PDA

View Full Version : Name That Pug/Pics & a name

pomtzu
08-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Ok - I love my big brother dearly, but sometimes I swear that he is certifiable!! :eek:

He has two big dogs - a big yellow Lab and a Great Dane mix and two cats - a Meezer and a Persian. He now has a Pug! I was just talking to him on the phone and he broke the news to me.

Anyway - baby Pug is a boy and 4 months old and in need of a really good name. Help us out here with some suggestions please.

And if the dog issue wasn't enough - he bought another motorcycle yesterday - after selling his big custom Gold Wing about a month ago - because it was too big for him to handle anymore. So he buys a smaller bike - somewhat bigger than a scooter. Can't wait to see pics of these new acquisitions!

Geeze.............:p :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
08-25-2009, 11:20 AM
:) Well I cant wait for pics.. Well lets see = I would say since the pug will prob be on the MBike riding then whats you think of Sprocket or Rocket.. Or you could just name him Pugsley..

Taz_Zoee
08-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Men!!! Just kidding :p I guess boys will be boys no matter their age.

Years ago my grandma had a pug named Bandit. He was the tan (or fawn) color with the black face. Every time I see a pug of this color I think of Bandit.
What color is your brothers dog?? I would also like to see a picture of this puppy AND the new bike. LOL
Oh, what are the other dogs names too?

pomtzu
08-25-2009, 11:30 AM
I presume that little Pug is the common fawn and black color.

He tends to name his pets based on color:
Yellow Lab - Buffy
Great Dane Mix - Sandy
Meezer - Cocoa
Silver Shaded Persian - Smokey

Oh - he has a parrot too! It's green, but not named Greenie!!! :rolleyes: :D That load mouth chatter box is Casey.

Taz_Zoee
08-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Hmmmmm.....if it is the black and tan I am thinking Guinness!!
However, if it is an all black pup then how bout Shadow or Midnight. Nah, those are manly enough. Ummm.....Cole?

Bandit could have to do with his color. Because he looks like a Bandit with the black mask on his face.

lvpets2002
08-25-2009, 11:33 AM
:) Well I would say name the baby Fawn with the exception the baby is a boy.. So he could name the baby Tripp.. Meaning tri color.. Hey I like Bandit as well..

Grace
08-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Hmmmmm.....if it is the black and tan I am thinking Guinness!!

Great suggestion!!

CountryWolf07
08-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Guiness
Harley
Woody
Bubba
Deisel

Asiel
08-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Since he got them nearly at the same time, how about Scooter?

happylabs
08-25-2009, 02:13 PM
I think Pugs look like little old men.

Here are a couple names:

Walter (Matthau or Cronkite)
Herbert (Hoover)
George (Carlin)
Jack (Lemmon)

:D :D :D

Grace
08-25-2009, 02:22 PM
I think Pugs look like little old men.

Here are a couple names:

Walter (Matthau or Cronkite)
Herbert (Hoover)
George (Carlin)
Jack (Lemmon)

:D :D :D

Well, I already said I liked Guinness, but I also like all of these. And adding another that I just thought of, in the older man theme - how about Henry?

Daisy and Delilah
08-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Here's my list:

Toasty
Tanner
Buffett
Biscuit
Cracker
Khaki
Coffee
Dusty
Levi
Docker

:D

pomtzu
08-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Great so far. Keep them coming. I have submitted these and thought of a couple too - Bugsy (eyes) and Stumpy (short legs). I wouldn't dare even mention Harley, since brother is a dyed-in-the-wool Honda man!
He used to drive a Harley in his much younger days, tho! :eek:

happylabs
08-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Great so far. Keep them coming. I have submitted these and thought of a couple too - Bugsy (eyes) and Stumpy (short legs). I wouldn't dare even mention Harley, since brother is a dyed-in-the-wool Honda man!
He used to drive a Harley in his much younger days, tho! :eek:

Honda...there ya go. Did you say this already?

pomtzu
08-25-2009, 03:20 PM

Great idea. That went over my head since I was more concerned about NOT saying Harley! :D

lvpets2002
08-25-2009, 03:22 PM
:) Well there ya go Name the baby Honda after his daddy's Bike.. See there I knew there would the bike issue in there somewhere.. Read my past post #2..:D

Daisy and Delilah
08-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Just for kicks. Here are some famous Pug names.:D

Famous Pugs
•Floyd from Norbit
•Algy from Rupert Bear
•Monroe from The Life and Times of Juniper Lee
•Otis from The Adventures of Milo and Otis
•Percy from Pocahontas
•Cheeka from commercials for the Hutch cellular network in India
•Frank from Men in Black and Men in Black II
•Alan from King of Queens
•Cruiser from Legend of the Dragon (TV series)
•Chester & Charles, pets and occasional stars of the webcomic Natalie Dee
•Pakkun from Naruto
•Sophia from The Life and Times of Katrina Waisanen
•Bess from The West Wing
•Willie from EastEnders
•Weenie, who lived with Eloise at the Plaza Hotel, in author Kay Thompson's Eloise children's book series
•In David Lynch's film Dune, Duke Leto Atreides has a pet Pug. Its name is never revealed.
•Bean from The Clique Series.
•Mimi Larue is a famous Pug owned by Tori Spelling.
•Oso from the online comic Sheldon.
•Sid and Nancy are Jessica Alba's Pugs.
•Lucy from Gabrielle Zevin's 2005 novel Elsewhere
•Petula from Molly Moon
•Mops from Marie Antoinette (2006) Movie
•Lolita, a Pug owned by actor Gerard Butler
•Web-comic makers Drew (webcomic artist) and Natalie Dee (of toothpaste for dinner and Natalie Dee fame) own two Pugs named Charles and Chester.

pomtzu
08-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Here's baby Pug - still unnamed - altho it looks like he might be Bandit or Scooter. I like Chopper. I can just picture that little rascal in a helmet and goggles. It would suit him to a tee!

Daisy and Delilah
08-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Awwww.....what a cute little nugget!!!:D

happylabs
08-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Very cute! Love his coloring. Too bad he isn't a girl. They could name him Puggy Sue. :D

lvpets2002
08-26-2009, 03:15 PM
:love: Awee he is such a wittle Cutie Pie.. Now remember we already have a PT member with a Chiwwaa named Chopper that rides with them on their Harley Bike..:D I like Bandit or Honda..
Here's baby Pug - still unnamed - altho it looks like he might be Bandit or Scooter. I like Chopper. I can just picture that little rascal in a helmet and goggles. It would suit him to a tee!

pomtzu
08-31-2009, 10:39 AM
Baby has a name - officially he will be known as Scooter.

Brother says he's such a good boy. He's quiet at night and hasn't had any "accidents" - so far! :D

As far as the others accepting him:

Buffy has snapped at him a couple of times
Sandy loves him
Cocoa hisses and growls at him
Smokey ignores him

Being that Buffy and Cocoa have ruled the roost for so long, it will probably take some time for them to get used to him, but my brother trained dogs in the past, so he knows how to handle it. They'll come around eventually.........:D

Daisy and Delilah
08-31-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm glad to hear they picked a name, Ellie. The little guy is gonna have to be there for awhile before he gains favor from the others. Some day, they will all love each other, I hope.:)