed and never forgotten.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/sleepy.gif

Edwina's Secretary
08-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Scout! So loved by your purrents and so admired here on PetTalk!

Godspeed sweet girl.

Pinot's Mom
08-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Sleep well, Scout, free of all pain. Play well at the Bridge dear one, and Peace to your family. They made a tough decision that was for the best for you out of much love; I'm sure you know that.

Medusa
08-25-2009, 07:56 PM
What a precious pic of Scout. I'm so sorry to hear of this. It's never easy to make the decision to help our beloved furkids to the Bridge but you did the last act of kindness for Scout and he'll be eternally grateful to you. RIP, dear Scout and peace to your humans. :love:

A candle burns for Scout: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9041815

jennielynn1970
08-25-2009, 08:05 PM
So sad to read this news.

Play hard at the Bridge, dear Scout.

3Catcondo
08-25-2009, 08:10 PM
RIP beautiful Scout, female orangies have a special place in my :love:

Cataholic
08-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Lori,
So very sorry to read this news on Scout. She was much loved, and will be forever missed. Gentle hugs to you.
Johanna

Randi
08-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Oh Lori, I'm so sorry to read this, and feeling very sad that Scout has gone. :( It is such a hard decision to make, but I know you did what was best for her. Try not to feel bad about that.

Scout was one of my favourites on Pet Talk. I will miss seing her here. I hope you will be comforted that she is not suffering now, but playing hard on the RB with the others.

Rest in peace, dear Scout - you will always be remembered and have a place in your mommy's heart. :love:

(((Hugs)))

kb2yjx
08-26-2009, 11:07 AM
What a precious ORANGE GIRL!! I am so sorry that Scout was so ill, and that treatment was no successful. But you did have six happy years and many memories to comfort you now...Sleep softly, dear Scout...

catlover4ever
08-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Lori I am so very sorry and heart broken to hear of Scout. She has eyes that seem like you can look forever and ever in them. Know that Scout is still with you in your heart and you memories of her. She will never leave your side, her spirit will always be right on side of you.

RIP Sweet Scout

RedHedd
08-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Oh No! Not Scout! I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, sweet orangie girl.

krazyaboutkatz
08-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Lori, I'm so sorry to hear about Scout's passing.:( She was such a beautiful little girl. I know it was very hard to let her go but you did the right thing. Now she's up at the Bridge with my Starr and Pepper and many more PT cats playing happily and being pain free. RIP sweet Scout.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Vermontcat
08-26-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that your pretty orangie girl Scout has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.:(
She had the sweetest face and the prettiest green eyes, I know you will miss her a lot.
Sending hugs your way.

Sonia59
08-27-2009, 04:13 AM
I am so sorry to read this! RIP pretty Scout, you will never be forgotten :love:

ChrisH
08-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Oh, Lori, I am so sorry. :(

May you rest in peace beautiful Scout girl.

phesina
08-27-2009, 12:37 PM
I am so very sorry. What a beautiful little girl she is.

Rest in peace, dearest Scout, so much loved and missed.

Anikaca77
09-03-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear about Scout. My she rest in peace. It's never easy and time will help. I know what you mean though about 6 years not being enough time, I adopted my Anika when she was 2 yrs and I had to put her to sleep last Oct. and she was only 8 yrs old. It's never easy but we do what's right for them and she looked very happy in those pics.

Hugs and prays,
Melissa

orangemm
09-03-2009, 03:40 PM
RIP little Scout. Know that you were loved very much while here on earth. Your meowmie will be sad, but you will see her one fine day. Play hard at the bridge, sweet one.:(:love::love:

Freedom
09-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Scout, romp at the Bridge and check out a few other PT kitties who are already there!

I am so sorry for your loss.

As time goes by, I am really starting to hate this hyperthyroidism in cats. :(

carole
09-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh Lori i was so sad to read your thread,just remember her fondly and know that she was happy and had a good life with you,they steal a big part of our hearts don't they? thinking of you, and RIP dear little Scout.