PDA

View Full Version : Our visitor

Taz_Zoee
08-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Some of you may have read the thread where I was trying to find my friends cat a home. Well she decided to find him a temporary home so I took him in.

His name is G. He is 8 years old and weighed in at 22.9lbs at the vet last week. His left ear is folded over at the tip. We think he was either in a fight or got it caught on something. He was an outside (garage and backyard) cat before he came here.
He is such a lovebug. If you stop petting him he'll rub his face against you or use his big mitten paw (he's polydactyl) and grab your arm. I don't have very many good pictures of him yet. I wish someone had a camera yesterday. He was on the bed with me snuggling. He's so sweet!!!

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/2009/Cats/P1010054.jpg

He's not fond of the dogs and Paizly and him have a mutual hate for each other. So he only comes out of the "cat room" while supervised.

phesina
08-24-2009, 07:02 PM
What a fine-looking, fine-sounding guy!

katladyd
08-24-2009, 09:22 PM
What a big, sweet, handsome boy! And he's lover as well? I'd have trouble keeping him a temporary resident!:love: Good luck with that.:)

Felicia's Mom
08-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Congrats on your new cat.

blue
08-24-2009, 09:36 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Good for you on taking him in as a foster.

Taz_Zoee
08-24-2009, 09:44 PM

Ha ha, I don't think so. Right now he's confined to one room and that's not good. He is diabetic and needs more exercise. I'm trying to integrate him to the rest of the house but he won't come out of the room with the dogs around. And I'm afraid of what could happen if he and Paizly meet up unsupervised. G is three times Paizly's size. He could stomp on her in a second. And when Paizly was in "his" room once I really thought he was going to attack her. I picked her up and he ran at her as I was picking her up. So all I could do was toss her toward the door so she could escape (without any of my skin). Also, Bruce is not thrilled with the idea of him being here. Not that he's mean to G. Not at all. But he was against the whole thing. So if my friend decides she can't come back to get him then I'll have to find him a home where he'll have more room to roam and someone that can monitor his diabetes. I'm concerned his diabetes is going to require insulin again since he's confined. :(
He's welcome to visit for another month or so. And I'll take good care of him while he's here. :) I guess I should say "never say never". But as it stand right now, he's a visitor. Unless he can get along with the crew. I already had to deal with Taz not liking Paizly for a year. It's stressful.

krazyaboutkatz
08-25-2009, 01:12 AM
He sure is one big cat. I'm glad that you're able to foster him for a while. Hopefully things will work out and everyone will calm down. Good luck.:)

Medusa
08-25-2009, 07:17 AM
Yes, it's tough when you have cats who don't get along. My RB Peeka hated my sweet Pidge, probably because Pidge and Boo have always been heartthrobs from day one and Peeka, being Boo's sister, was jealous of their companionship. Poor Pidge practically lived under my bed for years because Peeka would attack her every time she showed her face. She'd even stalk her and wait for her to come out of the litterbox. Poor Pidge was so stressed all the time. It wasn't fair to her but I kept thinking that they'd eventually get along and you know when that finally happened? When Creamsicle came to the family. For some reason, she had a calming effect on Peeka and she never picked on Pidge again but Pidge still was very cautious when walking through the house even after Peeka died. So I can fully understand why you wouldn't want that kind of situation in your house, Cindy. You're doing a wonderful thing by fostering G and maybe things will settle down and you'll decide to keep him but, if not, it's understandable why you'd want to find him another home. :)

Taz_Zoee
08-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks guys. Well the plan is still for his mommy to come get him. And I hope that happens. This poor guy lost his daddy back in June and now his mommy is gone. I think something pretty serious would have to occur for her not to come get him. She's actually thinking of living out here (I really hope she does) instead of moving back east to Delaware with family. We shall see how the visit goes and what she decides.
I left the cat room door open last night but he did not venture out. Although Paizly walked by the room while the door was open, so that's progress. :) I just need to take it slow, baby steps. But I feel like he doesn't have time for that with his diabetes. I don't want him to have to be back on insulin. I actually keep toying with the idea of setting him up out in the garage with access to the backyard, but I don't think Bruce would approve. And I would worry too much anyway. Only time will tell...........

catmandu
08-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Poor Big Bruce
:cool:
Here you are a starnger in a strange place with Barkers and a New Cat to get used to.
:eek:
You are in a very good place Big Cat, and at 23 pounds you have nothing to worry about, those barkers wont bother you
:D
We hope you can relax and get used to your place, just think of it as a Motel 6!!!
:)

lvpets2002
08-25-2009, 11:11 AM
:love: Well G your sure a Bigg Handsome Gent.. I sure hope you get to go back home.. Enjoy your temp stay..

cassiesmom
08-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Gee, G! You are a big, handsome fellow! I hope everything works out for you!

Taz_Zoee
08-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Well, last night while the dogs were outside I took the gate down from G's door. He ventured out and back to the bedroom, which is usually where he goes. Then he came into the office where I was on the computer. Paizly was in there with me and immediately sat up and began hissing, growling and doing this weird chortle snort thing that I've never heard out of a cat before.
G was not phased by Paizly's attitude. He left the office and went to explore the living room. All the while Paizly stayed perched on the corner of the desk in the office watching the hallway for his return. G is still very skittish when he's out of the room. Every little sound or if we walk toward him he dashes back to the room. It will take time, but eventually he'll get used to the house. And that's probably when his mommy will come get him. LOL
Later when he went back to his room I put the gate back up. I was in the bathroom getting ready to shower and Paizly was in the hall outside the bathroom door looking into G's room. There she went with the hissing, growling and snorting! Surprisingly, G was right at the gate meowing back in his deep "leave me alone" meow. The good thing is neither of them seem to be traumatized by each others presence. So maybe they'll learn to exist together, like Taz did with Paizly. :)

Kirsten
08-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Glad he found you! :)

Kirsten