PDA

View Full Version : Would you see a doctor?

Sirrahsim
08-25-2009, 07:23 AM
For a broken nose??? My head going in forward motion connected HARD with Tyler's head going in a backward motion. Snap crackle pop, blood, OUCH

It is a bit swollen but doesn't look crooked. It hurts but isn't unmanagable as long as I don't put on my glasses. The most bothersome aspect is that I can't breathe through my nose which I am assuming is due to the swelling.

I don't think that there is anything that the doc can do, right??

Grace
08-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Absolutely you should see the doctor. And I think you know you should, or you wouldn't have bothered to ask the question.

Catherinedana
08-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Oh! Big ouch!

Yes, I think you should see a doctor, just for safety's sake. Let your doc make sure that you don't have any complications from the injury and Tyler can get a lollipop (maybe you should get one too!)

Let us know how things go!
Cathy

Sirrahsim
08-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Webmd and the book my doctor gave me say that I don't need to go... I just needed a third, fourth, fifth opinion:( I hate going to the doctor

sasvermont
08-25-2009, 07:39 AM
I would go. As much as you would rather not, be careful and go. You have two kiddies to take care of for years to come, and you need to know that you won't have nose problems during that time.

Better to be safe, than sorry.:)

happylabs
08-25-2009, 07:47 AM
You should at least call your doctor. Sorry you are in pain. :(

Sirrahsim
08-25-2009, 07:48 AM
i just called the nurse advice line and darn it all they referred me to the off base clinic.. darn it...

Sirrahsim
08-25-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm home. Motrin for the pain, ice for the swelling. Ginger for the nausea from swallowing blood.:o
I'm gonna go lay down now.

Taz_Zoee
08-25-2009, 09:57 AM
I think I broke (or fractured if it's possible) my nose a couple times when I was young. Didn't go to a doctor and my nose is fine. The only problem I have is if I get bumped even slightly it hurts like you-know-what. And I have a small bump on the bridge but nothing too noticeable.
I'd say just ice it to help with the swelling. But it sounds like you're going to the doctor. Which I probably would too if it happened to me now as an adult. My mom never took us to the doctor unless it was serious or life threatening.

I hope you're feeling better soon. I know how nose pain is. :(

lvpets2002
08-25-2009, 11:05 AM
:) Ouchy Ouchy == Yup you get some rest.. Put plenty of ice on the nose & maybe before long you can breath again.. Those head contacts can be hard ones..

RedHedd
08-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Go to a doctor. I don't care if you hate going to a doctor, GO so you can continue to smell and breathe later on in life GO!

Daisy and Delilah
08-25-2009, 02:55 PM
OUCH!!! Feel better Missy!! How is Tyler's head?;)

kokopup
08-25-2009, 03:03 PM
I had a nose injury that was untreated as a child and now 55 years later I'm paying the price for that treatment that I should have had. I have a deviated septum in my left nostril. This was a direct result of that injury. Breathing through that side is very limited because of obstruction caused by the deviated septum. You may never have a problem like I do but for me it is a big issue because I have chronic dry mouth caused from cancer treatment. I find it hard to breath through my nose all the time and mouth breathing causes extra problems for my dry mouth. I may have never known the extent of my nasal damage if it were not for the other problems that came along. I say go to the doctor and see to it that your nose is packed to prevent it from becoming deviated.

Karen
08-25-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm glad you went to get it checked out - yeah, it is best to be sure with one's nose - ya only get one, and you don't need to risk it getting messed up! If you end up with black eyes, do take a picture to threaten to show Tyler's future girlfriends ...

beeniesmom
08-26-2009, 03:19 AM
Oh yes, I would definately go. I hope you feel better soon. Ouch ouch ouch.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-26-2009, 03:54 AM
OOPS Missy :eek::eek:, that sure hurts a lot!!

Kokopup is right, better be sure there is no other damage! I had nurse surgery too several years ago for a similar thing; and hey :( it was NOT pleasant at all :eek::(

How is Tyler's head? Did he get injured too?

Big hug for both of you!!:love:

Sirrahsim
08-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Ugh this morning there is still not bruising but the tip of my nose is even more swollen. My nose ring is sticking out at a funny angle which would be funny if it didn't hurt.
Tyler's head is fine. It didn't hurt him one bit :D

Grace
08-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Ugh this morning there is still not bruising but the tip of my nose is even more swollen. My nose ring is sticking out at a funny angle which would be funny if it didn't hurt.
Tyler's head is fine. It didn't hurt him one bit :D

Are you able to remove the nose ring - temporarily? If not, you need to keep ice on the area as much as possible. When I worked in the ER, we often had to cut rings off fingers due to swelling.

Sirrahsim
08-26-2009, 09:32 AM
I had the presence of mind to change to my longest corkscrew bar right after it happened. At this point the swelling isn't even covering half of the metal bar so I think it'll be ok..