PDA

View Full Version : It's 105 outside

Sirrahsim
08-24-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm melting:o My A/C is on high and can't get it under 80 degrees...
I planned to make pizza for dinner but if the A/C doesn't start bringing the temp down very quickly then turning on the oven is the LAST thing I want to do!

lvpets2002
08-24-2009, 04:46 PM
:) Girl I know.. I refuss to cook in the Hot times of Texas summers.. I only cook when the temps start falling.. Yes it is Hot Hot.. I am so ready for Fall..

Queen of Poop
08-24-2009, 06:49 PM
You're so lucky!!! It already feels like fall here. It was only 8oC here this morning. Very chilly for this time of year.

Glacier
08-24-2009, 08:50 PM
It's close to 0 here, 32F, raining, rain that is definately snow up higher. I just lit the woodstove to warm the house up!

Cinder & Smoke
08-24-2009, 10:35 PM
It's close to 0 here, 32F, raining, rain that is definately snow up higher.
I just lit the woodstove to warm the house up!

>GASP<

It's AUGUST ... "down here" we worry about the AC and the Fans ...
not where we stored the snow shovels and the ear muffs!

But it IS getting *nippy* in here ... gosh - 75* F --- I feel a chill! :p

Maybe I otta turn the FAN off.

:rolleyes:

blue
08-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Its been getting in the 70sf here, anymore then that I want to just sit in front of a fan.

CountryWolf07
08-24-2009, 11:40 PM
My boyfriend is in Ft. Worth/Dallas, TX until tomorrow night for work (cell phone towers and he's a engineer for Lincoln Electric) and he said today worn him out - and that it was 100 degrees today. I can't imagine having to work in that type of weather. I'm glad he's coming back to Cleveland tomorrow night.

lvpets2002
08-25-2009, 10:45 AM
:) Yes I would for sure Not want a outside job.. Yup 100% days with the Heat Index of 105 - 110%.. Even at 10:00 pm at night it is still 90% temp.. And when its like this for days & days then that is when it just wears you out..
My boyfriend is in Ft. Worth/Dallas, TX until tomorrow night for work (cell phone towers and he's a engineer for Lincoln Electric) and he said today worn him out - and that it was 100 degrees today. I can't imagine having to work in that type of weather. I'm glad he's coming back to Cleveland tomorrow night.

CountryWolf07
08-25-2009, 01:31 PM
:) Yes I would for sure Not want a outside job.. Yup 100% days with the Heat Index of 105 - 110%.. Even at 10:00 pm at night it is still 90% temp.. And when its like this for days & days then that is when it just wears you out..

No kidding. I'd rather not do that either. He just works SO much when he's away for work in different states. It sucks sometimes because he doesn't really get much break.

Asiel
08-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Sure would like to know what 105 degrees feels like. We will never see that over here, we're in the 70's right now and our a/c is running, for us this is hot. Our nights are falling to single digits already.

Kirsten
08-25-2009, 02:15 PM
That's just awful! :( We had 102° last week, and we don't even have a/c here. Luckily, it cooled off the next day!

Kirsten

Asiel
08-25-2009, 02:19 PM
It just turned pitch black out there so the rain they called for that didn't come must have decided to hit us after all. I can hear the thunder and the lightning is flashing so it's going to be another downpour for us, the wind is bending the trees like mad. Supper with the lights on I guess.

lvpets2002
08-25-2009, 03:35 PM
:) I wish we had your temps.. Also we need rain real bad too.. Could you push it all our way please..:D
Sure would like to know what 105 degrees feels like. We will never see that over here, we're in the 70's right now and our a/c is running, for us this is hot. Our nights are falling to single digits already.

Asiel
08-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Omg......someone who actually wants rain??? Coming right up, we have more than enough to go around for anyone who needs some. Gardens didn't grow this year because we had no sun and too much rain.
If anyone can spare a bit of sunshine we could use some here .

lvpets2002
08-26-2009, 09:56 AM
:) Ok we will trade some sunshine for some rain.. We are 18' low in the lake where our water supply comes from.. We are in a water ration stage 3.. And of course each 100 to 105% Hot Days is not helping at all..
Omg......someone who actually wants rain??? Coming right up, we have more than enough to go around for anyone who needs some. Gardens didn't grow this year because we had no sun and too much rain.
If anyone can spare a bit of sunshine we could use some here .

Asiel
08-26-2009, 01:27 PM
I've never heard of a water ration?? You do sound in need of water, sure wish we could blow some of our rain your way. I'm grateful today, the sun decided to come out and is supposed to stay out till Thursday , then back to rain Friday and the whole weekend. Cool North wind and only 6 degrees when we got up , it's 12 right now. Not even close to 105.