PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable, yet sadly true....

jenluckenbach
08-23-2009, 06:38 PM
I continue to be appauled by the human race. :(

This happened at our small, rural, shelter (One by One cat rescue) early last week......

Imagine if you will, 14 adult cats and 2 kittens crammed into fruit boxes, closed tightly with electrical tape and dumped alongside a country home. Imagine ~ because it's true! Early Monday morning, approximately 4 AM, a family who lives near by the One by One Rescue Cat Shelter, heard someone drive up in front of their house. The boxes of cats were discovered later in the morning by this family.

With the oppressive August heat wave we are experiencing, these cats are lucky to be alive, period.

And they are. One by One has taken in all of the cats. Their shelter and foster homes are already filled to capacity. And yet, One by One is vetting all of these cats at their own expense. This is a true financial hardship for this dedicated group.

See some of the cats on our website.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/PA02.html

momcat
08-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Jen, stories like this make me feel ashamed of being a human! Thank God the kitty family was found by people who cared enough to try and help. Things are a bit tight with us right now, but where can I send a few dollars to help out?

krazyaboutkatz
08-24-2009, 12:13 AM
How horrific.:( I'm so glad that they were found in time and that the wonderful people of "One by One" were able to take them in and care for them. Now hopefully they'll all be able to find new loving forever homes quickly.

katladyd
08-24-2009, 01:02 AM
I sometimes am ashamed of the actions of humans. How could anyone do such a thing and live with themselves? I hope all of these kitties find homes where they can discover the love of good humans.:love:

Medusa
08-24-2009, 06:46 AM
This type of story sickens me. Somehow I can't imagine that if the situation were reversed and cats were in control, that they would do something like this to humans. I'm so glad that they're all safe and how fortunate to have a rescue group like One by One nearby.

Anikaca77
08-24-2009, 06:54 AM
This type of story sickens me. Somehow I can't imagine that if the situation were reversed and cats were in control, that they would do something like this to humans. I'm so glad that they're all safe and how fortunate to have a rescue group like One by One nearby.

I agree

jenluckenbach
08-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Here is a photo of the boxes (after the cats were removed)

momcat, One by One's mailing address is:

PO Box 226, Kutztown, Pa 19530

Taz_Zoee
08-24-2009, 09:11 AM
I have tears in my eyes after seeing those boxes, just imagining those poor babies stuffed in there. :( Thank goodness for One by One.

catmandu
08-24-2009, 09:31 AM
I have the feeling that someone who had a Multi Cat home passedon, and thier Greedy and Stupid Realtives just dumped all of those Poor Cats.
They will get thier just desserts one day I pray when thier children dump them in a crummy nursing home.
:):):)

lvpets2002
08-24-2009, 12:26 PM
:(:mad: That is just the Sadest Most Horrible Story Ever.. I am just sick to my stomach..

:love: However I am glad the babies will all be ok & now in good hands.. I am sure they all will be adopted soon.. Thank you all so much for your hard work & having loving homes for all of the babies..

kuhio98
08-24-2009, 12:31 PM
One super idiot followed by several super hero's to give this story a happy ending.

phesina
08-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh.... my..... God....... :eek::mad::(

I will also be sending a donation along to help with caring for all these beautiful innocent babies (in addition to all the others they are caring for).

God bless you, Jen and all the wonderful folks at One By One. :love::love::love:

Kirsten
08-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Oh Jen, how awful! :( It never ceases to amaze me what distusting kind of things the human race is capable to do! :( :(

I'm so glad that these kitties were found, and I hope they will find a good and loving furever home!

Kirsten

momoffuzzyfaces
08-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Major LES here!!! I wish we had such a place here to help out unwanted little ones!!! Sometimes, I would love to give certain mean people a swift kick in their backsides. I think they will get their, um, "just rewards" some day though! :(

phesina
08-25-2009, 04:30 PM
A candle for One By One and your 16 new arrivals: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9040808

I also sent a donation today.

I wish I could do something REALLY good, like get ahold of the party or parties responsible for this situation and boil him/her/them in oil.

moosmom
08-26-2009, 09:59 AM
I hope whoever did this to those precious babies dies a horrible, painful death.

momcat
08-26-2009, 09:24 PM
I wish I could do something REALLY good, like get ahold of the party or parties responsible for this situation and boil him/her/them in oil.

Tell you what Phesina, if you start the fire I'll bring the oil! Does anyone have a large enough vat we can borrow for the occasion?