PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Dental Aug 25

Queen of Poop
08-24-2009, 10:08 PM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff208/queenofpoo/th_P8190031.jpg (http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff208/queenofpoo/?action=view&current=P8190031.jpg)

Dearest Sasha, 15 years old, will be going to have a dental tomorrow. She will have a cleaning and lose at least one tooth, possibly more. She will be put under for the "procedure". I am very scared that she will not survive this. That she is too old for it. But her blood work shows she should be fine. The tooth has to come out, it is in very bad shape, to the point where it's causing her to drool excessively. We will be leaving home about 7:10 tomorrow morning. She and I would appreciate all the good thoughts we can get, please and thanks ever so much.

Taz_Zoee
08-25-2009, 09:18 AM
I'll keep Sasha in my thoughts today.

Daisy and Delilah
08-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out for Sasha, and Mom, of course.:)

I always worry myself sick too but I think the pups are stronger than we think. I'll look forward to an update.

Queen of Poop
08-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Sasha lost one tooth. It was in really bad shape and infected. It has been removed, the infection cleaned up and disolvable stitches in place. The rest of her teeth are great for a 15 year old dog. She is recovering slowly from being knocked out so they are keeping her until 7 pm tonight.

We thank you for the good thoughts you kept for us.

Daisy and Delilah
08-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Great news!! I know the relief has washed over you. I can almost feel it. I need to take Delilah in for a good cleaning and I'm dreading it.

Feel better Sasha and have a good night!!:)

Taz_Zoee
08-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Ah, I am so glad to see this update! I've been waiting all day!

I also need to take Zoee in for a cleaning and she's only 4 years old. But I'll still be a nervous wreck!

I still keep you guys in my thoughts until Sasha is home where she belongs. :)

Queen of Poop
08-25-2009, 09:42 PM
We are home. She is quite groggy. I figured she'd be much more alert. I had to carry her to the truck, into the house, to her room. She cried in the truck on the way home, I drove too fast but had to get her home and medicated. I spoon fed her some wet food with the meds hidden within. She never noticed the pills. She had a little wet poop on her yoga mat, cleaned it up and her. She will get a nice bath when she's up to it. She is resting now. I'll be sleeping with her tonight to ensure I don't miss any distress she might be in. I feel awful for doing this to her. But the bad tooth was so very infected, it had to come out.

K9karen
08-25-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm so glad that Sasha is home, safe and sound in your loving arms. I remember years ago when RB Cody had a tooth pulled (he broke it on a rawhide bone), and it was the first time I ever saw him in distress. He went through 2 ACL surgeries just fine. I guess, like we humans, dental work can suck. I don't remember what it was (not Rimydal) but he seemed much better after his painkillers. It didn't take him long to recover, really. He ate slowly (shock) but it was only a few days and he was his silly self. I hope Sasha recovers quickly. You HAD to remove the tooth, so don't feel bad. Infected teeth can cause so many other problems. And you're a great mom for sleeping with her! I would too! Hugs and kisses to both of you!

delidog
08-25-2009, 10:16 PM
I am Glad that Sasha is Alright...Have a Comfortable Rest Dear Sasha

Queen of Poop
08-26-2009, 08:10 AM
We had kind of a sleepless night. Sasha did quite a bit of coughing. I'm guessing her throat was irritated from having a tube down it. At 2 am she wanted outside and was able to walk by herself, with supervision of course. She slept well after that. She's eaten a bit of the wet food this morning, will get more in a bit with the rest of her meds in about an hour. I think she will be fine. We go back to the vet in 10 days for a recheck on the infection.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments.

Daisy and Delilah
08-26-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm still tinking of you two today. Feel better Sasha girl. I can so relate to this and how you feel. It's such a tough decision to make to have them put under at this age but it's for the best for them in the long run. Sasha will thank you in a day or two. I hope you both can get some rest today.:)

Queen of Poop
08-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Just wanted to update everyone. Sasha had a bath on Saturday and smells lovely, like raspberries. She is also feeling sooooooo much better with that nasty tooth out. She is like a different dog. It is absolutely amazing. She's even standing up to Chance now. Look out pupper, the old lady might be taking her spot at the top afterall!!!

Karen
08-31-2009, 05:16 PM
Just wanted to update everyone. Sasha had a bath on Saturday and smells lovely, like raspberries. She is also feeling sooooooo much better with that nasty tooth out. She is like a different dog. It is absolutely amazing. She's even standing up to Chance now. Look out pupper, the old lady might be taking her spot at the top afterall!!!

Excellent, that is sooo good to hear! :) You go, old girl!

Daisy and Delilah
09-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Great news!!!! Raspberries......Yummmmmm......:)

Queen of Poop
09-04-2009, 07:20 PM
We saw the vet this morning to have the socket checked. The vet was very happy how she's healing from having the tooth removed. Ya Hoo!!! She's doing great.