PDA

View Full Version : Now heres a rescue story!!!!!

riesfamily
10-02-2002, 07:35 PM
I know a man named Mike Lingenfelter. He rescued a golden retriever from a shelter. He had a broken hip and heart worms.

Bonding with this pet was just what the doctor ordered for Mike
He had several heart attacks so bad he was put on life supports. Surviving that left him severely depressed but a dog named Dakota living in the shelter was a turn around for Mike

Dakota could warn Mike when his heart was about to act up, saving him many times. Not only him but other co-workers.

Dakota is in the Ala. Hall of Fame. The Texas Hall of Fame, The Humanitarian Award (first non-human to ever receive) Service Dog of the Year by the Delta Society, and more.

A new book just released by Mike called "the angel by my side" is a breath taking in depth story of Dakota and himself. Sadly Dakota died last year. But I do believe he was sent here to earth on a mission to get a message out to us all.

All proceeds have been donated by Mike to The Delta Society and the University of Colorado Animal Cancer Center.

How many other Dakotas are out there in shelters with great potential and talent to share with us? Thousands and thousands!

I believe this book could bring to the public in general a re-consideration about the treatment and well being of all animals.

Go to his website at www.angelbymyside.com
purchase the book
support the Dakota Foundation

We do have the power to fight back abuse and unwanted animals
thanks for your time.

HorseGirl13
03-15-2003, 06:50 PM
ohmygod. i have tears in my eyes. that is soo cool:)

tomkatzid
03-16-2003, 11:37 AM
I just order the book.

captain
03-19-2003, 07:41 PM
That is beautiful ...........

HoRsELUvR
03-29-2003, 11:24 PM
one of those stories that just makes you wanna cry.(not in a depressing way)

Jessica12345
03-30-2003, 03:52 PM
aww:)